How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

@ lexftw  :welcome:

you can post a test result so others can help you.  :grin2:

1. do a speed test (use any test size you want)

2. go to the bottom of the result page and hit "click here"

3. copy/paste the code on your next post

just wait for the guys to help you out. (i'm no good at this)

thanks  :smile2:

here's my test speed(i already posted it on the Post your speed forum topic, too)

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 107 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 13 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/03/06 - 6:17am

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 78.77 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 7.406 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 34.41 % of your hosts average (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-DF7Q6YCMT

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2)

:buck2:

Index: 0 Frequency: 5755.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-1a-26

Jitter: 5 RSSI: 341 Power Level: -82 Beacon Count: 7 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 49 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 139 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 152

Frequency: 5755 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 1 Frequency: 5755.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8b-44

Jitter: 6 RSSI: 340 Power Level: -82 Beacon Count: 1 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 332 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 151 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 43

Frequency: 5755 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 2 Frequency: 5795.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8b-b7

Jitter: 2 RSSI: 619 Power Level: -76 Beacon Count: 6 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 2 Range: 5194 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 645 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 152 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 86

Frequency: 5795 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 3 Frequency: 5835.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8b-85

Jitter: 5 RSSI: 305 Power Level: -83 Beacon Count: 10 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

FrameNumber: 864 SectorID: 3 Color Code: 153 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 30

Frequency: 5835 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

your connection to color code 152 is the answer why you have slow speed. the RSSI is not that high but you are sharing it with 86 users  :shock: that solves the mystery.

Guest aneljr009

HELP...I can't see the secong ip address after typing arp -a in the command prompt in accessing canopy although I've already changed my IP to 10.20.30.40 and 255.0.0.0................ewan

your connection to color code 152 is the answer why you have slow speed. the RSSI is not that high but you are sharing it with 86 users  :shock: that solves the mystery.

i already askedthem to go to our place but all they did was add more height to my antenna. They did not do a rehoming because according to them, the other basestation is already congested. What should I do now? :(

i already asked them to go to our place but all they did was add more height to my antenna. They did not do a rehoming because according to them, the other basestation is already congested. What should I do now? :( 

that must have helped for a clearer line of sight for your antenna to the base station. email smartbro and encourage them to upgrade to WR512 to suffice the already congested access points in your base station.

oh btw, ive seen in your other post you said as the day's up your speed becomes slower like dial up. that's not entirely correct. usually dial up users can get only as much as 48 kbps max speed, average is 40. if you get that kind of speed for smartbro, that will be awful.

:smiley:

this is my internet connection speed when tweakings (cablenut and tcp) are erased/restored to normal/deleted.

share2-WD2PKCVIL

much better i think.

when i have tweaked my connection, it went into fluctuations. sometimes went slow or very slow, but not satisfactory as considered as fast..i think so. :)

p.s. this is my 15th month of being a smartbro-ken subscriber.

that must have helped for a clearer line of sight for your antenna to the base station. email smartbro and encourage them to upgrade to WR512 to suffice the already congested access points in your base station.

oh btw, ive seen in your other post you said as the day's up your speed becomes slower like dial up. that's not entirely correct. usually dial up users can get only as much as 48 Kbps max speed, average is 40. if you get that kind of speed for smartbro, that will be awful.

:smiley:

actually, i get that speed prolly 5-10% of the time i am online...

and average is 100kbps..

i emailed them once, they called me back, told me to check my speed at speedtest.net(remove if unnecessary, sorry), then to my surprise, i got good results.

so there wasnt a problem for some time, but the damned slow speed returned again after a few weeks  :cry2:

I'm thinking about emailing them again, but i got a feeling that the same thing will happen again.. :icon_pale:

i tried doing this tweaking thing, but got no improvement whatsoever..

hmm, something weird is going on in the AP im connected to. normally my jitter only ranges from 2 to 4, but now it spikes up to 9. anyone had this problem before? i don't want to contact their customer support if i don't have to.

sure hope it's just an upgrade.

can't I just call them and request for it? Does it really have to be an email? What's their email address?

they respond to emails more quickly than thru their hotline. emails are printed and can be referred to the appropriate technical department, while phone conversations are recorded. imagine how many recordings they have to listen before the technical department hears your compaint. yes, the csr makes the report, its a long process tho :wink:

smartbro email ad: [email protected]