dlewis23

Sending Email Stops Server

Does anyone know why when i try to send 14,000 plus emails (no not spam, emails to the  users of my site) at once my server just completely craps out? The cpu or memory usage does not go up it stays where it is. When i click send the page will just sit there for about 20 seconds then gives me a internal server error and i have to reboot the box for it to start working again.

Does anyone know why when i try to send 14,000 plus emails (no not spam, emails to the  users of my site) at once my server just completely craps out? The cpu or memory usage does not go up it stays where it is. When i click send the page will just sit there for about 20 seconds then gives me a internal server error and i have to reboot the box for it to start working again.

I don't know a thing about it but off hand I would say too many at once. Cut it down send half at a time, if that doesn't work try a third and so on.

You're probably overloading something.. the cgi engine maybe?

I don't use any CGI, and i was watching "top" while i did it and no load averages changed.

I don't know a thing about it but off hand I would say too many at once. Cut it down send half at a time, if that doesn't work try a third and so on.

i tried that, i went as far as wring a script that would send it in chucks of 3000 emails at a time and it still did it.