How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Guest jokesor

sir coolbuster.. im surfing in my shool because we had no connection in our smartbro since 02/27/08 - 1am until now.. :cry:.. i dont know the reason why.. i called the smart hotline and they said that they dont see any disfunction in my connection.. i thought that the problem would be in my system.. but im not sure.. i asked my friends/neighbors if they were also disconnected but they said no.. would it be in my network connection settings?.. please assist.. i could see the network icon in the task bar.. it says local area connected..100Mbps.. i tried to visit the canopy address 169.254.1.1 and it connects but with the other websites it doesnt even yahoo.com and google.com AND EVEN the portal.smartbro.net.. :cry:.. i tried to change my IP address <b>169.254.3.3</b> and tried visit the canopy site 169.254.1.1.. and it does.. but sometimes if my browser loads the icon in my task bar says that <u>local area disconnected</u> for a several seconds and said that it is connected again.. <b>ang gulo</b>...please help... :cry:.. i will call the hotline again... and also ask some assistance with my friend.. <b>I LOOK FORWARD FOR YOUR REPLY</b>... Thanks a lot.. :cry:

Guest jokesor

sir coolbuster.. i forgot to tell you that i did some program deletion.. using add/remove programs in the control panel... but it was only some programs that i dont use anymore and the windows updates (security updates.. etc.).. these updates began to appear when we had the connection.. i believe that it would update our O.S. so i installed it.. i checked my installed programs and i saw so many windows updates.. it is like a spam in my add/remove program window so i delete them because i thought that they were the reason why my computer's processes become slow.. i believe that the updates i removed would not affect my connection... :icon_pale:.. but i saw some files that was removed/installed in my system files while uninstalling.. i believe that they were also system files.. maybe they affect my network connection settings.. after the deletion.. my <u>shut down/log off</u> inteface was changed.. from the graphical one to the drop down selection... im sorry if i cant explain it well... im just hoping that you could help me.. thank you very much... :smiley:

here are the options:

1) Do a system restore. restore to a point before you have uninstalled windows updates. to do it, go to Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.

2) Try the attached TCP/IP Resetter. It will roll back your tcpip.sys to its default state. after the process, you should redo the tweaks you made via CableNut.

Good luck!  :smiley:

here are the options:

1) Do a system restore. restore to a point before you have uninstalled windows updates. to do it, go to Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.

2) Try the attached TCP/IP Resetter. It will roll back your tcpip.sys to its default state. after the process, you should redo the tweaks you made via CableNut.

Good luck!  :smiley:

will this also work if i want to reset my mac adres to obtain my original ip adres?

Coolbuster:

My smartbro has never reached it's maximum performance and I always have a slow download speed during daytime. It sometimes cancels the download due to slow connection  :idiot2:Only on offpeak hours can I download large files. I've done the 20 steps several times, run tcpip optimizer, used proxies and I even applied your CSS but I still have a slow connection. I would want to take advantage of my broadband connection mainly by downloading large files and not just browsing. The only thing running on my startup is ESET and I have included my running processes for you to review it. I hope you can help me with this. Thanks.

Here's my current connection speed:

share2-7WDQFHTCS

this test was done around 3:45 a.m. I'm averaging way below that during day time. :(

Here are my running processes:

igfxsrvc.exe

svchost.exe

taskmgr.exe

YahooMessenger

spoolsv.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

ati2evxx.exe

SMAgent.exe

lsass.exe

services.exe

winlogon.exe

csrss.exe

SAgent2.exe

ekrn.exe

svchost.exe

ATKKBService.exe

smss.exe

ctfmon.exe

egui.exe

explorer.exe

alg.exe

ati2evxx.exe

iexplore.exe

svchost.exe

System

System Idle Process SYSTEM

these are the ones that can be disabled in startup. btw, do not run ym if you're doing a speed test.

can you possibly post your Canopy AP Eval page?  :smiley:

I don't run YM during speed test. I've already disabled the other programs on startup using winpatrol. Here's my canopy AP Evaluation page:

Tools => AP Evaluation

Canopy Lite - 5.7GHz - Subscriber Module - 0a-00-3e-f5-bf-08

AP List

Current entry index: 2

Index: 0 Frequency: 5755.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8b-44

Jitter: 2 RSSI: 312 Power Level: -80 Beacon Count: 4 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 2008 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 151 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 21

Frequency: 5755 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 1 Frequency: 5755.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-1a-26

Jitter: 4 RSSI: 279 Power Level: -80 Beacon Count: 4 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 1739 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 139 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 71

Frequency: 5755 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 2 Frequency: 5795.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8b-b7

Jitter: 3 RSSI: 502 Power Level: -76 Beacon Count: 6 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 1 Range: 5194 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 289 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 152 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 49

Frequency: 5795 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 3 Frequency: 5835.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8b-85

Jitter: 9 RSSI: 189 Power Level: -82 Beacon Count: 1 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

FrameNumber: 528 SectorID: 3 Color Code: 153 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 13

Frequency: 5835 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Here's a speed test that I've done at 8:00 a.m. Again, it's a bit fine because it's still early but as soon as it reaches 9:00 a.m it's really slow.

share2-1UW4ZARO5

I hope you can help me more with this information. Thanks :)

so you're on color code 152 w/c has:

RSSI: 502

Range: 5194 feet

SectorUserCount: 49

you have low RSSI because you are very far from your base station. plus, you are sharing the same access point with 49 users at this early time of the day and probably more during peak hours.

that's the culprit of your slow connection. don't tweak anymore, the problem is not in your pc.

i suggest you find out if there's another base station (smart cellsite) nearest you. if there is, call smartbro customer service at *1888 right away and request for a rehoming.

:smiley:

i suggest you find out if there's another base station (smart cellsite) nearest you. if there is, call smartbro customer service at *1888 right away and request for a rehoming.

:smiley:

How would I know if there's another basestation near our area? If I call SmartBro do you think they will lie if I ask if there'a another basestation? If I ask and request for a rehoming, will they decline? What if they ask me why I want to have a rehoming? What should I tell them? Sorry if I have alot of questions. Thanks.

simple. try to look for another smart cellsite in your area.

if they ask you, tell them that you know that your antenna is currently beamed to a base station which is too far away.

during rehoming, they will:

- point or redirect your antenna to another smart tower (base station)

- re-register your site information in that base station, and

- find the appropriate color code.

simple. try to look for another smart cellsite in your area.

if they ask you, tell them that you know that your antenna is currently beamed to a base station which is too far away.

during rehoming, they will:

- point or redirect your antenna to another smart tower (base station)

- register your account there, and

- find the appropriate color code. 

How long does a rehoming usually take? Will I lose connection while they're doing that?

it depends on the availability of the contractor's technical staff. yes you will lose connection but not long. it will take at least an hour.

ok. I'm currently talking to someone from Smartbro. She's really pissing me off :knuppel2:

They had me perform some unneccessary troubleshooting steps and even wanted to test my connection from 2wire.com  :idiot2:

She said that she has "escalated" my concern and that my request for "rehoming" is still subject for approval :tickedoff:

She also wanted me to monitor my connection if there are any changes, I asked her how I will find out if my request has been approved, she said that I'll notice the changes in my connection if the support group finds out that there's no problem then they won't do anything about it. What now?  :angry:

ok. I'm currently talking to someone from Smartbro. She's really pissing me off :knuppel2:

They had me perform some unneccessary troubleshooting steps and even wanted to test my connection from 2wire.com  :idiot2:

She said that she has "escalated" my concern and that my request for "rehoming" is still subject for approval :tickedoff:

She also wanted me to monitor my connection if there are any changes, I asked her how I will find out if my request has been approved, she said that I'll notice the changes in my connection if the support group finds out that there's no problem then they won't do anything about it. What now?  :angry:

the easiest way is to call them more often. tip: when in  *1888, press 1 for new applications so that you will not wait too long before they answer your call.

the easiest way is to call them more often. tip: when in  *1888, press 1 for new applications so that you will not wait too long before they answer your call.

What do you think they'll do about it? They didn't even get my phone number. How will they inform me if a rehoming will be done? It just gets slower every minute  :roll:

2:31 p.m

share2-1SIYJ3CR2