How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

with these changes happening rapidly, i guess i won't be posting that much here anymore since i am no longer a smartbro user. So to all remaining smartbro users who are still contented with their service and whose patience reaches no boundaries, good luck to all of you. I did enjoy some experiences with smartbro but then I guess, everything changes...

186461419.png

with these changes happening rapidly, i guess i won't be posting that much here anymore since i am no longer a smartbro user. So to all remaining smartbro users who are still contented with their service and whose patience reaches no boundaries, good luck to all of you. I did enjoy some experiences with smartbro but then I guess, everything changes...

186461419.png

If you convert your smart bro to pldt mydsl will you pay an extra fee? i'm planin

on converting to mydsl too!

@ sira computer, we have not paid a single centavo since we notified smart that we want the service terminated the moment the 1 year contract lapsed. so if you are with them for 1 year already, which i have already been, then, i don't see any problem of you switching to another isp...

as of today, all things are still good. i can download a movie at a rate of 120-140kb/s (speed only fluctuates to this boundaries)...i'll just observe some down time which i wish to be not as bad as when compared to smartbro....

@ frostbound, most of the tweakings done here involve the cablenut program which as far as i know isn't compatible with Vista. I have tried it before and whenever i open it, it always ask which OS i am using with all the values to their default numbers even though i have applied some setting already prior to that.. anyway, i'll just enjoy things here while it lasts....which i hope to be at least the entire contract season. if all things ends well, might as well consider upgrading to 5mbps...hehehe...

to all tweakers, many luck to all of you! ill just visit some time to be updated on some happenings and new tweakings...hope that someday, the forum will also have room for pldt mydsl user...thanks!

to moderators, sorry if this has been off topic...my deep apologies! good day! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hi guys, im just new here. smarbro was installed last month and as expected i have very low connection speed. 2x the speed of dial up :mad2: I was able to access my canopy using the 169.254.1.1. every now and then tech will come to my place to check the connection but issue not resolved. i was able to tweak it using this topic and i was able to connect with 250+ kbps occasionally. but last night when tech check the connection and left i cannot access the canopy page anymore. i tried changing the TCP/IP properties but failed to access  canopy anymore. they did something i was not aware off. can you help me guys if i can still access the canopy.  thanks

by the way, i've been searching the net for possible configuration of wifi router for pldt mydsl but to no avail, i got none...so, just in case any of you know some things, mind sharing them to me? by the way, i'm using D-Link DI-524...it is just that i suspect the router to cause all the mischief of my browsing experience...but not the download...anyway, please...anyone?!?

@acyaj, you can read the post 20 steps to tweak smartbro and check if it will benefit your connection a bit...or perhaps, you could try reading the first portion of this topic...it does help a bit to some and a lot to few... :smiley:

yeah im paying the same amount as yours...hehe...what is your area? if you're within manila, globe dsl is also a good option...dsl connection like mine requires a phone line though unlike the wireless smartbro...but then, it's worth all the costs...as to area availability, it is said on their site that it is really limited yet but they are working on it to make it available to as many clients as possible... :azn:

oh... you availed the 999package. i thought the 999php's speed is 512kbps upto 700+.. im in manila. but on the boundary of north caloocan and bulacan

i got another question. why did my air delay change, is it normal? (i think this is my distance from the AP, am i right?)...  the air delay before was 0.62 miles then changed to 0.65miles.. its weird i think. i have theories about this but i dont trust them so I'll ask you experts.

any thoughts why this thing happened? replies will be appreciated greatly :D

going back to the one who asked how to access canopy.

i remembered something on how to get the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx from ESN without climbing your antenna.

put this values on your ip and subnet mask

IP Adress: 10.20.30.40 (i think any 10.xxx.xxx.xxx number will do but if not, try these)

Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0

Default Gateway: Leave it blank(i'll explain later why it should be)

after you've done this run ->cmd

then type arp -a

you'll see something like 10.xxx.xxx.xxx and viola, thats your key to access your canopy. (note: if you put a default gateway, you will not get the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx value. i dont know why. i guess because the computer will only read the default gateway, im not an expert.^_^)

hope this helps.^_^

P.S.: I can't access my canopy using IE. but i can access it on mozilla, maybe its the same with the others. please dont get hasty conclusions thinking that the contractor blocked your canopy. they are LAZY. i think they're lazy not to block it so the next time they come to your home to configure your canopy, they dont have to climb up your roof. makes sense isnt it? saves them energy to climb your roof. ^_^

All I can say smartbro sucks!!! Tweaks are just experimental. The ultimate solution to speed up the internet is for the smartbroken engineers to upgrade its basestation capacity. The bandwidth are being shared to all the subscribers and it cannot accommodate the required bandwidth per subscriber.

SMARTBRO simply BROKEN!!!

Unfortunately there is no other ISP provider at this moment. I just keep on bugging the tech support of smartbroken. I am really not satisfied!!! The Connection is okay, all the indicators/parameters are satisfied (jitter, RSSI, etc).

The BIG PROBLEM is on the BANDWIDTH still UNRESOLVED!!! Masyadong Kuripot sila when it comes to bandwidth. :angry:

hey jun101ph. nice to see you back and posting.^_^

i wana thank you for the homemade stinger specs you posted before. its an old post if you still remember it.^_^

guys, can you please look at this. i did a link test on my canopy. this is the result.

it says there that downlink is 5449728 bps. bits per second right?

so i converted it to kBps. its says 665kbps.O_O i think the canopy doesn't lie.

here's the thing. if my canopy says i can recieve 665kbps then why does www.speedtest.net

tell me that i only have 384kbps of bandwidth? is the 5449728bps result from the canopy a fake? i know there's this PRIZM thing. and i think if the PRIZM thing is capping my canopy downlink, my link test result should be lower that 5449728 bps..

i believe i can go up to 512kbps but i dont know what to do. is there something in windows XP that keeps me from getting the full downlink speed i saw from the canopy?

please reply to this. ^_^ i believe you experts can answer this. hohohoh.

i've done all the tweakings. i did cablenut settings, tcp optimizer settings, and both settings.

but nothing happened.

Ur welcome @elvin.  :angel:

The one that you've seen on the link test simply indicates the maximum amount of bandwidth that  the microwave link (or Transmission channel in communications engineering term) can accommodate. The Information Bandwidth that smartbro provides is less than the transmission bandwidth!!!

my link test result changes but my speedtest.net result is not changing. ranges from 320-350Kbps. but the link test result changes from 5449700 to 3643400..

you mean that the link test result indicates the maximum amount of bandwidth which is 665Kbps? the APs im connected to can provide a maximum amount of 665Kbps?

smartbro uses PRIZM? PRIZM is capping the canopy right? but why is my canopy showing 665Kbps but not in speedtest.net?

hmm.. im lost. hahahha. *nosebleed*. how does smartbro limit bandwidth? maybe if i understand this i can figure out why this things occur..^_^

thanks for the reply jun101ph:D