How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

ubuntu 7.10

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1927 Kbps about 1.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 235 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/12/03 - 9:25am

Bottom Line:: 34X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.36 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 12.718 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 652.73 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UK98ZH5LC

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.10) Gecko/20071126 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.10 [!]

Firmware Version: 1.04.02, Feb 18 2005

MAC Address: 00-19-DB-88-C5-B3

Status

Login Type: DHCP

Internet IP Address: 192.168.253.xxx

Subnet Mask: 255.255.224.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.224.1 ====> is this the gateway to my canopy?

Static DNS1: 203.84.191.216

Static DNS2: 121.1.3.208

Static DNS3: 121.1.3.199

MTU: 1500

Accessing the Canopy page

1. Go to Control Panel, select Network Connections, find your Smart Broadband connection (LAN or High-speed internet) and right click on it.

2. Click Properties, on the General tab, find the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and highlight it(usually at the bottom of the list). Click Properties.

3. Under the General tab, select Use the following IP address and enter the following data in their respective properties:

IP address: 169.254.3.3

Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

Then click OK.

4. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera) and input this address on the address bar: 169.254.1.1

If you cannot access your canopy software after following these steps, then your  canopy MS is probably blocked.

WHEN I TRY THIS I CANT ACCESS MY CANOPY WHEN I WENT TO THIS IP 169.254.1.1

IS IT POSIBLE THAT THIS IS THE IP ADD OF MY CANOPY  192.168.224.1 ====> is this the gateway to my canopy?

PLEASE I REALY NEED HELP IN TO THIS

Guest ExtremeFusion

@charlz_fk

no the default gateway is NOT the canopy's ip...

are you using proxy?

disable it when trying to access your canopy...

Is this normal?

normalap.jpg

I was downloading stuffs and was thrilled to see my DL speed at 9pm MLA time. And when I checked my AP, the UserCount says zero (0). I tried to re-open my canopy and it still says zero. And I noticed that my air delay changed from 1025 to 1176 feet. I think my AP crawled or something...

Sorry if it's a dumb*ss question, but I don't know much about this stuff.

Guest sexpert

Is this normal?

normalap.jpg

I was downloading stuffs and was thrilled to see my DL speed at 9pm MLA time. And when I checked my AP, the UserCount says zero (0). I tried to re-open my canopy and it still says zero. And I noticed that my air delay changed from 1025 to 1176 feet. I think my AP crawled or something...

Sorry if it's a dumb*ss question, but I don't know much about this stuff.

Maybe that's why SMART is simply amazing! :D

@becman - i think the air delay is only an calculation/assumption of the canopy antenna on how far your basestation is.

i don't really know how the canopy computes it or what formula it uses. what's the antenna's basis for the computation of distance. maybe it's the time spent by the signal to travel to your canopy multiplied by the speed of the signal.

(based on common physics.XD i'm such a stupid kid with really stupid theories hehehe! XD.)

I guess the value on "Air Delay" is affected by the blowing wind.^_^

I noticed that my basestation seemed closer when the wind blows from the west (that's where i think my basestation is located. based on my experiments also)

Guest sexpert

simple physics topic  on signal propagation.hehe... distance calculation is affected by the factors like the index of refraction of the medium which is the AIR, the propagation delay with in the system.

OK. I get it. Sort of. So it's not just the physical distance. I kinda understand about the radio frequency thing. But I wasn't aware wind factor is also relevant. We got a slight breeze going on around here. Maybe it's the case. thanks :grin2:

Guest sexpert

@becman - i think the air delay is only an calculation/assumption of the canopy antenna on how far your basestation is.

i don't really know how the canopy computes it or what formula it uses. what's the antenna's basis for the computation of distance. maybe it's the time spent by the signal to travel to your canopy multiplied by the speed of the signal.

(based on common physics.XD i'm such a stupid kid with really stupid theories hehehe! XD.)

I guess the value on "Air Delay" is affected by the blowing wind.^_^

I noticed that my basestation seemed closer when the wind blows from the west (that's where i think my basestation is located. based on my experiments also)

:) yah, the wind is a factor... remember the formula for frequency?

frequency is equal to propagation velocity divided by the distance. the propagation velocity is equal to the speed of light divided by the index of refraction of the medium (which is the air). so the distance = (speed of light) (velocity factor) / (frequency), that velocity factor = 1 / (index of refraction of air) :D

If  the wind blows strong, index of refraction of air increases consequently velocity factor decreases. Since frequency and speed of light are constants so the only variable is the index of refraction. As you've noticed @elvin the basestation seems closer during the wind blows since the index of refraction is higher.

:) yah, the wind is a factor... remember the formula for frequency?

frequency is equal to propagation velocity divided by the distance. the propagation velocity is equal to the speed of light divided by the index of refraction of the medium (which is the air). so the distance = (speed of light) (velocity factor) / (frequency), that velocity factor = 1 / (index of refraction of air) :D

If  the wind blows strong, index of refraction of air increases consequently velocity factor decreases. Since frequency and speed of light are constants so the only variable is the index of refraction. As you've noticed @elvin the basestation seems closer during the wind blows since the index of refraction is higher.

hey, can i ask you to help me with my physics? it's one of the classes that's holding me off from graduation,along with values,filipino,rizal, and P.E.

Guest sexpert

hey, can i ask you to help me with my physics? it's one of the classes that's holding me off from graduation,along with values,filipino,rizal, and P.E.

sure, how may i help u? :)

::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 70 Kbps about 0.07 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 9 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 36 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/12/06 - 3:54am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-XYLKZ5VP3

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I56HC9GTP

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

<english please>