How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Hello there. I have a major problem with my smartbro connection. I NEED HELP!!! ANYONE!!!

My usual speed when tested on speedtest.net is 300 to 380+. Then when I stumbled upon this site and I figured, I could test if I can get the 600++ speed that most the people here are getting.

Unfortunately, my speed went down 50%! I only get like 60 to 120kbps (speedtest.net). i dont know what is wrong. I have tried tweaking, cablesnut and the canopy and all that. Including the clearing the DNS, decreasing buffer time etc.

My location is in Caloocan and my distance from the base staion 0.66. I called up customer service but they said my speed was ok. They asked me to go to www.2wire.com to test my connection and I got 289kbps. They said that it was pretty high. I am confused. When I check back on speedtest, it is 79kbps!!! Please help me. my job is online teaching and I am afraid that I will get fireed because I have been absent for a while now. please help. do i do the cablenut and tweaking again and again?? Thanks

Please help me. I used to get 300+ speed. now it is this.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 198 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 24 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/10/15 - 1:16am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 42.67 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 15.953 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 26.87 % of your hosts average (241.115)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-41LDGVORX

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.2) [!]

Please help me. I used to get 300+ speed. now it is this.

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 198 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 24 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/10/15 - 1:16am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 42.67 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 15.953 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 26.87 % of your hosts average (241.115)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-41LDGVORX

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.2)

Test your speed again later at night.. Maybe its just that the internet traffic is congested since afternoon is usually its peak hours.. You do the cablenut tweak once.. After you restart your pc, it should be good to go and a little bit faster.. Especially your upload..

Hello there. I have a major problem with my smartbro connection. I NEED HELP!!! ANYONE!!!

My usual speed when tested on testmy.net is 300 to 380+. Then when I stumbled upon this site and I figured, I could test if I can get the 600++ speed that most the people here are getting.

Unfortunately, my speed went down 50%! I only get like 60 to 120Kbps (testmy.net). i dont know what is wrong. I have tried tweaking, cablesnut and the canopy and all that. Including the clearing the DNS, decreasing buffer time etc.

My location is in Caloocan and my distance from the base staion 0.66. I called up customer service but they said my speed was ok. They asked me to go to www.2wire.com to test my connection and I got 289Kbps. They said that it was pretty high. I am confused. When I check back on speedtest, it is 79Kbps!!! Please help me. my job is online teaching and I am afraid that I will get fireed because I have been absent for a while now. please help. do i do the cablenut and tweaking again and again?? Thanks

i have already replied to your private message, do check it out.

Hi guys! I've been going so slow the past 2 days after i formatted my hard drive. I configured my canopy and did all the stuff that is suggested on this forum. Before i was goin 400+ but now am having a hard time getting my normal connection w/c is 400+ of course. Is it because i erased all the files in my HD (though i have a back up of my previous cablenut settings and the optimizer too), I was just wandering what made my connection so slow.

current speed:

share2-ARLM7QP4B

Previous speed before formatting PC is around 400 to 450

PLEASE HELP!  :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

in using cablenut....what css file should i choose? im using smart bro and my speed is playing around 130Kbps only..pls help

well cablenut setting depends on your system but it won't hurt to try other members css settings.... it might work on you too! you can clear the settings anytime if it slows your connection then input/try another setting!