How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

based on my experience sir cool..and its not my intention to insult anyone here ExtremeFusion...cos some of the visitors here might not have great pc specs  :smiley:....anyway its just a suggestion... :angel:

that is alright enzobaby. you can post anything you want at tmn, except anything that might harm others. its nice to know you have great pc specs.

@jacdmac - your using deep freeze? where did you get the installer? can i know how much did you pay for the installer?

if you're tweaking registry dont use deep freeze. deep freeze is like a system restore. everytime you reboot, your pc will go back to the previous settings. the tweaked information that requires reboot will not be recorded on the registry because deep freeze will not allow it.^_^

tweaking registry requires reboot. tweaking with deep freeze will be futile.

i dont know the whole case. this is just my opinion.^_^ dont be offended or pissed off coz i just wana help.^_^

19 miles?! Are you kidding?!

Geez!

Considering that you exprience 1500 RSSI, it should provide you good iNet speed.

But when you factor in the jitter of 7 and distance of 19 miles..not including the density of user in your area..

It could be the culprit of your poor iNet speed aside from the possibility that something stupid is up with your basestation.

sir my air delay is 0.19miles to correct.. yes a technician went here to check my signal he says my signal is pretty good but the basestation is the problem. is this means im stuck in this congested AP? do i have other alternatives? thanks., :cheesy:

hmm, your hardware is not bad. how about your programs?

i just formatted my pc so i do not have much program installed, like MS office AVG antivirus, i tunes, nero burning rom.. do you think there's problem with my program that has to do with my Internet connection? thanks.,

see, i am using a router D-Link wireless, is this the cause of my problem? i am not sure if cablenut is working in pc's with router. coolbuster what do you think? can u give me advice about cablenut? thanks.,

i just formatted my pc so i do not have much program installed, like MS office AVG antivirus, i tunes, nero burning rom.. do you think there's problem with my program that has to do with my Internet connection? thanks.,

sir my air delay is 0.19miles to correct.. yes a technician went here to check my signal he says my signal is pretty good but the basestation is the problem. is this means im stuck in this congested AP? do i have other alternatives? thanks., :cheesy:

hmm, coolbuster always suggests using avast, maybe it will help in your case. i don't know about your router, but i think some of them may slow down connection. as for your problem with your base station, try using different APs while homing in to that base station.if none of them works, try pointing your canopy to different directions and look for a base station that will give you desirable results.

you don't have to rotate your antenna just to look for another AP. usually there are 6 APs in one base station which are beamed in all directions. all you have to do is look for another color code which has high RSSI, low JITTER, low POWER and LESS Usercount. that is, if you are able to access your canopy sm page.

i just formatted my pc so i do not have much program installed, like MS office AVG antivirus, i tunes, nero burning rom.. do you think there's problem with my program that has to do with my Internet connection? thanks.

i remember someone in tmn who used to have AVG and still got an average speed. but when he switched to avast he got better speed. i think you should try it too.

see, i am using a router D-Link wireless, is this the cause of my problem? i am not sure if cablenut is working in pc's with router. coolbuster what do you think? can u give me advice about cablenut? thanks.

most routers have their own firewall protection. in case you are using your router for firewall, try to disable the built-in Windows firewall coz it might be too much and will slow down your speed strength. fr0stbound was right when he said it might slow down your connection.

ok you have a router. when you go to http://www.j79zlr.com/cablenutXP2k.php for the calculation of your cablenut ccs setting, see to it that you use 1492 as your MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) --> MTU = 1492

hi guys.. i'm just new here in your forum (TMN).  i am reading all the posts and work arounds about how to tweak and boosting up the speed of the connection and i did all of them.

i can't access my canopy anymore cause what i did the last time is i enabled the DHCP on my canopy and after restarting my computer, that's the time that i can't access anymore my canopy settings/portal.

i'm still having a problem with my connection.  intermittent connection to be specific, but i did all the tweakings and work arounds that i can do to make my connection fast.

attached is my current internet speed.  and i want to boost it up cause the game that i'm playing is not accepting the speed that i have now.  i've been playing that game for about 2 months.. and after 2 months my connection goes down, then i can't access my game anymore.

share2-UQVL6OMGA

this is the speed that i'm getting right now...

::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.24 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 42 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 5 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/15 - 10:51pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UQVL6OMGA

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WPEHK3JXB

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

and these are the settings of my cablenut.. any suggestions with my settings so i can boost up my speed to around 512 to 700+ Kbps? i would greatly appreciate for the help that you can give to me and to all of the supporters of this forum.

mycurrentsettingszp2.jpg

now this is my speed after i sent my post :(

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 168 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 21 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/15 - 11:26pm

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 48.76 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 145.969 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 88.42 % of your hosts average (241.163)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SLMKT94P1

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

hi guys.. i'm just new here in your forum (TMN).  i am reading all the posts and work arounds about how to tweak and boosting up the speed of the connection and i did all of them.

i can't access my canopy anymore cause what i did the last time is i enabled the DHCP on my canopy and after restarting my computer, that's the time that i can't access anymore my canopy settings/portal.

i'm still having a problem with my connection.  intermittent connection to be specific, but i did all the tweakings and work arounds that i can do to make my connection fast.

attached is my current internet speed.  and i want to boost it up cause the game that i'm playing is not accepting the speed that i have now.  i've been playing that game for about 2 months.. and after 2 months my connection goes down, then i can't access my game anymore.

share2-UQVL6OMGA

this is the speed that i'm getting right now...

::::::::::::::::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 243 Kbps about 0.24 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 30 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 42 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 5 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/11/15 - 10:51pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UQVL6OMGA

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WPEHK3JXB

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

and these are the settings of my cablenut.. any suggestions with my settings so i can boost up my speed to around 512 to 700+ Kbps? i would greatly appreciate for the help that you can give to me and to all of the supporters of this forum.

mycurrentsettingszp2.jpg

Because others claimed that software tweaks can boost your connection to the usual 384 Kbps speed, does not mean it's all true. Others might see a temporary  improvement on their internet speed but most of them still suffer the poor low internet connection.

Best advise I can share is for you to directly communicate this problem to the CSR and ask for field visit... :lol:

i call them everyday. send them emails everyday. give them updates about my connection. i even asked them to give me the access to the canopy if i was restricted in accessing the canopy.  cause i've fixed the problem all by myself by accessing the canopy itself.  but when they started restricting me from accessing the canopy.. that was the time that i can't fixed my connection problem.  i am tweaking my connection every time and it's giving me the connection that i wanted. but there are times that i need to revert back to the other settings.. i even have 5 file settings from each time stamp and use them to give me at least 300+ kbps.

smartbro's field technician don't even know what they are doing.  i am asking the technician what's this for and that and this and those.. he can't even answer me... you know what? i even tried asking him a question which i know just to test them if they know what they are doing... and they can't answer me.  it's just a simple dos command.. which is the "netsh winsock reset"

to be honest.  CSR, TSR, and Field Technicians of smart don't know what they are doing... they're always telling me the same nonsense answer to my question.

:(

well i hope there's a way for this.. but i do know that the settings for the cablenut are somewhat effective.. cause they fix the registry.. and the registry are the only one's who control the in and outs of the network...

analyze the stuff that they are telling me... these emails are sent to me 2 weeks ago.. until now.. i haven't heard from them.. to the fact that i always email them from time to time :(

Thank you for constantly communicating with us.

SMART has always prioritized the efficiency and reliability of the service we render to our subscribers.

We regret though if you were made to feel otherwise by your connection concern, which remains unresolved.

Nevertheless, we wish to assure you that our support group is attending to your concern.

Constant follow through is then being made in your behalf.

Meantime, we seek for your patience as necessary actions are being carried out to properly address the matter.

Sincerely,

Analyn Nunag / raa

Customer Care

----------------------------

Thank you for your email.

We regret to know that your concern regarding your connection persists. While we understand that no amount of assurance would relieve your dismay on the present state of connection, we would like to inform you that our technical support group has already been duly notified of the difficulties you are encountering. We share your desire to obtain resolution to the situation the soonest possible. However, coordination to improve delivery of the service is still in progress. Our support group is exerting best efforts to promptly resolve your concern.

We have created a Service Request Number (SR#) for your concern. You may use SR# 192526950 as a reference and proof that close coordination is now being done with our support group to resolve your connection concern the soonest. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding while necessary actions are being carried out. With our intervention, we aim to put things in order and deliver the quality of service you deserve.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to write us again.

Sincerely,

Analyn S. Nunag

Customer Care

------------------------

This matter has been escalated for our support's group expertise through Service Request (SR) number 191704865. You may use the given SR number for monitoring and follow through purposes.

Rest assured this will be given due attention.

Meanwhile, we wish to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Should there be other matters requiring our assistance, please feel free to write to us again.

Sincerely,

Analyn S. Nunag / cmb

Customer Care

Guest ExtremeFusion

analyze the stuff that they are telling me... these emails are sent to me 2 weeks ago.. until now.. i haven't heard from them.. to the fact that i always email them from time to time :(

Thank you for constantly communicating with us.

SMART has always prioritized the efficiency and reliability of the service we render to our subscribers.

We regret though if you were made to feel otherwise by your connection concern, which remains unresolved.

Nevertheless, we wish to assure you that our support group is attending to your concern.

Constant follow through is then being made in your behalf.

Meantime, we seek for your patience as necessary actions are being carried out to properly address the matter.

Sincerely,

Analyn Nunag / raa

Customer Care

----------------------------

Thank you for your email.

We regret to know that your concern regarding your connection persists. While we understand that no amount of assurance would relieve your dismay on the present state of connection, we would like to inform you that our technical support group has already been duly notified of the difficulties you are encountering. We share your desire to obtain resolution to the situation the soonest possible. However, coordination to improve delivery of the service is still in progress. Our support group is exerting best efforts to promptly resolve your concern.

We have created a Service Request Number (SR#) for your concern. You may use SR# 192526950 as a reference and proof that close coordination is now being done with our support group to resolve your connection concern the soonest. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding while necessary actions are being carried out. With our intervention, we aim to put things in order and deliver the quality of service you deserve.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to write us again.

Sincerely,

Analyn S. Nunag

Customer Care

------------------------

This matter has been escalated for our support's group expertise through Service Request (SR) number 191704865. You may use the given SR number for monitoring and follow through purposes.

Rest assured this will be given due attention.

Meanwhile, we wish to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Should there be other matters requiring our assistance, please feel free to write to us again.

Sincerely,

Analyn S. Nunag / cmb

Customer Care

S&#T Smart CSR!

That is just the same script they sent me.

Stupid!!!

Though the name of the CSR that sent me an email was different.

@trojanvirus, call them and be mean while you are at it! hehehe  :knuppel2:

i work in a call center that's why i know what templates are they going to use for a certain problem.  i remember when i called them.. i told the CSR agent that i am a L2-TSR agent and i do fix modems, router, and connect wireless that's why i know all the scripts you are giving me.  the agent don't know what to do when i told her my position.  she even tried muting me and shouting for support, her problem is she didn't verify that i am on mute.. i was laughing when she's back.  cause she was cursing and swearing (but not on me) she's like.. "guys help me.. i'm talking to an L2 agent and he wants to know all of his settings.. i don't know where to find it"  :evil6: evil meh haha

Guest ExtremeFusion

i work in a call center that's why i know what templates are they going to use for a certain problem.  i remember when i called them.. i told the CSR agent that i am a L2-TSR agent and i do fix modems, router, and connect wireless that's why i know all the scripts you are giving me.  the agent don't know what to do when i told her my position.  she even tried muting me and shouting for support, her problem is she didn't verify that i am on mute.. i was laughing when she's back.  cause she was cursing and swearing (but not on me) she's like.. "guys help me.. i'm talking to an L2 agent and he wants to know all of his settings.. i don't know where to find it"  :evil6: evil meh haha

Hahaha!

They thought they can always fool and manipulate their customers' mind.

Guest ExtremeFusion

i will be their worst nightmare if they will not give the speed that i am paying... i can't play for 4 weeks now :(

Question and off topic.

When you swear at a CSR, would they block you or make you wait like forever the next time you call them.

Or maybe, ignore your complaint and service request?!

Just had to ask, since you have been a tech rep.

Guest ExtremeFusion

i call them everyday. send them emails everyday. give them updates about my connection. i even asked them to give me the access to the canopy if i was restricted in accessing the canopy.  cause i've fixed the problem all by myself by accessing the canopy itself.  but when they started restricting me from accessing the canopy.. that was the time that i can't fixed my connection problem.  i am tweaking my connection every time and it's giving me the connection that i wanted. but there are times that i need to revert back to the other settings.. i even have 5 file settings from each time stamp and use them to give me at least 300+ Kbps.

smartbro's field technician don't even know what they are doing.  i am asking the technician what's this for and that and this and those.. he can't even answer me... you know what? i even tried asking him a question which i know just to test them if they know what they are doing... and they can't answer me.  it's just a simple dos command.. which is the "netsh winsock reset"

to be honest.  CSR, TSR, and Field Technicians of smart don't know what they are doing... they're always telling me the same nonsense answer to my question.

:(

well i hope there's a way for this.. but i do know that the settings for the cablenut are somewhat effective.. cause they fix the registry.. and the registry are the only one's who control the in and outs of the network...

they are really not qualified, you are not alone bro

same boat here, just like what you have experienced.

the agent who receive the call will give 3 warnings. if you still continue, then the agent will be forced to put you down and ignore your request.  but you can call again to talk to another agent, the agent will then see the case created by the previous agent and he/she will provide you with a disclaimer able for you not to give a foul attitude towards them.

a piece of advice, don't swear, just be mean... that's the key able for them to understand you.  another key to the call is that you need to ask the agent is he/she honestly know what he/she is doing... if they don't know it, ask them to transfer you to the qeueu or to the other agent who can solve the problem

most of the agents (80%) don't know what they are doing. they perform test and stuff to eat time for them to know a solution to your problem.

the problem with SM CSRs, 95% of the agents are not technically/properly trained or oriented, no idea about the issue, didn't experience a problem that we are having right now, what else... only 5% of the population are computer geeks and 95% are just "computer literate" meaning they just follow the call flow.

this is my connection now hahahaha i have a super fast connection.. i tried to post this for 5 times haha

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 113 Kbps about 0.11 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 35 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/11/16 - 7:24am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IYAQJEDG4

Guest ExtremeFusion

this is my connection now hahahaha i have a super fast connection.. i tried to post this for 5 times haha

::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 113 Kbps about 0.11 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 35 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/11/16 - 7:24am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-IYAQJEDG4

Is that your speed while you're on a proxy?!

I reach speeds like that when I am not using proxy.