DW6000 What Satellite am I conected to?

cawski

In reading different posts to the forum I often see references to the satellite that folks

are connected to . How do you find that information on a DW6000 ? Is there any  one particular  satellite that provides better download/upload speeds? By the way I live in Mt. Airy, Md  about 20 miles from Hughes HDQT's in Germantown, Md. I have had a

DW4000 and was always satisfied. Upgraded to DW6000 for ease in sharing Internet over home network but Speeds both up and down are much, much lower. As everyone says DW Tech Support is a Joke but good information on this forum.

Thanks

Could you post an upload and download speed here? I'm in western MD also pointed at the Horizons1 bird. Seems an average download for a [glow=red,2,300]DW6000[/glow] is around 1Mbps and uploads average about 45.....commercial 6000 speeds will be higher. My downloads are very close to the 1Mbps  24/7.... uploads and web browsing speeds differ as the wind, which is . :bs: Hopefully they will increase in the near future?