FTTH or FTTC

FiberOptic

Does anyone know when of when BT may lay FTTC or even FTTH, (Fibre to the cabinet) (fibre to the home)?

As I would love to see an increase in upload, My downstream is brilliant!

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 850 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 104 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/02/19 - 10:32am

Bottom Line:: 15X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 9.85 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 28.817 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 202.49 % faster than the average for host (sky.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-AB46ZQVF1

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; FDM; InfoPath.2) [!]

I dont think it is, As BT is investing in ADSL2+ to everyone atm its only available via LLU!

BT's New 21Century Network is all IPBased, And they want everyone to be able to get ADSL2+, However thats daft!

Like on ADSLMax people like Roco are struggling to get a stable ~3mb, And they are expecting to in other words waste money on ADSL2+ rollout when the only people who will benefit are those living on the exchange lol

But maybe if alot of people drum up to offcom and complain.. Surely thats a nod to BT to tell them, FTTH is the way forward!

But I dont see what they see in ADSL2+, In a few months Americas ADSL2+ will be taken over by VDSL and so will all the other EU countries? And we will still be behind!

:evil6::haha:  :idiot2:

• 9 months later...