Wont connect.

RXDriv3r

Ok so heres the full story...

My cousin calls me up and tells me his internet isnt working, so when I go over it says it has Limited or No Connectivity....we tried a few things, even bought a new Ethernet Card....still wont work....I noticed tho whenever the PC boots up theres a .dll that crashes...it says somethin like 'C:Program Files~NEWDOT~1.DLL' So my question is this....could that crashing dll be the source of the problem?  sounds like that nasty Newdot.net stuff or whatever it was I got from iMesh years ago....only p2p program I see on his PC is LimeWire(something I have used before with no problems) so Im kind of stumped....so someone please help! [geek]

Welp I got it fixed after running Spybot S&D on the PC...lol...I remember before I knew all about spyware n stuff, eventhough I still needed help for this  :uglystupid2:, the one time I got the newdot.net shit....I resorted to formattin my PC...lol... :oops::twisted:

Welp I got it fixed after running Spybot S&D on the PC...lol...I remember before I knew all about spyware n stuff, eventhough I still needed help for this  :uglystupid2:, the one time I got the newdot.net shit....I resorted to formattin my PC...lol... :oops::twisted:

:thumbsup: Guess we have all been there at some stage  :lol:

Yeah, Spybot S&D is a usefull tool , thanks for posting the outcome ,

This is a bug in sp2 on your windows xp you need a simple patch

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=17d997d2-5034-4bbb-b74d-ad8430a1f7c8&DisplayLang=en

this is more comon in laptops or wi fi unusual if its a desktop hardwired in

So welcome to the forum  :welcome:  and already trying to help out.

Well I guess I just beat the greeter (spammer tommie)  :grin: