How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Okay, here's the tutorial how to tweak your Smart BRO(KEN):

First things first. I will not be responsible for any damages or loss that you may have when following my guide. If your canopy gets broken, call customer support and have it replaced[(make sure you do not tell them anything about the canopy tweaking then they would've refused your replacement request).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERVIEW:

1. Access the Canopy Configuration Page

2. Using registry tweak programs such as CableNut, TCP Optimizer, and cFosSpeed

3. Troubleshooting: Canopy Page Lockout: Fabricating and Using the Default Plug

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order for you to tweak your connection, you must be able to access your canopy through html.

Accessing the Canopy page

1. Go to Control Panel, select Network Connections, find your Smart Broadband connection (LAN or High-speed internet) and right click on it.

2. Click Properties, on the General tab, find the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and highlight it(usually at the bottom of the list). Click Properties.

3. Under the General tab, select Use the following IP address and enter the following data in their respective properties:

IP address: 169.254.3.3

Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

Then click OK.

4. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera) and input this address on the address bar: 169.254.1.1

If you cannot access your canopy software after following these steps, then your  canopy MS is probably blocked.

I forgot: After tweaking your canopy settings,

1. Go to Control Panel, select Network Connections, find your Smart Broadband connection (LAN or High-speed internet) and right click on it.

2. Click Properties, on the General tab, find the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and highlight it(usually at the bottom of the list). Click Properties.

3. Under the General tab, select obtain an IP address automatrically  and click OK.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess I won't need to do this tweakings for now. You can say that I'm one of the lucky few who rarely experience SmartBRO's kapalpakan. Currently accessing my canopy and so far, my RSSI is 1118, Power Level is -51 and Jitter is 1. My connection the whole day stays at 512kbps and could download almost 3GB worth of data in just 20 hours. Too bad that SmartBRO could not give this same services to all of their subscribers.

Hi!

After several hours of surfing the net with a bad connection i finally got you guys who are having the same problem. Man this smart bro really suck! i really wish that we have another high speed ISP here in our location (montalban, rizal)

I subscribed to this service coz one of my friends told me that smart bro is quite ok compared to dial up, considering that their house is just 7 blocks away from me i subscribed to this freakin connection.

here's my speed test

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 70 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 9 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/04/18 - 5:54am

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 113.78 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 350.984 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 22.88 % of your hosts average (243.78)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0N8ZDQG6K

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.11) Gecko/20070312 Firefox/1.5.0.11 [!]

i really need some help on this dudes. i already tried the steps in tweaking the canopy but it seems that im already blocked. i cant pull up the page. i also tried adjusting the settings in gpedit.msc (got it from another website)

start > run > gpedit.msc

Hello!!! did you experience this only now? it could be that your base station is undergoing an upgrade. that thing happened to me too (i only got 30Kbps, imagine that!) but when the speed got fixed, i tried a test and, well... just take a look at the speed i posted ^_^

when they installed it yesterday im getting around 10kbps when im downloading but now im geting 5kbps. how do they upgrade the base stations? and what is a base station anyway? sorry im a newbie with this kind of connection.. hehehe