How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

@coolbuster

I have just tweaked my settings yesterday with the TCPOptimizer and been asked by someone to wait 72 hrs for its effect to take place.

I just would like to ask if i still need to apply the patch you suggested in your link.

The patch, will it not create any conflict with the TCPOptimizer?

Thanks!

Yes. There will be NO conflict.

One more thing, I was suggesting a separate option in my recent post. Please take note that I have not mentioned the TCP Optimizer (scroll above).

This is because, in my own observation, CableNut functions well if there's the tcpip.sys patch as prerequisite. However, Im not saying that CableNut is better that TCP Optimizer. Its just that for a month now, the tcpip.sys patch & CableNut did well for me.

But of course you can try the options.

1) TCP Optimizer only.

2) tcpip.sys patch and Cablenut.

3) Use all.

It's your choice. Observe which formula gave you faster speed.

If the problem is the base station, email SmartBro customer service about your problem. They respond faster in email than in their tollfree line (where most often nobody answers the call).

@coolbuster

At this time, I am on TCTOptimizer just waiting for the 72 hrs so that I can tell whether it works or not.

But I always have on my mind what you have said about cablenut being better than TCPOptimizer. The reason I am on the latter now is that I have tried cablenut and it has not worked positively on my connection perhaps because of the absence of the patch you quoted.

After this tcpoptimizer, and if the reasult is also negative, i will go back to trying cablenut, this time, with a patch you suggested.

Thank you so much for being there to guide us.

More Power to you Coolbuster!

try out the posted sample cablenut css we attached for a headstart, read coolbusters guide, we are using the same cablenut me and coolbusters and it worked fine. i never had such luck on it TCPopti. jun101ph is the TCP Optimizer user who has yielded good results on his part, you might wanna exchange thoughts bout it with him.

It's always a pleasure. I encourage you to try all options until you get a satisfactory result.

Update: I am now in the process of finding out which anti virus system slows down Smart Bro's speed. Will be posting (in a separate thread) my observations in 3-4 weeks time.

BTW @ gourame, I have not heard from jun101ph lately...what happened to him?

Hi coolbuster and gourame!

I have just tried using the patch with the TCPOptimizer and it has not worked to my advantage.

Initially, after double click of the patch, the setting is 10/50.

What I did was to input 80? Was it right?

So when do I input the 50 or 80 or 100?

Also, I would like to find out: what is the category of our connection; is it DSL PPoE or Cable & DSL?

From amongst the ccs files, I need to know which one to choose.

Thanks!

@EKANS

I think TCP Optimizer can do it alone. If you're still on it, slide it from 384 kbps up to 3000 kbps then choose what slider setting gave you better speed.

What I suggested (insistently) that a combination of tcpip.sys patch and CableNut would work.

you can try setting it to 50 then do a speed test. if not working, do the same to 80 and 100 but give a gap of at least a day for each setting, have patience.

the connection type is self-explanatory. if your on a router then use DSL with Router (MTU=1492). if your canopy module cable is directly connected to your lan card, then use Cable or DSL - Always On (MTU=1500).  :smile2:

Hello,

Can somebody explain how to tweak smart broken using TCPoptimizer (configuration). Been connected to smartbro almost 2months now, yet i have not seen my connection getting any better. plss.. help.. Have done the (motorolla canopy) canopy tweaking, adjusting QoS and looking for better ap's.  Can't get any stable connection. Sometimes it would reach 45KBps(rarely) :cheesy: then fall into a staggering, pain in the ass 9kbps (occasionally) :tickedoff:....

Is it okay if i'm using deep freeze and TCPoptimizer at the same time??

Advanced thanks to anyone who would help....

share2-YP2Z548D3

It's always a pleasure. I encourage you to try all options until you get a satisfactory result.

Update: I am now in the process of finding out which anti virus system slows down Smart Bro's speed. Will be posting (in a separate thread) my observations in 3-4 weeks time.

BTW @ gourame, I have not heard from jun101ph lately...what happened to him?

kaspersky, nod32,avg, norton, strangles my speed. avast for me seems to be goin g along well with my win xp sp2. i tried to find the answer to that too. here's my 2 cents, avast is good.

Hello,

Can somebody explain how to tweak smart broken using TCPoptimizer (configuration). Been connected to smartbro almost 2months now, yet i have not seen my connection getting any better. plss.. help.. Have done the (motorolla canopy) canopy tweaking, adjusting QoS and looking for better ap's.  Can't get any stable connection. Sometimes it would reach 45Kbps(rarely) :cheesy: then fall into a staggering, pain in the ass 9Kbps (occasionally) :tickedoff:....

Is it okay if i'm using deep freeze and TCPoptimizer at the same time??

Advanced thanks to anyone who would help....

share2-YP2Z548D3

@ qwertyu

I advise you to uninstall deepfreeze first when you tweak your speed, deepfreeze will ALWAYS restore your pre-tweak settings when you restart/turn-off/on your PC. Deep Freeze serves as a shield to changes in the system as advertised in their website:

"Deep Freeze is the standard in bulletproof disk protection

Deep Freeze instantly protects and preserves baseline computer configurations. No matter what changes a user makes to a workstation, simply restart to eradicate all changes and reset the computer to its original state - right down to the last byte. Expensive computer assets are kept running at 100% capacity and technical support time is reduced or eliminated completely. The result is consistent trouble-free computing on a truly protected and parallel network, completely free of harmful viruses and unwanted programs."

Use TCP Opt or a combination of tcpip.sys patch and Cable Nut. If you're really a Deepfreeze fan, re-install it right after you obtain a satisfactory smartbro speed