How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

thank you guys for the inputs.

anyways, let me clarify things. i used 448 both in the sustained downlink and uplink data rate; 1024 both in the downlink and uplink burst allocation, which means that "each set has equal values".

my setting worked for me and i just can't complain. i am thankful i passed the 600+ benchmark.  :grin2:

With my understanding, Upload burst and download burst  should be at maximum, to maximize canopy's performance.If you set sustained download burst speed to 448 and upload to 1024, you are making an unbalanced channel for both direction, you are making you smartbro as "inverted asymmetrical DSL " - upload is higher than download. 

And are you are limiting  the download channel to 448 Kbps.  :wink: think again.

as posted earlier, i have set 448 in the download channel and 448 also for the upload channel so its balanced right? further, you cannot set 1024 in the sustained uplink because it will always go back to the max value of 500.  :azn:

Welcome to the group of 400 club heheehe

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 414 Kbps about 0.41 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 51 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 369 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 45 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/07/11 - 9:55am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6FK00NS47

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-98ZBVY2LI

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 [!]

i hope umabot din ako ng 600+

it depends in the base station if they set it to more than 500 kbps allowable limit, i tried experimenting it by changing base stations aka color code and i was surprised to have 700 mark but with crappy jitter. now im achieving 451-452 max at  a stable color code. it doesn't matter to me if i reach 500+ as long as its stable and the line doesn't choke out itself.

my speed test after pirating gourame's overall configuration in his canopy (not only the QoS)

i was running pretty low before i copied his settings... with some magic, my speed went up again... lol! hehehehe  :cheesy:

although, gourame and i are still clueless on what happened.. haha...

share-8N0K2PCJG

haha...i still can't get it up to 400. i've been doing the css settings with the help of the TCP/IP analyzer and the css calculater. been jumping from one AP to the other. been cleaning my system with ccleaner. haha oh well, one of these days i'll join that 400 club. haha  :cheesy:

share-8ABZDVGF5&dual=yes&q2=2J0P4EG3D

@ gourame

Hey man, im having trouble with my connection... 2 months earlier, ive been getting a stable speed of 360+ KBPS(with elijahpaul's tweaks)... but now, my bandwidth is always fluctuating... It goes down to the wire man... i mean, down to 125 kbps...

I tried getting a speed test from 2wire.com and it shows that my speed is at consistent 350+ Kbps(averaged all the test)... But when i go to testmy.net, i only get 209-230 Kbps... What's happening?

Hope i can get some help!!  :smitten:

Hi there,  :smile2: I'm a new smart bro subscriber exectly 3 days now...yet my speed is tragic it's never up to 60 Kbps...I've tried some of the tweaking yet I think there's a problem on my canopy...It reloads every 3 seconds and I see different accounts (I guess, cause I don't know what they are)...It's weird is it really like that? Please help me.... :cry:

im having problems as of the moment, my leased time under ipconfig gives me just 7 days lease compared to before which is 37 years. anybody got this error before? my speeds are way low 19kbps, haha i hope it ain't site maintenance why this happened.  :knuppel2:

Please somebody help, my connection was so down. I only have 80kbps and im wondering whats happening... is there something wrong with the base station again? My cablenut is not working, the configurations and the settings, all the tweakings applied, but there are no changes since this morning. Please what should I do.

I was at 375++ kbps and now i only got 35-85kbps. Whats wrong?!?!?!

Please somebody help, my connection was so down. I only have 80Kbps and im wondering whats happening... is there something wrong with the base station again? My cablenut is not working, the configurations and the settings, all the tweakings applied, but there are no changes since this morning. Please what should I do.

I was at 375++ Kbps and now i only got 35-85Kbps. Whats wrong?!?!?!

You reached 300+ speeds before, right? If so, your low speeds may be because of basestation problems.. Only solution is to wait a day or 2 or ultimately, call for tech support (kulitin mo CSR)