How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

well yeah i am near the base station but the connection is very poor.. maybe i'll go check it up if they upgraded their servers. hehe.. here's my recent connection speed:

Download Speed: 142.9Kbps

Upload Speed: 327.7Kbps

get get awwts!!

Did you guys used to have a high id on eMule? tcp and udp ports of my emule are blocked. and i tried port forwarding on the canopy page but it doesnt work anyone who knows how to solve this?

maybe drizzt1911 know how to because he is a p2p boy  :grin: :grin:

limewire is good but it has limited shared files. on emule you can find anything from music to full movies and rocking games. eMule is slow for us smart bro users because we cant obtain a high id. im sure after the ports are unblocked we'll gain advantage and can download up to 60KB/s. coz 128Adsl users can get that speed though they only have 128Kbps connection speed..based on my experiments, we must first need to obtain an static ip but when i did that. i cant access other pages and my browser redirects me to smart portal.

don't know yet how to configure that one. motorola canopy isn't just that basic flatform for smartbro. in other countries they have different uses for it, ex, radio rf relayer, but one thing i know there are add ons for it if im not mistaken.

Yup..

I tried lots of things too on my emule like testing ports and stuff but it wont work and still have low IDs.. Same for other torrent and P2P clients.. I hope P2P master drizz1911 logs on soon so he can solve our problems!!! :undecided:

Ngvak! im not a master, Just a vampire.  :evil::grin:

I'm not really sure about Emule. I dont have problems with it actually.

Just connect and download. For high ID's its gonna be static IP's deffinitely.

and to obtain that, you'll have to be a corporate account first.

Punk Ass smartbro asswipes. Heheheheh. I have tried it before and also got the same results.

They dont provide static IP's to home subscribers.

im using limewire also, very seldom lang yung sa emul, kapag nintedoDS roms lang ang DL ko hehehehe. :evil: (madami kasi dun eh).

anyweyz, sorry for not being able to help out. and again, Im no master, you guys are more cooler than I am.  :azn: :azn:

you can set your IP to static but i don't think theres more to it. port forwarding doesn't work at the moment, with the canopy still untapped of its full capabilities where gonna wait for now who's gonna burn a canopy just to try though. anyways i used static for 3 days. didn't touch my speed in a sense when i was hoping some good yields in speed or stability in line.  :tickedoff:

oh and by the way. I have tried the tcp optimizer yesterday. I think it messed up my connection  :cry: :cry:

It goes low beyond crappiness. At first I thought its just the rain, since it's raining here yesterday evening, but heck! after I restart my PC. and checked my speed.

the DL speed is below 100kbps.!!!!!  :tickedoff:

Im really regretting using tcpoptimizer, no offence intended  for those who use it, and it works for you guys. Im happy for you! but it seems that it doesnt work for my PC. :cry: :cry:

even when I tried to revert the settings on cablenut. It does not help. Im wishing its not on my PC but on the base station. or the Rain.

I dont want to think that I messed up speed in hoping to get more speed.

(im already hating my greedy self)  :cry: :cry: :cry: 

oh and by the way. I have tried the tcp optimizer yesterday. I think it messed up my connection  :cry: :cry:

It goes low beyond crappiness. At first I thought its just the rain, since it's raining here yesterday evening, but heck! after I restart my PC. and checked my speed.

the DL speed is below 100Kbps.!!!!!  :tickedoff:

Im really regretting using tcpoptimizer, no offence intended  for those who use it, and it works for you guys. Im happy for you! but it seems that it doesnt work for my PC. :cry: :cry:

even when I tried to revert the settings on cablenut. It does not help. Im wishing its not on my PC but on the base station. or the Rain.

I dont want to think that I messed up speed in hoping to get more speed.

(im already hating my greedy self)  :cry: :cry: :cry: 

Dude!!

Look at this lame speeds!

143655836.png

Maybe its not the TCP optimizer... Tagasipol and I are having the same problems since yesterday.

Dude!!

Look at this lame speeds!

143655836.png

Maybe its not the TCP optimizer... Tagasipol and I are having the same problems since yesterday.

well I highly doubt were on the same base station. and maybe its just a coincidence that your base station and  mine  here in Cainta,Rizal acted crappy at the same time.

but mines acted this way when I rebooted my PC because the tcp optimizer sez so. before that, im happily downloading at 42kb/s

but now, I left my pC open and its just DL at 10kb/s. and to think I just started downloading Deathnote Live action.  :cry: :cry:

this'll take at least days to finish at that current speed. SmartBro really knows how to suck. (deep and hard)  :angry: :angry: :angry:

gourame you said you used a static ip for 3 days. didnt your browser redirect you on smart bro portal? and how did you obtain it? i know some steps but it didnt worked. and i read a simple tweak on winxp sp2. they say that winxp limits our bandwidth connection by 20%. by the way. here's the site i hope this will help you alot for p2p and other tweakings : http://hardwaresecrets.com/page/lan

Myth - "Disabling QoS will free up the 20% bandwidth reserved by QoS."

Reality - "As in Windows 2000, programs can take advantage of QoS through the QoS APIs in Windows XP. 100% of the network bandwidth is available to be shared by all programs unless a program specifically requests priority bandwidth. This "reserved" bandwidth is still available to other programs unless the requesting program is sending data. By default, programs can reserve up to an aggregate bandwidth of 20% of the underlying link speed on each interface on an end computer. If the program that reserved the bandwidth is not sending sufficient data to use it, the unused part of the reserved bandwidth is available for other data flows on the same host." - Source