How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Dang Jun101ph!! - your one of the so called  "pinagpala" Nyehehehe!  :grin:

I wish smartbro gives everyone that kinda speed. then maybe they'll get more customers and have more loyal subscribers too.

I cant post my speed right now. I'm in the middle of downloading a batch of torrents. and I cant pause them since it only has 2 seeders, I may lost them both if i stop these.

but im getting a download link of 41kb/s and upload of 35kb/s if I add all in all  :smiley:

Since I still got a steady stream of above average connection and speed

I'm happy and satisfied with that.

123.jpg

Elow guys..

check my speed :(

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 38 Kbps about 0.04 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 5 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 90 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/19 - 3:18am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4UIQV6TLR

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IADCL13BE

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.12) Gecko/20070508 Firefox/1.5.0.12 [!]

Need help badly. its already 23 days since we [smart bro subscriber is this area] experiece this connection :(

yeah! most probably Gourame is correct.

Smartbro, just automatically do something on their basestations without notifying their affected subscribers first.

they should have a network status page on their website.

that should be very helpfull, if not lessening a lot of angry calls on their hotline.

id like to add if your browsing speed is good but the pages and sites takes too long to load you might try to use an open dns. kinda free and its fast compared to the default meridiantelekoms servers we usually have by default. better p2p in my case.

yeah! @jun101ph - I'm hoping that this continues.

well there's always another color code if ever that there's a problem again  :grin: :grin:

I'm really Glad I asked you guys. your more of a technical support than most of the agents on smartbro combined.  :azn:

most probably, If talked about the configuration of the canopy, they dont know jack what im talking about. Hehehehe.

"Ma Try nga minsan"

hi guys again!

can i ask how is RSSI affect the speed of smart bro? hehe dumb question..

my RSSI is ranging now to 1200 - 1300.. is this good? also i have read some forum about the tcp optimizer, if im not mistaken it says that it takes 2-3 days before it fully optimize your speed..

@drizzt1911

ur location is cainta, rizal right? my location is taytay, rizal.. we have the same problem i think.. i dont have a constant speed..

browsing and page loading doesn't have a problem, in fact I think that its also loads quite better now, than before.

p2p doesn't have any problems also, I'm using lime wire and it's all good.  :grin:

I'm a bandwidth vampire. and this time,  I'm back for revenge.........

@jolykhan - well it seems that my problem has been somewhat solved as of the moment.

Your RSSI is great! If I could recall, the higher the RSSI and the lower the JITTER the better,. now the only factor remaining is, if your base station is having some "technical actions" or not.

Try to read back the past forum posts.

and try them all.

I'm currently using the cablenut settings from gourame, and it works like a charm!..

haven't used the tcpoptimiser yet. since i don't want to pause my torrent. and jun101ph said that its also helpful, so might as well try it, might be the one your looking for to boost up your speed.  :grin:

Oh! and by the way. If you heard about the stinger. might as well copy the schematics and the pix that has been posted. you'll need that Ad I do also too.  :grin:

I have found someone from our local hardware store here who can help in fabricating the homemade stinger, but it will cost me at least 300 to 400 pesos. ( I'll try to haggle ) once I got it slapped on top of my canopy, I'll take a picture and post it here! hehehehe.  :grin: :grin:

hmmmm please post your RSSI result as soon as you have the Stinger on your antenna. :wink:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 498 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 61 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/19 - 9:36am

Bottom Line:: 9X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 16.79 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 9.531 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 16.9 % faster than the average for host (180.178)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-AW3FOPSMK

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 [!]

wtf!!...

My friend just called customer care because he has been having some problems too.. and u know what?... Damn it, Those TSRs don't know even how to configure and access a canopy... Now my friend was the one that taught them how... tsk..tsk..

i feel like telling u guyz cause I'm telling that TSR is very unreliable UNLESS they send u a field technician... Im suggesting u read this whole thread.. Its a much better help....

You got that good results already and you still want to re-orient your canopy?

Dang! Nyehehehe  :grin:

Yeah, Those smartbro TSR's don't know jack about their support, I really pity them, their trainer gets a good salary wage to teach them. But unfortunately its the opposite.

@grift3r

Download speed is normally higher than upload speed since most of the us subscribers or in general internet users are more on collecting informations from internet (downloading files) rather than sending files. That's is called Asymmetric DSL.

If both Uploading and downloading speed are equal we refer to Symmetric DSL, which are quite expensive than ADSL.

guys,

can u please help me.

i cant access my canopy page using 169.254.1.1

is there any other methods i can do in order for me to

view the canopy page?

i badly needed this page cause my average speed is only

20-30 kbps.

if i will not be able to resolve this maybe i'll soon change my isp.

i still have 3 months remaining in my lock in period.

i envy you guys for having that speeds.

i cant even play ran online because of my speed.

grrrrrrrr. :tickedoff:

thank u guys in advance

@rheb

actually nakalock yung sim mo. if u want to access your canopy platform (which is prohibited by smartbro)

you need to have the MAC address of your antenna.

Saan mo yun makita? you have to access the antenna physically. nakadikit doon sa sticker yung MAC address. then get the last 3 numbers.

example yung mac address the antenna mo is

00:0a:3e:08:fe  , then get the last 3 hex numbers

00:0a:00:3e:08:fe  <=== only the bold hex number,

convert each hex numbers into decimal:

ex.  3e  ==> 62

08  ==> 8

fe  ==> 254

reverse the sequence,

then    10.254.8.62 <== ito ang ip address the canopy mo.

to access canopy platform,

simply replace 62 by 1,

used the following ip address: 10.254.8.1

submask: 255.0.0.0

then type http://10.254.8.62 to access the canopy platform.