How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Please help me I want to boost my net.. please sir CB help me..this is the result ive got after i test my net :cry2: :cry2:

::::::::::.. testmy.net test results ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 77 Kbps about 0.08 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 9 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 160 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 20 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/03/28 - 11:09pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-HN3Q5GVWI

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-PCO2WLBIH

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13

are you on smartbro? may I request you to post a screenshot of your task manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) showing the running processes? let's start from there.  :smiley:

Good day sir coolbuster... please help me because i cant seem to understand the step no. 10.Know your TCP Receive Window (RWIN) values, write down the values for "scale factor of 8" and "scale factor of 4".

please kindly explain how can i compute for my rwin values.. im a newbie, hehe.. and please also try to give comments about my canopy settings, AP evaluation, and tcp analyzer result..What should i do with the CIR bandwidth settings? should i leave it blank or what? attached are my tcp analyzer result, AP evaluation, and canopy QoS settings..

i am a smartbro-ken subscriber for almost 2 years.. i usually have 350 kbps average connection speed and i want to try the 20 steps tweak..

oh, and btw, i found out that my max throughput is 7mbps aggregate from my canopy home page, should i be expecting great improvements because of this info?

any help from you and other members will be highly appreciated.. thanks and best regards..

this is my task manager/.. im using smart bro plan 999

taskmanager.jpg

i'm sorry to inform you bro but irsetup.exe is taking up your CPU at 81%.

here's some findings about it.

irsetup.exe

Component Name: irsetup.exe

Description of irsetup.exe

This is a component of  Spyware Vanisher. Spyware Vanisher is a Trojan disguised as an anti-spyware application. It installs stealthily onto a user's system, advertises aggressively, has a low detection rate, and produces false positives that may goad the user into purchasing the application.

Recommendation for irsetup.exe

It is recommended that your remove this software from your computer to secure your system from suspected applications that might threaten system security.

another one:

irsetup.exe - Here is the scoop on lolok trojan as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is irsetup.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of lolok trojan?

irsetup.exe (lolok trojan) - Details

If irsetup.exe is running on your pc, your pc may be infected with a trojan that goes by the name of lolok.

irsetup.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag lolok trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

lolok trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of irsetup.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

i suggest you uninstall also DAP = download accelerator plus for your pc's sake.

please help i need some more information and criticisms with my smartbroken... especially with the step no. 10

@coolbuster

sir i cant view the hey.jpg attachment.. file not found..

@ianonline

1mbps aggre.. but you have nice speeds.. is that a product of tweaking using cablenut?

16.) In the "DefaultReceiveWindow" box, change the current value to the value you wrote for "scale factor of 8"

17.) In the "DefaultSendWindow" box, change the current value to the value you wrote for "scale factor of 4"

@CB what does it mean scale factor of 8 i have in my "DefaultReceiveWindow" 22656

and "DefaultSendWindow" 5120 dont know what to do

remember the procedures

8.) Go back to http://www.j79zlr.com/cablenutXP2k.php

9.)Click TCP/IP Analyzer

10.) Know your TCP Receive Window (RWIN) values, write down the values for "scale factor of 8" and "scale factor of 4".

jot the values down, did you?

15.) Open the CableNut setting you saved on your desktop.

16.) In the "DefaultReceiveWindow" box, change the current value to the value you wrote for "scale factor of 8"

17.) In the "DefaultSendWindow" box, change the current value to the value you wrote for "scale factor of 4".

good luck and may you read very very carefully the steps so you will not be lost.

:smiley:

hey guys,

i just wanted to ask if it's still applicable up to date the possibility of seeing other computers connected to the AP on where you are connected to?

i have read about it somewhere, i just can't recall.. can anyone clarify or guide me how to do it? i'm not into hacking, but it's fun to see other computers who are virtually connected.

just a thought :)

wouldn't that be a violation of other people's privacy??

hey momma T, nice to see you here in our neighborhood. Makes me feel safe. Momma is watching over us..

anyway, the way I understand it is that you are only able to see the IP address but you won't be able to see nor access the inside of the computer. It's just like knowing how many pc's are connected in that particular access point. it's not a violation of privacy because as i see it, other people can do that as well and at the same time they can see my pc too,

they said this is the nature of WAN, and since Smartbro is an example of WAN (if im not mistaken) then i might as well know how to do this, i tried netscan but it only shows my PC on the list, so I was thinking that i might be missing something...

thanks and i hope to know soon..

hi there mr. CoolBuster i also have some problems with my connection before my constant connection is ranging from 350 to 370 Kbps the last time ive done this is way back on march 2008 but now my connection are only getting only a low of 40Kbps to the high of 190Kbps and ive tried your 20 ways btw im a windows vista user with amd 64 athlonX2 1GB ram and of course a smartbro plan 999 subscriber and also to add that im using a laptop as a pc anyways here's my connection speed

share2-7ITE80QB2

i hope you can help me with my connection

ei guys I'm new here in the forum and i read all of your tips on how my smart broken to speed up!

and try doing it but it doest work I'm experiencing low net connection for almost 2months now.. can anybody help me to boost up my net connection??   

my net speed D: 8kbps and U:0.1kbps tooo slow huhuhuhu im i think im wasting money on my connection by the way im from bulacan..

Question:  doest it affect if there are too many smartbro antennas around my location does it affect my connection speed??