How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Guest ExtremeFusion

As far as i know, You can view the distance found at the canopy setup page.

yeah you are right, approximate though..

I think if the sm doesn't have any tracking device on it...

they based it on air delay, on how long the signal is relayed from your sm to their "reciever" and viceversa

much like a radar...

The SM has a built in GPS for distance calculation.

Air delay as far as i understand  affects the index of refraction of the air, which in effect affects the speed of transmission.

Remember that index of refraction is equal to the square root of permitivity.

And the speed of light on the medium(air) is equal to the speed of light in the vacuum divided by index of refraction.

Then distance is equal to the speed of light in the medium(air) divided by the frequency of SM  <----- which we see in the canopy (approx distance) :lol:

Guest ExtremeFusion

The SM has a built in GPS for distance calculation.

Air delay as far as i understand  affects the index of refraction of the air, which in effect affects the speed of transmission.

Remember that index of refraction is equal to the square root of permitivity.

And the speed of light on the medium(air) is equal to the speed of light in the vacuum divided by index of refraction.

Then distance is equal to the speed of light in the medium(air) divided by the frequency of SM  <----- which we see in the canopy (approx distance) :lol:

Nice find...

Too teChie (TEKi)...  :cool2:

hi ive tried the tips on how to tweak my SMART BROKEN wi-fi,but havnt got any good results..i followed every step carefully,could there be something wrong with my connection?heres my so called SPEED TEST..take a look and see for yourself how much SPEED ive got...i BADLY need your help guys...

share2-QJS6BV43H

hi ive tried the tips on how to tweak my SMART BROKEN wi-fi,but havnt got any good results..i followed every step carefully,could there be something wrong with my connection?heres my so called SPEED TEST..take a look and see for yourself how much SPEED ive got...i BADLY need your help guys...

share2-QJS6BV43H

Much better if you will report this to the customer support group of smartbro and ask them for a field visit.

share2-QJS6BV43H

When did you have speed problems.. since installation or just a day ago?

If its just recently, it isnt hard to wait a couple of days.. Maybe, there is some basestation maintenance. No tweaks would work if your basestation itself is the problem..

:welcome: to TMN!!

how do you determine on how far is your base station.Can tcpOptimizer and cable be used the same time?

Do you mean TCP Optimizer and cablenut? If so I have heard both ways. No harm can be done by it. And some have had luck using both, and some have found it is better to use just one.

So really it is your choice and neither one can mess it up. You can always redo anything you have done in seconds if you want.  :grin2:

Hope that helped.

Guest ExtremeFusion

Just curious, emoticons in safari here in testmy.net specially the "cheesy" coded as ":cheesy:" move's it eyes at a super fast rate.. hmmm... just nothing.. just mentioning...

Guest brownchocl8

:smiley: eLlow guyz!! im happy to say i got good results after tweaking my canopy. before i was only running at 256kbps download. heres my current speed so far...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 421 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 51 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/10/30 - 3:47pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 20.08 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 7.511 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 47.2 % faster than the average for host (241.200)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ULJTOPX4Q

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) [!]

its doing good so far. thanks for all the help. I LOVE Y'ALL  :smitten:

Guest aneljr009

Hey I have a problem

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 70 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 9 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/11/01 - 2:28am

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 113.78 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 11.316 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 30.17 % of your hosts average (53.6)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-AH4IEK7OY

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 [!]

:smiley: eLlow guyz!! im happy to say i got good results after tweaking my canopy. before i was only running at 256Kbps download. heres my current speed so far...

:::::::::::::::::.. Download Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 421 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 51 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/10/30 - 3:47pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 20.08 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 7.511 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 47.2 % faster than the average for host (241.200)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ULJTOPX4Q

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

its doing good so far. thanks for all the help. I LOVE Y'ALL  :smitten:

CONGRATS PO  :grin: NYAHAHA. I love you too..  :smitten:

==========================

i have a question here.

how do i know how many smart bro users are using the internet here in my place. because when its 12noon(lunchtime) i was getting poor internet connection until 6pm. and 6 -  10pm it was over 300 and below 400, but when it was 10pm upto 12noon(the otherday) i was getting a 500+ speed.