How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

don't mix up with cablenut and tcpoptimizer at the same time. if you want to try though use cablenut or tcpoptimer one at a time, thats tweaking, anyways you may stumble high and lows till you get a better setting.

here's my test on the line speed meter. its better than the test here in testmynet

Number of tests 2 2

Download speed 308.12 KBits/sec

38.51 KBytes/sec 308.12 KBits/sec

38.51 KBytes/sec

Upload speed 270.96 KBits/sec

33.87 KBytes/sec 270.96 KBits/sec

33.87 KBytes/sec

DNS Speed 0.00 mSec 0.00 mSec

Latency 364.00 mSec 364.00 mSec

well yeah thats true. after i downloaded the file you gave me. i actually reverted all the settings back to windows default then rebooted. after that i applied the settings you gave and rebooted again, now i came up with that speed. tnx btw it improved a bit lol. maybe the prob here is my base station.

here's my test on the line speed meter. its better than the test here in testmynet

Number of tests 2 2

Download speed 308.12 KBits/sec

38.51 KBytes/sec 308.12 KBits/sec

38.51 KBytes/sec

Upload speed 270.96 KBits/sec

33.87 KBytes/sec 270.96 KBits/sec

33.87 KBytes/sec

DNS Speed 0.00 mSec 0.00 mSec

Latency 364.00 mSec 364.00 mSec

Try the cablenut settings posted by gourame on page 6 of this forum.. the 2nd one (ar0nic)..

It worked for me..

BTW, I'm both running TCP optimizer (ran in optimal settings) and cablenut. I first tweaked TCP, restarted, then tweaked Cablenut, restarted.

My latest:

share-BW7AKIXYD&dual=yes&q2=D1HIUAXSM

Seems i cant get past the 450+ mark.. :azn:

I guess there's a problem with the based station where my antenna homed, this hours.My download speed test are slower than 300 kbps, damn it.  :angry:

::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 249 Kbps about 0.25 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 446 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 54 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/20 - 5:16am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I36GBLAUD

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZKSRO4J36

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 [!]

nothing happens lol. im ok with my speed. my latest is 327kbps. thanks guys for the info's and for the help.  :smitten:

i kno the prob here is on the base station. cuz the past months i am having a capped speed of 390kbps-400kpbs and now its under 350kbps. but my limewire sometimes downloads on the speed of 50kb/s so thats it lol :smitten:

here are the tweaks i did so far.

changed my QoS canopy settings based on the guide elijahpaul posted before.

i just recently used the cablenut settings gourame gave me.

used tcp/ip optimizer.

my base station is only 500meters from my house

here's the analyzer results:

Im still keeping good streaming even tho its raining yesterday evening.

This color code rocks!

Damn Installers! why they didn't give me this color code before.  :angry: :angry:

I hope there wont be any problems with my base station.

Coz im in p2p nirvana right now.  :evil: :evil:

hello everyone, good day to all!

i am just wondering if there is a way to make my internet speed faster using the tweaking thing all of you here are talking about which undoubtedly is very much foreign and unknown to me...well as of today, i am having a good time with smart bro ever since it was installed. no fluctuations, good and stable speed but then, upon reading all your post here, i guess, i am lossing priviledges i could have been enjoying from then on...my speed ever since was 44 kb/s or 350kbps i think. if it will be changed, i think it will not be lower than 42 nor higher than 45.

i am a voracious downloader...that is why a slight increase would definitely be appreciated...

as a start, i already downloaded the cablenut and tcp optimizer. the only thing is, i am too dumb to make them function...lol

pls help...thanks in advanced!

@tagasipol I know what you mean!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm also a bandwidth vampire and every ounce of speed is definitely needed.

I you can check this thread and read from the first post up to this page. you'll see the settings we all used for the cablenut, ( that's what im using right now )

well in fact you already have a good connection,  most probably, you dont need to tweak your canopy to get good results,

Try the cablenut settings posted by gourame on page 6 of this forum.. the 2nd one (ar0nic).. <-- as said by grift3r74 , that should give you a head start on things.  :grin: :grin:  Hope you can join on the 400kbps gang.  :grin: :grin:

hehehe...i read quite a bit already and have tried doing stuffs early this morning...but then, nothing seems to work...haaaay, i guess i would never make it to the elite society...hehehe

by the way, i am under a wifi router since i am both working in a desktop and laptop. is the router at any way possible the mean of me not getting any improvement with this tweaking things? because after having booted and all, nothing seems to improve and while the pc is booting, the router is just free firing signals as usual...well, im just wondering...

at any rate, i think, it is better to stick with this quite slower connection at the moment

by the way, are you also having a connection greater than 400? :cry:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

@tagasipol just make sure though you've clean your pc for viruses,spyware, malware. if your router is on wireless maybe one of your pc is actively eating some bandwidth while taking the test. to get a good result install both cablenut settings on your desktop and laptop. you might wanna check if somebody's leeching over your wireless radius. give it a try. :knuppel2:

Well somebody's leeching is one factor.. unless you have an encrypted password before you can login onto the connection. But here in the phil.??

I highly doubt it. unless you live in an area which has users using laptops as their computer,  <-- and if that happens, I really doubt it. If they have the money to have laptops then they do have money to get connected. Nyehehehe. :grin: :grin: