How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

hi, sorry i have been away for days, anyways with your prob, i think its with smartbro that users must let their TC/IP settings for the internet protocol set to auto. try to switch it back to auto and don't use manual ip. try that one out.

Hello guys..can someone help me. I've already tweaked my SmartBro. But I think nothing happened. I followed that 500,500,1500,1500,enabled...something but nothing changed. It's still slow. Help me pls. I've been suffering from this slow connection for 4 months now, Please help

hi, sorry i have been away for days, anyways with your prob, i think its with smartbro that users must let their TC/IP settings for the internet protocol set to auto. try to switch it back to auto and don't use manual ip. try that one out.

I told you before It doesn't work too.. I think the only solution is to call tech support to go here for maintenance

Hello guys..can someone help me. I've already tweaked my SmartBro. But I think nothing happened. I followed that 500,500,1500,1500,enabled...something but nothing changed. It's still slow. Help me pls. I've been suffering from this slow connection for 4 months now, Please help

Well good for you If you access your canopy.. I think the solution too to ur problem is to call tech support to go to your house

cant change ip, even so you will just be redirected to smart portal. limited connectivity with that option and you can only see that portal in your screen unless you'll revert to auto ip detection. tried that and its painstakinly not worth it.

@kimeas at your quality of service (QoS) you can try enabling the values below 100, 100, 100, 100. those 4 fields there and see if it works. also do houscleaning with your pc. remove spywares, run antivirus. if all else fails you can do what chinitaneth says, call tech support and complain.

hey guys after calling customer svc so many times I think a million times our base station I guess was upgraded before having a connection 100kbps below now I think I dont need to tweak my canopy because my connection was boost anyways thanks to all who helped me  :angel:

share-PJ0DBKO8R

lol speed drops down here 300 kbps. and thats way too annoying, our base station hasn't upgraded yet as far as i know. in the meantime i am having problems with my speed after i installed a fresh xp. did the tweak and all, maybe it takes days to fully maximize the connection. my connection stalls, it goes up and boom it drops way too fast.

so by the way what did the tech guys do when they went there? changed the canopy or just settings?

Yeah I guess the problem is our base station. At first it was oh so fast..but as time goes by..

it gradually went slow. I've already called the Technical Support Team.. I have called them for 5 times so far..maybe I have to called 100 more times for them to fix our problem. :tickedoff:

Hmmm...I envy you guys...having fast internet connections.. :undecided::cry:

Tnx for the help by the way..

Damn SmartBro..unreliable..substandard....

I think the name should be SmartBroken instead of SmartBro..

Advertising SmartBro is x7 faster than dial-up..but it is not...

SmartBro is x7 "SLOWER" than dial-up.. :angry: :angry:

guess its with the tech guys sometimes that they forgot that it doesn't mean when they put up that canopy's for subscriber that its all plug and play. they forgot to re orient the how to's to maximize the connection. 384kps and you actually don't get what you pay for. smartbroken needs a fix.

Help guys!!

My connection is good for about 3 minutes. After that, NO DATA UPLOAD OR DOWNLOAD. Wait for 3 to 5 minutes good connection. Failed Good Failed Good Failed. . . . . . . This is almost 4 weeks status... Page cannot be displayed.

Ive try to call SMART BROKEN customer support hotline, even their troubleshooting is useless.

Yeah I guess the problem is our base station. At first it was oh so fast..but as time goes by..

it gradually went slow. I've already called the Technical Support Team.. I have called them for 5 times so far..maybe I have to called 100 more times for them to fix our problem. :tickedoff:

Hmmm...I envy you guys...having fast internet connections.. :undecided::cry:

Tnx for the help by the way..

Damn SmartBro..unreliable..substandard....

I think the name should be SmartBroken instead of SmartBro..

Advertising SmartBro is x7 faster than dial-up..but it is not...

SmartBro is x7 "SLOWER" than dial-up.. :angry: :angry:

Well I can give u advice so cs will forward u to tech team and visit your home:

If u have an anti virus with personal fire wall try to enable it and set it to the highest protection. Mine was PC cillin 2007. Enabling it will cause pinging any ip ad will result to request timeout and 100% lost.

When they ask u to do basic troubleshooting just like replugging the adaptor and deleting cookies, etc. do it. Then when they try to ask u to ping ip's to cmd as I typed before it will result to 100% lost and tell them that.

When they ask u to try to open a browser(IE/Mozilla) report them that the page cannot be displayed even if you can browse or connect to internet.

one thing if they ask u whats the status of your LAN just tell them the truth that ur connected.

after that when they ask u to type in ur browser portal.smartbro.net you can do what they said and tell them a lie that u cannot go to portal or don't type what they have said instead type www.portal.smartbro.net so that it will result too page cannot be displayed( If u like u can just do the fist thing I said)

Note: tell them first that u have no connection for 1 week and above straight.

After what I've said to you and telling this to them I'm sure 80% they will make u a report and give you a report number in case they will not call u back for 24 hours because they will tell you that they will call you after 24 hours.

If telling this in case if they said to just monitor it just say the same things once a day but I'm sure after telling this they will make u a report.

I hope it will help you. That's how to tweak your customer service representative  :haha:

share-9NC4UV6YX

Hello guys!

just like to ask question if the cfosspeed really boost the speed of smartbro??

did you have a cfosspeed install in your system?

how about the upload speed?? because this is my test result

share-NWL3GD159&dual=yes&q2=WRL6YEU4Z

u can see that the upload speed is very slow.. hope for your reply

jolykahn i tried using cfospeed. it helps though bursting up speed. i tried it for a month and have no problems with it. till i realized that its still best to maximize your speed without running and application to optimize your mtu for speed. i reverted back using cablenuts instead. anyways just giving you a thought bout it.

tnx gourame, i already uninstall my cfosspeed and this is my speed..

share-VSK6AONQH&dual=yes&q2=YA40ON1C6

my upload speed is way different than before.. maybe its because of the cfosspeed..

i try the cablenut but my speed have not reach to your speed.. is cablenut the only program you use? is your base station upgraded?? you can see it to your view transaction history in the http://portal.smartbro.net/index.php.. if your package is SMBRO, it is still 384kbps. but if it change to WR512, it is upgraded..

your speeds seems to be pretty decent than mine compared to my old speed when i haven't found this forum. i suggest you try a different setting that might suit you best. at the moment im using van burens cablenut setting that ca3ble used, didn't have problem after that. you can see the settings here.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/t-1013

and by the way im not upgraded yet. im still on smartbros 384kps caps. hope it will help you.

i already seen that forum.. but i dont know what setting i must use.. i try some of the setting including the setting you also used but my speed have not reach even 300kbps.. i also do the canopy tweak.. but my speed is always below 300kbps.. :cry:

do your speed always constant everyday? because there were times that my speed is just like a dial-up..

use the meridiantelekoms recommended dns servers. most people ignores this feature and they set it to auto instead. you can check you dns servers by doin START> RUN> command then type ipconfig /all and see the add for the DNS. take 2 adds and add it on your LAN properties TCIP properties tab, under use dns server input that add and reboot. give it a try.

i did the canopy tweaking guide... here's my test result

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 365 Kbps about 0.37 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 45 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 225 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 27 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/14 - 3:04pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IF4MDGRK2

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-34S8NCUB7

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 [!]

i also used cablenut and TCP optimizer and still it didn't exceed the 384kbps cap...

here's what i did:

1. Copied gourame's canopy settings

2. Used WinXP_2K_CABLE_DSLMSS1460Cable & DSL 5000 768.ccs for cablenut

3. Clicked TCP Optimizer's "Optimal" option

am i missing something here?

TIA

i suggest you just stick with cablenut or tcp and not both at the same time. some problems are not tweaks but with other applications running in the background,firewall and anti virus apps that restricts your bandwidth. above all spywares and malwares. do some house cleaning first check for viruses, trojans, spywares. give that a try and it will improve your speeds. as a thought i only have avast for anti virus, xp firewall set to ON, ccleaner for cleanup and regcure. try that first for now. your speeds are optimal already. .

Hello,

I have been experiencing intermittent connection and slow download rate and a very high upload rate before. ( dwnload = 120 kbps / upload = 350 kbps)

This is my tip: The best thing you can do to improve your download rate is to keep on complaining this to CSR thru email. Attach a snapshot of your bandwidth test. Don't stop bugging them to correct your problem until they will send you a field technician for checking. Once the technician diagnosed that it's not on your antenna has problem, you must email right away to the CSR informed them that you've been visited by their field technician. Demand to them that you want an immediate improvement of your bandwidth as soon as possible.

Look at my Speedtest now it's much higher than before.  :grin:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 494 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 60 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/14 - 7:38pm

Bottom Line:: 9X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 17.07 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 49.625 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 51.07 % faster than the average for host (180.178)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-U0XCE1DKO

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; MEGAUPLOAD 2.0) [!]

:grin:

I would like to add something. The problem is not really on your antenna or your PC, the problem is on the BANDWIDTH from the smartbro basestation which is controlled by them. So no matter how you tweak your PC or antenna if the bandwidth is quite small, you can't significantly increase your upload or download rate. Bandwidth is directly proportional to Line Speed...