How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

share2-NE2OLV3MX

yes its true. i tried to use various cablenut configs and the speed varies. gourame's config may not work with your pc, but might work for others. my tip is, you can set the slider between 384 kbps up to 3000 kbps. when saving your config, rename it to settings 1, 2, 3 and so on. use each config setting, take note which one gave you the highest speed.  :wink2:  but if you're curious enough to see what will happen, then slide it to more than 3thou. "Most of the time, inventions are accidental", u know what i mean?

Im sorry, this setting adjustment is for TCP optimizer.

share2-NE2OLV3MX

yes its true. i tried to use various cablenut configs and the speed varies. gourame's config may not work with your pc, but might work for others. my tip is, you can set the slider between 384 Kbps up to 3000 Kbps. when saving your config, rename it to settings 1, 2, 3 and so on. use each config setting, take note which one gave you the highest speed.  :wink2:  but if you're curious enough to see what will happen, then slide it to more than 3thou. "Most of the time, inventions are accidental", u know what i mean?

This one's for CableNut  (print this):

1. Download Cablenut http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/CableNut.shtml

2. Install CableNut, restart PC after installation.

3. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/

4. Note your download, upload & latency values in Kbps.

5. Go to http://www.j79zlr.com/cablenutXP2k.php, don't forget to choose your connection carefully, then put your download, upload & latency values in the box provided.

6. Click "Compute Settings"

7. Then click "CCS File Download", save the setting to your desktop.

8. Open Command Prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns.

9. Clear your browsing history by going to internet explorer/tools/internet options/browsing history/delete/delete all

10. Go back to your saved CableNut setting on your desktop, double click, then save to registry, ok, done.

11. Restart PC

12. Your speed must be optimized now. Test your speed http://www.testmy.net/tools/test/d_load.php

i hope this helps.

that should do for those who have been trying to get cablenut to work right.  :icon_salut: i might wanna add a bit to that when getting your bandwidth set using j79's online cablenut set use 384kbps X7 it and round it up as your bandwith instead of 384kbps, smart gives burst speed and at best tweak at their x7 supposed maxed caps.  :cheesy:

Let me add a few more tips:

1) If you are able to access your canopy as admin, try to put in the corresponding boxes in the Quality of Service tab the values 448 in the upload and download boxes and 1024 for upburst and downburst max. I dunno the explanation but it worked.

2) In j79's online computing prog, try to put 480 for download, 384 for upload and 220 for latency.

There's no harm in trying.

That will be all for now. Happy tweaking!

theres a good way why its set to 448 and 1024,  thing is it doesn't run the canopy under full power which is good in terms of power saving and low stress performance for the canopy. i would like to commend for the outright process posted in brief which will greatly help those who wants to tweak specially those beginners at their first attempts at the canopy. an advice for the newbies: don't touch the other settings in the canopy unless you are sure about it cause no one will be responsible for your actions but yourself. guides are here, read and read and ASK.

1) If you are able to access your canopy as admin, try to put in the corresponding boxes in the Quality of Service tab the values 448 in the upload and download boxes and 1024 for upburst and downburst max. I dunno the explanation but it worked.

With my understanding, Upload burst and download burst  should be at maximum, to maximize canopy's performance.If you set sustained download burst speed to 448 and upload to 1024, you are making an unbalanced channel for both direction, you are making you smartbro as "inverted asymmetrical DSL " - upload is higher than download. 

And are you are limiting  the download channel to 448 kbps.  :wink: think again.

it worked for him that way 448,1024 values in canopy QOS. its far more better than the default which is way low. but its case to case maybe a good reason would be that he's not running it yet at the most of what it should be. he's speeds are great and i cant see more reasons but power saving on the canopy end. setting it above default values is ok, and maxing it is also ok as long as it is withing the range.