How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

umm, that's the problem.. i dunno where it came from. my cuz just gave that to me. maybe you could search for it in PC shops or something.

@derek

you mean they're actually "babes"?  :shock:

That's what I am asking.  There were some with nice voices ahahaha :2funny:

:haha:

a nice voice is a requirement for that kind of job.

i thought you were referring to something else  :buck2:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh, and voice can be deceiving.. LOL  :haha:

What something else? There's a police guarding me here... haha...:police:  I told her to sleep more since it's still early.. but she refused and guarded me instead while I am surfing the web... LOL

hello guys!

i just ran the both the speed tests and here's what i got:

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 379 Kbps about 0.38 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 46 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 358 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 44 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/03/04 - 2:54am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CHQFA6M1O

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0XWMK1BLA

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2) [!]

for me, that's pretty much enough but i still have some questions:

just like everyone else here i was wondering if there was still any way that i can have a faster connection..  :azn:

i already did the tweaks that were mentioned in the previous pages especially on the first one but i noticed something, the first time i logged in that was like two days ago, the sustained uplink / downlink data rate = 256 and the uplink / downlink burst allocation = 1000 i think but i did nothing yet because i thought i should read more first, but i just logged in the canopy earlier and the sustained uplink / downlink data rate was already at 500 and the uplink / downlink burst allocation = 1500, so i did not do anything anymore and just saved it and rebooted it but when it came back it was at 256 and 1000 again, and just for the heck of it it relogged in again and that time it was at 3500! i tried 5 more times and everytime i go to the configuration page (QoS) it changes, so i just saved it on 500 again and posted here... any ideas whats goin on?

also if i have the system idle for some time, sometimes just even 10mins and not doing anything on the internet, it drops the connection and i have to disable and reenable the LAN connections to make it work again, this was happening ever since we susbcribed and i thought that it was just because it was our old pc but now it is connected to a totally new and different system, it was still doing it.. any suggestions?

sorry if i am asking for too much, and thanks in advance for the replies!  :grin:

hello guys!

i just ran the both the speed tests and here's what i got:

::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 379 Kbps about 0.38 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 46 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 358 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 44 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/03/04 - 2:54am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CHQFA6M1O

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0XWMK1BLA

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2)

for me, that's pretty much enough but i still have some questions:

just like everyone else here i was wondering if there was still any way that i can have a faster connection..  :azn:

i already did the tweaks that were mentioned in the previous pages especially on the first one but i noticed something, the first time i logged in that was like two days ago, the sustained uplink / downlink data rate = 256 and the uplink / downlink burst allocation = 1000 i think but i did nothing yet because i thought i should read more first, but i just logged in the canopy earlier and the sustained uplink / downlink data rate was already at 500 and the uplink / downlink burst allocation = 1500, so i did not do anything anymore and just saved it and rebooted it but when it came back it was at 256 and 1000 again, and just for the heck of it it relogged in again and that time it was at 3500! i tried 5 more times and everytime i go to the configuration page (QoS) it changes, so i just saved it on 500 again and posted here... any ideas whats goin on?

also if i have the system idle for some time, sometimes just even 10mins and not doing anything on the internet, it drops the connection and i have to disable and reenable the LAN connections to make it work again, this was happening ever since we susbcribed and i thought that it was just because it was our old pc but now it is connected to a totally new and different system, it was still doing it.. any suggestions?

sorry if i am asking for too much, and thanks in advance for the replies!  :grin:

in the home page of your canopy, what name is listed there? is it yours? because sometimes, the cause of inconsistent settings in QoS, is that the canopy is not yours. this happened to me long time ago before my connection was upgraded to WR512.

i think that is the answer..?  :undecided:

@becman

i have a power supply like that from my broken enclosure,,can i use it??

thnxXx

yup. now all you need is the USB for the HD. let me know if you got one and where you found it. where do you live by the way? (me, para

@becman

im in pampanga

im a transferee student here but originally im from nueva vizcaya,.,

ok ill let you know,,but i will still get the power supply in nueva vizcaya this coming holy week because i left it there hehe,.,

@kerbykerby

dream theater rocks,.,.

wow! another DT fan here! thats great!!!!

@becman

im in pampanga

im a transferee student here but originally im from nueva vizcaya,.,

ok ill let you know,,but i will still get the power supply in nueva vizcaya this coming holy week because i left it there hehe,.,

@kerbykerby

dream theater rocks,.,.

oh i see. yes please.

...and Petrucci rocks! :headbang:

i just noticed a boost in my speed after the strong rain yesterday//LOL,, when i dwnload it always go up to 200kb/ps wow nice,,,,im downloading guitar hero 3 for pc ,cant wait for it to finish

:haha: oh no you're not gonna wish for rain to come more often. it'll be bad news for those in floody areas  :knuppel2: