How can I tell which Sat I'm on. Hughes Net sucks BTW.

Buckeyes69

I don't have a 7000....but in your sat control panel...under system info...looks like this..

Satellite

Transmit Path: Satellite

Outroute: Primary

Longitude: 117 West

Receive Frequency: 1230 MHz

Receive Symbol Rate: 30 Msps

Receive Polarization: Vertical

Transmit Polarization: Horizontal

22KHz Tone: Off

Longitude: 117 West

is the sat id      [nerdly]

It's IA-8, correct, and all the birds are good or they wouldn't have spent the money to put them up.

Have you checked you signal and ACP numbers. This could tell if your dish is not zeroed in the first check for your problem.The 2 areas you need to look fro this are; http://192.168.0.1/  and http://192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html (this area has the ACP but if you have rebooted your modem in the past 3 days it will be 0)

Sometimes they have problems though. HughesNet isn't the quickest at fixing them either.

As compared to what other satellite provider? As I remember Hughes has been leasing satellites. I'm curious as to which one is the fastest at fixing and to what type of problem, hardware or software.  :undecided:

We can help you as long as you provide us with the information we need.  However, you might end up having to call Hughes if you need a transponder change.  It's a pain in the ass, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Transponder change, I have a HN7000S .  Advance support will not change my transponder or Freq. and have closed my case. Was told that these download speeds are good during peak hours. Also told me Hughes launched a new Bird 90 days ago and speed will get better. I am on the Pro Plan. Anyone have Hughes corporate office phone? If anyone has any suggestions please post.

dw  up

February 25th, 06:58PM - 239/86 Kbps

February 25th, 04:52PM - 182/69 Kbps

February 25th, 04:49PM - 196/64 Kbps

February 25th, 04:45PM - 106/42 Kbps

February 25th, 03:43PM - 49/43 Kbps

February 25th, 03:41PM - 102/76 Kbps

February 25th, 03:37PM - 169/114 Kbps

As compared to what other satellite provider? As I remember Hughes has been leasing satellites. I'm curious as to which one is the fastest at fixing and to what type of problem, hardware or software.  :undecided:

Where did I compare them to another satellite provider? Why do I need to compare them to another provider? This is about HughesNet and their inability to solve problems, not Wildblue's problems.

Hughes is leasing satellites, but that doesn't mean they don't have control at all over them....

Only on rare occasions does a Satellite actually mess up.  Usually, it's the gateway equipment at the NOC that messes up or has errors.  Those types of things don't take too long to fix.  The problem is you'll have some of those lowly tech support folks there that will just say "yes we have a problem on that satellite and engineering is working on it".  If you don't want to hear that as an excuse, then don't ask them if there is a problem with the satellite. 

As far as control is concerned, I don't think Hughes has much control at all over the actual satellites, other than them being able to call and scream at the company that owns them to fix it.  They don't lease the whole bird either, just a number of transponders on the bird.

Also, they usually put a recorded message on the tech support line if there is a real problem on one of the satellites.

Check this page out http://www.n2yo.com/ it will tell you where the birds are at any given time. Man I did know there was so much junk up there...  :shocked:

The birds were using for Sat Internet do not orbit the earth, they are in rotation at the same speed as the earth in a precise path. Each is at there their own particular location noted in degrees.  :smiley:

The birds were using for Sat Internet do not orbit the earth, they are in rotation at the same speed as the earth in a precise path. Each is at there their own particular location noted in degrees.  :smiley:

No grandpa, mine is hanging out over china when it gets messed up.  :smiley:

No grandpa, mine is hanging out over china when it gets messed up.  :smiley:

I'm really sorry about that tommie, but we are talkin' bout S-a-t-e-l-l-i-t-e-s, so no matter where yours is hanging out  these are up in the sky on Clarke's belt and not under.  :2funny: