How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

such a rough point of view. you may not be able to survive surfing the net without the aids of testmy.net, subscribing to smartbro gives you a lot of assignments and lessons to be learned, damn i finished College and started business at home and yet it never ends there, here we got classmates takin up smartbro, we may not know if this ends like school but theres one thing for sure. we are all takin the same classes one point in our lives.

at coolbuster, nah, i just got excited on the release of the new harry potter book and that's all, anyway, such reason needs another place in this forum.

as to my speed, its my usual ones even before and after the tweaking process i undergone with the above supervision of gourame...hehe...

by the way guyz, what would you suggest using, avg or avast?

does any of those affect the speed of smartbro?

also, i am currently running ad-aware antispyware or should i uninstall it and be contented on windows defender...im just in deep wonder on how to manage things in my pc after reading things posted here and everywhere concerning av programs and their effects on your internet speed. jaz wondrin'  :angel:

Please Help Tweak Pro........

Currently I'm using cablenut and gourame's settings..I have also installed a tuneuputilities2007..My prob is,I accidentally click the TCP optimizer,which i have read before that its not good to have both the cablenut and TCP optimizer at the same time....I got a slow connection afterwards...Please help me on what to do...PLZ peepz need some help and advice here for some tweaking..I have observed that i have a good connection in the morning and evening but during afternoon,It's a really broken thing... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hi there, I've got some questions:

I have a mac and a pc, currently I use the mac for smart bro but I'd like to use smart bro on my pc as well. However, I can't seem to make it work on my pc. the questions are: How do I make smart bro work on my pc yet hopefully I could also switch the cable to my mac as well? I'm not planning to use them at the same time so I don't opt to buy a router, I just plan to swtich the cable whenever I want to, is that possible? Please help me thanks!

Please Help Tweak Pro........

Currently I'm using cablenut and gourame's settings..I have also installed a tuneuputilities2007..My prob is,I accidentally click the TCP optimizer,which i have read before that its not good to have both the cablenut and TCP optimizer at the same time....I got a slow connection afterwards...Please help me on what to do...PLZ peepz need some help and advice here for some tweaking..I have observed that i have a good connection in the morning and evening but during afternoon,It's a really broken thing... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

have you tried system restore to a point where you have not clicked the TCP Opt yet?

Hi there, I've got some questions:

I have a mac and a pc, currently I use the mac for smart bro but I'd like to use smart bro on my pc as well. However, I can't seem to make it work on my pc. the questions are: How do I make smart bro work on my pc yet hopefully I could also switch the cable to my mac as well? I'm not planning to use them at the same time so I don't opt to buy a router, I just plan to swtich the cable whenever I want to, is that possible? Please help me thanks!

i think what is recognized by smartbro is the IP Address of your Macintosh lancard that's why you cannot connect to smart bro on your PC.

based on my own experience: there was a time i installed a new lancard to a friend's pc coz the old one was damaged, we were able to connect to the internet, by automatically obtaining IP address and dns, but was redirected to the smart portal instead of in the default webpage.

try to contact customer service @ *1888 on your smart fone if what you want is possible.

kindly help me please..

i did all those necessary actions to boost up my internet.. like the cablenut the canopy thing and the gpedit.msc..

but still no effect for me.. my download speed is still the same like 10-35kb..

to slow..

my location is bangkal, davao city..

im a nood in this

@ mr. wowowee

If nobody's ever told you this with regards to the active people here (they are generoous on giving advice), e-mail smart cause that's how I got their attention. I think we had the same situation the low speed connection thingy, I've tried all the canopy tweaks but to no avail...but with enough patience, smar bro tech got it all fixed for me. They transferred my canopy to another base station. Now it works fine with nice speed. You just have to mention all the problems that you've been having and send them test speed results as well. They will in turn give you an SR number as a proof that they will work on your connection dilemma. Moreover, whenever they come to your home, be aggressive about telling them the connection speed you wan to achieve. Best regards, just be patient with them and with the connection.  :smiley:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 53 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 6 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/07/22 - 1:08am

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 170.67 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 14.828 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 17.91 % of your hosts average (235.36)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FL9SD0JK5

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Media Center PC 3.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705) [!]

Forgot to mention that i am using AnalogX NetStat Live for monitoring my connection speed. It shows that i am having a connection between 400 to 600 Kbps but sometimes it tells me that i am running on 1000 to 3000 Kbps (rarely) but goes back again to my normal speed of 400+. Do you think that this program is accurate in giving these readings of my connection speed? Look at my previous speed test, i believe that it does match with the readings of NetStat Live. I want to hear your opinions about this program.  :smiley:

hello again.

another problem dats why im posting.

smartbro blocks some sites ba? this happened not just once. nakakairita na.

i put up a site. naturally the webhost (singapore based) give me a direct admin panel access. Days ago i still can access that site, pero ngaun, it seems blocked.

So I called up smartbro hotline *1888 . Stupid CSR placed me on hold for several minutes, mga 5 minutes and over, then she got back to me and asked "what ISP are u using?" so I was like... wtf?!

I requested her to hand the phone over to her supervisor, then she said she got to talk to the higher tech team at the other line...then I asked her, "why didnt u know what an ISP is?" and she replied, "Yun kasi tinanong ng higher tech team". She placed me again on hold, while on hold...ito nagpopost ako...

Syempre importante masyadong ma-access ko ung admin panel, pano ako makapag-update ng site at ng database kung di ko ma access un. Pangalawang beses na to nangyari... Nire-reformat ko pa ung pc ko dati para lang ma-access ung site na un. Ngaun I dont want to refrmat pc, lazy..

anything u can suggest? pati  ayaw...

edit: removed link to unknown site

Forgot to mention that i am using AnalogX NetStat Live for monitoring my connection speed. It shows that i am having a connection between 400 to 600 Kbps but sometimes it tells me that i am running on 1000 to 3000 Kbps (rarely) but goes back again to my normal speed of 400+. Do you think that this program is accurate in giving these readings of my connection speed? Look at my previous speed test, i believe that it does match with the readings of NetStat Live. I want to hear your opinions about this program.  :smiley:

Analog X Netstat Live is a very very nice and handy program. It doesn't eat up memory. And one thing's for sure, it's gonna make you feel good, not just for the aforementioned, but on what data it shows to you...like wow the download and upload speeds are soaring high (exaggerated stat values in my own opinion).

I have downloaded and installed it. From my desktop, here's a screenshot of AnalogX NetStat Live, take a look:

analogxod1.th.jpg

click picture to enlarge...

It's too good to be true.

hello again.

another problem dats why im posting.

smartbro blocks some sites ba? this happened not just once. nakakairita na.

i put up a site. naturally the webhost (singapore based) give me a direct admin panel access. Days ago i still can access that site, pero ngaun, it seems blocked.

So I called up smartbro hotline *1888 . Stupid CSR placed me on hold for several minutes, mga 5 minutes and over, then she got back to me and asked "what ISP are u using?" so I was like... wtf?!

I requested her to hand the phone over to her supervisor, then she said she got to talk to the higher tech team at the other line...then I asked her, "why didnt u know what an ISP is?" and she replied, "Yun kasi tinanong ng higher tech team". She placed me again on hold, while on hold...ito nagpopost ako...

Syempre importante masyadong ma-access ko ung admin panel, pano ako makapag-update ng site at ng database kung di ko ma access un. Pangalawang beses na to nangyari... Nire-reformat ko pa ung pc ko dati para lang ma-access ung site na un. Ngaun I dont want to refrmat pc, lazy..

anything u can suggest? pati  ayaw...

edit: removed link to unknown site

we got the same problem dude. i applied to smart bro for the purpose of my online enrollment every semester. but WTF! when they installed it, i cant access the website and the technicians dont even know what to say to me! then i called the cust service and adviced me to use a proxy like kproxy.com but the problem is, i cant access it everytime with kproxy.com because their server is sometimes overloaded. so i have to rent in a shop near us everytime i enroll online  :cry: