Computer Upgrade

Storm311

I only paid $365 for my computer from Newegg

Aspire Case w/ temperature display 420W Power Supply

Biostar AMD AM2 GeForce 6100 Motherboard

2.0Ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ processor

1  512MB Memory Stick of OCZ S.O.E  PC2- 6400 (DDR2 800) 

160GB Samsung 3Gb/s SATA Hard Drive

16X  Lite-On  Double Layer Multi-format DVD Burner  w/ Lightscribe

What I like about those companies like  Newegg and Tiger Direct        THE WARRANTY IS WITH EVERY PRODUCT    especially  Memory is Lifetime  Hard Drive is 5 years  and Processor is 3 years.

I love tiger and newegg, i buy everything from them.  Forgot to mention i got a 550W power supply with 32A on the +12 volt rail.

This will last me a while, and i may even SLI my card  [nerd]

what power supply would that be? mine is a 500 watt and it only has 20A on the 12+ volt rail.  :smile2:

btw very nice setup.

Freakin awesome!.......The only thing I would have done differently , would have been to get a matched pair of mem sticks, so they play nicer together, in dual channel during high demands  :wink:  Nice ass heat sink  :icon_thumright: And for the PS, a dual 12v rail , in case you add another GPU at some time .

what power supply would that be? mine is a 500 watt and it only has 20A on the 12+ volt rail.  :smile2:

btw very nice setup.

Its a PowerUp supply from tigerdirect, was only 40 bucks

Freakin awesome!.......The only thing I would have done differently , would have been to get a matched pair of mem sticks, so they play nicer together, in dual channel during high demands  :wink:  Nice ass heat sink  :icon_thumright: And for the PS, a dual 12v rail , in case you add another GPU at some time .

Yeah I'll upgrade teh PS if it comes to that, but as it sits it'll run most games that we have on the market these days :thumbsup:

My dad has an old laptop that runs windows 3.1

Officially, it has color, but the lcd is so bad that i'd consider it black and white myself. I think its around 20 Mhz too. I'l try to install vista on it just for fun. Oh wait, I have to check if it has a cd drive first  :haha:

LOL my dad has a desktop with 3.1 - he tried upgrading to 95 and it wouldn't even handle it..he had to upgrade everything and BUY a cd drive  :2funny: