How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

wow. i think no one should tweak that.

and i think even if someone knew, he can't because only the smartbro's employees have the priviledge to make some changes on that.

but if someone here knows how to tweak or configure PRIZM or whatever smartbro uses to limit bandwidth. please share. hohohoho.^_^

@elvin 665 kbps is the maximum transmission bandwidth, therefore smartbro internet bandwidth will be "accommodated" or "fit" to that channel bandwidth. The principle is that, Transmission bandwidth > = twice signal bandwidth <----- information capacity.

As how the smartbro control the bandwidth, the smartbro has its so called Bandwidth Allocator/ Controller, they can control the amount of bandwidth  being shared by the subscribers. Even they are using Time division Multiplexing, meaning constant bandwidth of frequency at a certain period of time, but as the number of subscribers increases, correspond to an increase of number of time slots over a period of time, therefore affecting the traffic of the network resulting to slow internet connection ( network congestion).

Right I have reached that 400+ mark, but the sad thing is the base station where I homed is now very congested. I can only reach my internet speed of 400 + during these hours.

ei guys this is my original speed

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 185 Kbps about 0.19 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 23 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 146 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 18 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/09/25 - 6:58am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6DTU2VMS3

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-J92C6T0X3

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

share-6DTU2VMS3

share2-6DTU2VMS3

which is effective? the 20 ways or tweaking your canopy?

guys im having toruble with the tweaking i erased the default gateway numbers and cant connect to smart is there a way to restore my original settings can you please help it seems to work for me before i tweaked it,im using a motorola canopy thanks for any reply

heres what im doing tell me if i did something wrong

IP add 169.254.3.3

subnet mask 255.255.0.0

def gateway 192.168.224.1(my original gateway)

pref dns(blank)

alterd dns(blank)

then i clik ok and close then i open again and clik obtain ip adress automatically and i have already edited the canopy yet i still cant connect

a

heres what im doing tell me if i did something wrong

IP add 169.254.3.3

subnet mask 255.255.0.0

def gateway 192.168.224.1(my original gateway)

pref dns(blank)

alterd dns(blank)

then i clik ok and close then i open again and clik obtain ip adress automatically and i have already edited the canopy yet i still cant connect

and another thing when i check my status it says my ip adress is 0.0.0 and subnet is 0.0.0 and when i click repair it says operation failed renewing ip adre4ss

@heya - you've accessed your canopy before and messed up or your trying to access it for the 1st time? dont put that gateway. its the gateway to connect on smartbro AP(i think? hehe.) i think you should try putting 10.0.0.1 on default gateway.... and put the 255.0.0.0 subnet mask.

maybe your on the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx series. if your on that series try getting your ESN. i've posted something about that recently. i think its on page 85 or 86.

i also cannot access my canopy sometimes even if i configure my IP settings (weird huh?) and the solution was to replug the ethernet cable :D

here's a list of causes of inaccessibility of canopy. (i guess)

*wrong TCP/IP configuration. (some canopies are on 10.xxx.xxx.xxx series, some can be accessed on 169.254.1.1 on browser.)

*Faulty LAN card.

*Browser type (in my case, canopy is inaccessible on IE version 6. only on mozilla)

*Broken Canopy (the worst, but rarely.)

*accidentally changed something on canopy (solution: default plug.^_^)

*Blocked Canopy (you'll need a default plug)

hope this gives you a clue on what to do..

P.S. i also get that same problem sometimes. restarting your pc might help.^_^

*reminding new guys on this forum like me.*

PATIENCE is a virtue.^_^

P.S. for those who are searching bandwidth hack for smartbro, no one here hasn't posted it yet. maybe its still undiscovered or it's just not possible. smartbro can control bandwidth, we cant do anything about it. unless we take their loved ones as hostages and ask bandwidth for ransom. hehehehehe.

(makunat sa bandwidth ang smartbro, ganun ang buhay kung minsan.T_T)

*reminding new guy on this forum like me.*

PATIENCE is a virtue.^_^

P.S. for those who are searching bandwidth hack for smartbro, no one here hasn't posted it yet. maybe its still undiscovered or it's just not possible. smartbro can control bandwidth, we cant do anything about it. unless we take their loved ones as hostages and ask bandwidth for ransom. hehehehehe.

whatever you're trying to say. you have a sense of humor  :2funny:

thanks^_^

its an honor recieving a complement from a veteran :D

i wana share something..(gives you guys an idea of whats really happening)

my friends and i did an experiment on smartbro..

my friends wondered what if we stream or download at the same time. will our bandwidth change or its still fix.. my first guess was ofcourse it will because the AP gives fix bandwidth on each canopy.

so we did a test. i told 5 of my friends to download a file (not the same file server but the same file size and i think the same file server status) chronologically on our peak hours(10pm-10am normally but 12 - 5am on our area.T_T).

dramatic changes in download speed occured. 1st downloader gave a speed of 45kB/s then another the 2nd dowloader starts and 1st downloader's speed changed to 37kB/s and the 2nd downloader's speed was 34kB/s- 37kB/s.

as the 3rd,4th and 5th started the speed of the 1st decreases. i think the lowest was 18kB/s on the 1st downloader.

while 5 of my friends were downloading, i did a speed test. and its so horrible.

my peak hour bandwidth is and should be 384Kbps but to my dismay i got a result of 113Kbps download and 312 upload. (i think the upload speed makes sense because everyone on the experiment was downloading so i think it gives only a little effect on upload.)

we're in the same base station so i think the experiment is valid (same color code 133)

kindly give comments,corrections and suggestions on this experiment. ^_^

*reminding new guys on this forum like me.*

PATIENCE is a virtue.^_^

In other words SMARTBROKEN!!!

We did not demand that we want to exceed the speed above the advertised value, we just want to attain atleast close to it. :wink: If it gets higher then that would be a bonus.  :azn:

thanks^_^

its an honor recieving a complement from a veteran :D

i wana share something..(gives you guys an idea of whats really happening)

my friends and i did an experiment on smartbro..

my friends wondered what if we stream or download at the same time. will our bandwidth change or its still fix.. my first guess was ofcourse it will because the AP gives fix bandwidth on each canopy.

so we did a test. i told 5 of my friends to download a file (not the same file server but the same file size and i think the same file server status) chronologically on our peak hours(10pm-10am normally but 12 - 5am on our area.T_T).

dramatic changes in download speed occured. 1st downloader gave a speed of 45kB/s then another the 2nd dowloader starts and 1st downloader's speed changed to 37kB/s and the 2nd downloader's speed was 34kB/s- 37kB/s.

as the 3rd,4th and 5th started the speed of the 1st decreases. i think the lowest was 18kB/s on the 1st downloader.

while 5 of my friends were downloading, i did a speed test. and its so horrible.

my peak hour bandwidth is and should be 384Kbps but to my dismay i got a result of 113Kbps download and 312 upload. (i think the upload speed makes sense because everyone on the experiment was downloading so i think it gives only a little effect on upload.)

we're in the same base station so i think the experiment is valid (same color code 133)

kindly give comments,corrections and suggestions on this experiment. ^_^

Ideally, smartbro internet is symmetrical in design, meaning upload and download must have the same speed (small difference only).

The problem I see is that smartbro keep on accepting new subscribers while not  increasing its base station capacity. So therefore bandwidth is running out, specially when all subscribers are online at the same time.

Hirap kasi sa SMART puro sila QUANTITY wala ng QUALITY!!!

guys this is my speed when i tweak the canopy

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 142 Kbps about 0.14 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 17 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 136 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 17 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/09/25 - 11:56pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2BVOS48YF

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NFCUD48RL

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

what do u thnk?