How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

ok i thought it was like from zamboanga city, just this morning my speed dropped to 19 kbps. haha too bad. say if its was like 3 days already then you might wanna call tech support and tell them your predicaments. tweaks wont work on a down base station.

OMG... Guys esp. gourame, have you experienced a whole month of crap speeds? Me, I had.. until present.. omg.. it sucks... ive been experiencing fluctuating speeds and up to 11 jitter level... gosh... any advice of what should i do? (except from calling the CS... Im getting tired of it...)

:cheesy:

hey gourame! i had trouble with my net last night right? check this out

dlspeedoh9.jpg

i uninstalled avast and download nod32 again... maybe avast is the one screwing up my connection... :D i hate avast from now on...  :knuppel2:

i still can't figure out what's screwin' my canopy settings... darn it!!!  :idiot2:

I did talked to a technical support earlier, he told me there is a problem with the antenna alignment. I want to argue but he kept of insisting that the antenna is misaligned.  :idiot2: I will be again scheduled for field visit, whew! Smartbro-ken. :angry:

err it was reported avast tends to update silently after a failed update which eats up bandwidth, make sure though its properly updated and restarted as soon as it asks for a re boot. all appz have flaws.  :cry:

bump. my leased ip leased time is still 7 days and my speed goes wacko. cant see whats wrong with it, running 18kbps atm.

@jun101ph

I'm curious, how did you get to talk to a tech support? I've been trying to contact smart on their hotline but I'm always on hold. My connection has been down since day one. It's tragic. I want to cancel my account but no one from smart would talk to me, by the way is that possible? I think at least I deserbe a field visit once again.

err it was reported avast tends to update silently after a failed update which eats up bandwidth, make sure though its properly updated and restarted as soon as it asks for a re boot. all appz have flaws.  :cry:

oh... so that's why... i still hate it... :P

@jun101ph

I'm curious, how did you get to talk to a tech support? I've been trying to contact smart on their hotline but I'm always on hold. My connection has been down since day one. It's tragic. I want to cancel my account but no one from smart would talk to me, by the way is that possible? I think at least I deserbe a field visit once again.

have you checked your ip settings? everything should be obtained automatically

I am so disgusted by there tech support, they always insist that the base station is okay, even I have observed that for so many months now that It is very slow during 6 to 11 pm and will speed up during midnight / dawn.  :tickedoff: smartbro is really problematic.

Hey guys I have a question? Can Smartbro reach optimum speeds with just one DNS server functioning well? I've just dloaded Quickfix 2.0 and it seems the DNS servers have problems:

DNS A STATUS: 0% loss

DNS B STATUS: Unreachable

DNS C STATUS: 100% loss

Lately I'm having sluggish speeds.. never exceeding 250+. I understand if its raining hard, but now even if its clear skies, im still having net speed problems. :icon_pale:

Now with the rainy season starting, I'm starting to hate wireless broadband...  :twogun:

i think everyone has the same problem. SmartBro speed is intermittent nowadays, I just hope this is because of upgrading. I've spoken to a SmartBro executive during a conference in Central Bank and she said they are working on provincial base stations.

In Davao City, they're giving 512 Kbps to their subscribers for the same monthly fee of P999. She said this will be applied to provincial areas sooner, just didnt reveal the exact period.

Well, I always believe that after the storm there's a rainbow coming out. Be patient guys. Be optimistic.

@grift3r74

I have also the same experience you have in using the version 2 of Quick Fix.

Everytime i use it to diagnose my connection, there is always the result of only 1 dns functioning among the 3 dns.

Ideally, should the 3 dns be reached by our connection?

Thanks!

hello..it's my first time to post a reply here but i've already read some of your reply and did it still there's no change..

here's my speed..

154627988.png

tweaking the internet speed, is it enough to use the cablenut but not doin anything with the canopy coz it's blocked and i can't open it..i have already did some setting using the cablenut but the speed is still the same..380Kbps (average)..is there any effect to internet speed if there was a change in registry..i mean, like i forgot to backup it..??

honeslty, i don't know the terms your talking about here like jeter, DNS, what are those?? grrrr...and after setting the cablenut, will it work immidiately? i mean, ex. from 300kbps, to 1000kbps something (after setting the cablenut)???...

please help..thanks and more power replying..

@bossjerjer

Actually tweaks might be helpful if you do have a good internet connection already as to increase your speed beyond 384 kbp or your plan. The problem is with the current base station performance which always fluctuate, you can not see significant difference in using tweaking programs.

DNS - Domain Name Server -> translates a website address (ex. www.google.com ) to a numerical ip address (203.67.223.212) .

jitter - > canopy parameter -> can be thought as noise in the transmission system (values are from 0 to 15 , 0 as excellent). :wink: