How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

hmmm.. I havent tried regcure yet, but registry mechanic have been very helpful to me for 2 years now. Try it out. The installer can be found here: http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/

Note: you have to register it first if you want it to work. It will scan though, but it will not clean unless you register it. Search for it in google. I will not post any license key in here, since it is prohibited.

Yeah, its kind of my habit way back. It started when i was still on college. I used to do research and reviews on different online and offline games. Just the same thing I did with smart bro. ^^ Anyways, ummmm cool... DO you have any advice on how I can maintain the stability of my bandwidth. Any application or tweak I can use?

for now? just plain system cleaning.

hi friends! first of all, i wanna thank everyone from this site.It really helped me a lot. The first time I used my smart bro(ken) I was surfin at 8Kbps!!!! yep! I really felt I was cheated. Paying a thousand bucks for a speed far slower than dial-up. Using proxies sped up my net a bit to about 40kps, and then the 20 steps to about 100+ Kbps, 200+ and so on... (still slow though) I also tweaked my canopy settings and opened my DNS. currently, Im using the TCP optimizer w/c boosted my speed to the advertised bandwidth. (about 350Kbps DL speed and 300+ UL speed slider set at 385Kbps) I had that constant speed for about 2 days straight even at peak hours (3pm-10pm) problem is, im back to my average 150-250Kbps and I really envy you guys sportin 400+ Kbps. A thing that never happened to me... I also downloaded Gourame's cablenut settings coz i heard its better than tcp optimer. but i dont know which one to use. Im still dreamin of that 400+ Kbps.... or even just a contant 350Kbps... please help. thanx.

hi friends! first of all, i wanna thank everyone from this site.It really helped me a lot. The first time I used my smart bro(ken) I was surfin at 8Kbps!!!! yep! I really felt I was cheated. Paying a thousand bucks for a speed far slower than dial-up. Using proxies sped up my net a bit to about 40kps, and then the 20 steps to about 100+ Kbps, 200+ and so on... (still slow though) I also tweaked my canopy settings and opened my DNS. currently, Im using the TCP optimizer w/c boosted my speed to the advertised bandwidth. (about 350Kbps DL speed and 300+ UL speed slider set at 385Kbps) I had that constant speed for about 2 days straight even at peak hours (3pm-10pm) problem is, im back to my average 150-250Kbps and I really envy you guys sportin 400+ Kbps. A thing that never happened to me... I also downloaded Gourame's cablenut settings coz i heard its better than tcp optimer. but i dont know which one to use. Im still dreamin of that 400+ Kbps.... or even just a contant 350Kbps... please help. thanx.

Hi azgauth! I too have experienced the same thing. But only during 5:30pm to 10:00pm (Philippine time). Nonetheless, my average speed is 350 and up. Right now, I am using both junph101 setting for tcpoptimizer and gourame's cablenut setting simultaneously.

uhm..

what is the the effective registry tweak programs : CableNut, TCP Optimizer, and cFosSpeed  / / /  ?

thanks for you answer..!! :smiley:

I have been using both cable nut and tcp optimizer with junph101 and gourame's setting. I could only say that, I have been experiencing speed more than that is advertised on the TV. Thanks to our tweaker! Good job guys! More power!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 222 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 27 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/09/06 - 8:42am

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 37.93 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 14.26 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 48.99 % faster than the average for host (238.18)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NMTUYXJCB

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) [!]

is my connection is ok?..

here the other one

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 277 Kbps about 0.28 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 34 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 159 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 19 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/09/06 - 8:58am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-V9JFPWE1H

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4H2U5DXMK

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) [!]

what do u think my connection is good ??

what is the most effective : cablenut or tcp optimizer?.

tnx for the answer..

and can i ask..

what is the best setting for cablenut . . ?

is the gourame is for cablenut setting ? ?..thanks you guys!!..

which of the two the j79zlr or gourame ?..

thank u guys.!!i'll wait for your feedback..

what is the most effective : cablenut or tcp optimizer?.

tnx for the answer..

and can i ask..

what is the best setting for cablenut . . ?

is the gourame is for cablenut setting ? ?..thanks you guys!!..

which of the two the j79zlr or gourame ?..

thank u guys.!!i'll wait for your feedback..

hello guys!

@ryme, i'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.  :smiley:

as far as i know, cablenut works well with smartbro, tcp opti with pldt mydsl - have tested them already.

the best setting for cablenut is the one you should figure out on your own.

gourame is a TMN member just like us. he posted his own cablenut setting for other tweakers to use.

the j79zlr setting is your own setting, gourame's is his own.  :smiley: