How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

any way I can prevent my lag spikes from coming?

you see, Im actually satisfied with just having 30ish kbps download speed, but the fact that my connection fluctuates, which causes the unneccessary lag spikes really bugs me.. :buck2:

lag spikes meaning when I play online games, for example, for every 30 seconds or so, I get at least a 1-2 seconds lag spike...

Tried observing also while downloading a program, same goes, from 40kbps, it goes down to 20 then goes back up again, and it also happens w/in a few seconds...

so that's where I found out that the connection is the problem..

I tried the tweaking, but the lag spikes are still imminent, so I just system restored my desktop to regain old OS or w/e settings..

help!

Guest adz1922

Thank you sir, I am now getting speeds of 50KBps... but when should I return the color code to 21?? What if smart bro knew that I changed it?? how do i get 50KBPs on bitcomet?? I only get about 35-43KBps downloads.. And also why do my upload speed run up to 70KBps but my dl speed just 50KBps??

@coolbuster

boss, which is better to use? smartbro proxies or open dns? i have been faithful to your blog (hehe) since i tried the tweaks you have posted there where i found out about how to use open dns. and oh you have a very nice and helpful posts there, most of them, or should i say all of the tweaks really works.. thanks.. the tweaks reduced my smartbro-ken problems.. hehe.. my problem is my connection slows down when using both at the same time... my connection speed averages from 300-450kbps using either proxy or open dns alone, but when i use both at the same time, i always get lower test results from my average speeds.. im confused.. do proxies affect DL speed? how about the open dns? what are the differences of the two? sorry for too much asking, just wanna learn, but please help me..

btw anyone here experienced the same thing? or have tried both at the same time? what speeds did you guys got?

thank you very much..

best regards...

attached are my speeds using both proxy and open dns at the same time (1st test result), using open dns alone (2nd test result), and not using proxy and open dns (3rd test result)..

share2-4HZYF28JE

share2-TKICGM165

share2-OFKPSCZRH

here's how to  [sNIP] 

Please do not post links to personal sites, thank you

ok my fault. (hey i have a link to TMN in my blog to help promote this site...altho unsolicited so...ok.)

hmmmm. anyways, so since its not allowed i will just repost this entry from my blog here.

How to Optimize BitComet?

"Download old version BitComet 0.79 (coz newer versions suck!). Install then go to Preferences.

Connection/General Settings:

> Global Max Download Rate: 48 kB/s (9AM-10PM); [No Limit] (10PM-8AM).

> Global Max Upload Rate: 30 kB/s

Task Schedule

> Max simultaneous download tasks number: 10

> Auto start new task if download rate less than: [No Limit] kB/s

Listen Port

> Choose any port between 64000 to 68999

Task

> Check 'Allocate disk space before downloading'

> Check 'Add .bc! file extension to unfinished file'

> Check 'Delete 0 byte files when delete task'

> Uncheck all other boxes

BT Task

> Keep default

HTTP/FTP

> Check all boxes

Advanced

> Check boxes except 'Check for updates at program startup'

Connection

> Check all boxes

> Max simultaneous half-open TCP connections: 100

> Protocol encryption (avoid BT protocol blocked): Always

New Half-Open Limit (10-200):

> Type 100

> Check 'Disable the system file protection' then click Apply, OK and close.

Best for SmartBro internet."

Hey coolbuster!

This is a very useful guide, i have a question and I'm not sure if this was already posted as a topic: Is putting a check on:

100 Base T Half Duplex

100 Base T Full Duplex

will have any changes on the speed for SmartBro?

Thanks and more power!!!

Good Day to all.. please help me my connection is so slow.. thanks and more power.. by the way here is my AP eval:

Current entry index: 1

Index: 1 Frequency: 5795.00 MHz ESN:

Jitter: 4 RSSI: 640 Power Level: -75 Beacon Count: 5 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 2 Range: 4214 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 305 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 176 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 105

NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 2 Frequency: 5835.00 MHz ESN:

Jitter: 3 RSSI: 776 Power Level: -71 Beacon Count: 12 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 610 SectorID: 3 Color Code: 177 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 52

Index: 4 Frequency: 5735.00 MHz ESN:

Jitter: 7 RSSI: 464 Power Level: -79 Beacon Count: 1 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 1515 SectorID: 4 Color Code: 154 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 39

Index: 5 Frequency: 5755.00 MHz ESN:

Jitter: 13 RSSI: 404 Power Level: -80 Beacon Count: 1 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 466 SectorID: 4 Color Code: 178 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 67

what do you think seems to be the problem?

I am new here. This is directed primarily to coolbuster, but anybody is welcome to reply if you know the answer.

I've used smartbro(ke) for about 6 months, in a province in Cebu. After applying the 20 step process, I was able to increase my download speed from about 250 kbps to 350. I did this the second month. On March 11, my connection was gone. Sometimes it came back, but very slow like a dialup. CRC errors are 30% + and packet loss is sometimes over 50%. I called Customer service, and they gave me some of the scripted lines they use.

After a week of this BS, I demanded to speak to a supervisor, who told me the base station was having "problems transferring packets" but they could not commit to when it would be fixed, but they were "working on it." After another week (now 14 days total) I demanded to speak to an engineer. They finally lamented and I spoke to one in charge of my area. He denied any base station problem, but stated that they were doin "bandwidth reallocation" and it "may affect my connection" sometimes, but my connection was currently "normal and stable." I strongly disagreed and he finally said he would send a "technician" to my place to check it out.

The "technician" was nothing more than an installer, who knows less about computers than my 14 yo kid. After changing the SM TWICE (I had to show him how to access it!) he threw up his arms and said "I surrender!" I would not let him quit, and told him let me mess with it. I got it working again, but only the same condition it was when he came. He then said the problem was probably my lan card is "bad." LOL!

After another 3 weeks of smartbroke running me in circles, using every lie they can find, some saying the base station was still broke, or they need parts, or nothing is wrong, the connection is STILL the same. Yesterday, level 2 support said they wanted to send the installer again to "verify the problem" AGAIN. I told them that they already had 40 days to "verify" it, and it should already be fixed! I then told them I was going to complain to the NTC and disconnect them if they don't get the damn thing fixed.

Looking at the configuration page of the base station transmitter, I can see that there are only 6 users on my color code, my signal is 600+ and my jitter is 2. The only other color code in use has 15 users, the signal is only 200 and the jitter is 10+. So I am sure I'm on the right one. In addition, I am 800 meters away from the tower, with a very clear, unobstructed view of the antenna.

The only possibilities I can think of are these:

1. They are too stupid to figure out how to fix the problem or even know what the problem is

2. They know damned well what the problem is, but don't want to spend the money to fix it because too few users on this station to justify the cost

3. They caused the problem themselves by screwing with the bandwidth allocation, making incorrect settings or beta testing new throttling techniques on our little station

Sorry this story has become so long, I will cut it short now. My question is, what technique (software / hardware) are they using for the new "bandwith allocaion" they just did here? Because I believe the 3rd possibility, above, is the one making the problem. I think because they don't have enough bandwidth to go around as it is, they are trying to "borrow" it during times it is not used. I think this because sometimes the connection is very good, 300+ kbps, but then suddenly flatlines. Then you must reload the speedtest page to try again. Most times it timesout like that, but when it does complete, download is about 60 to 150 and upload is over 200. Upload is ALWAYS higher. Pinging the gateway, DNS , smartbro.net, yahoo etc give a 10% or 15% timed out, intermittently.

I checked with others who have  smartbro here, and they ALL are having the same problem, so I know it's a base station or network problem. I also have 4 computers, they all give the same result, but work fine on DSL

Thanks for bearing with me, and I appreciate any assistance

Craig

@iesnes 

bro we have the same problem...I am also a newly instaled smartbroken costumer with the same problem as you have..

my AP eval is good with RRSI of 600+ and Jitter of 3-5..upload is bigger than download..grrrr "i hope its the other way around"Sometimes i have 350 kbps DL but mostly 15kbps DL,i only get 350kbs at 2 am - 4 am when im sure im the only subscriber using it.since there are only 7 of us here.

i keep calling CS but they always say that they are fixing the base station.

i tried all the tweaks here but nothing realy works because of the interminent connection.

well we have the same conlusion ..maybe they limit the bandwith when the base station only have small subscriber...But still im expecting this to be fixed...its the only isp i can get here in my remote area...

tnx

Hi. I've been reading lots of posts here and I bet it would be helpful for me to join since I badly need help.

My internet connection is so down. I've been running like two times faster than dial up.

I've done the canopy tweaking but unfortunately it didn't help. I was thinking of changing the color codes but I have no idea how.

Anyone please help me? :cry:

Here's my AP list

Current entry index: 2

Index: 0 Frequency: 5735.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-36-5c

Jitter: 5 RSSI: 418 Power Level: -79 Beacon Count: 24 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 897 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 37 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 61

NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 54 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 1 Frequency: 5785.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-36-02

Jitter: 6 RSSI: 401 Power Level: -79 Beacon Count: 1 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 1688 SectorID: 3 Color Code: 42 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 120

Index: 2 Frequency: 5815.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-ff-11-b6

Jitter: 4 RSSI: 439 Power Level: -78 Beacon Count: 21 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 1 Range: 5194 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 445 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 35 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 48

NumULHalfSlots: 17 NumDLHalfSlots: 52 NumULContSlots: 6

Index: 3 Frequency: 5840.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-33-bf

Jitter: 7 RSSI: 364 Power Level: -80 Beacon Count: 7 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 0

FrameNumber: 1450 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 36 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 135

NumULHalfSlots: 17 NumDLHalfSlots: 52 NumULContSlots: 6

Hello guys,

I am a newly registered member here from Zamboanga City, Mindanao.

I am a Smart Broken user too =(

I have almost read the entire thread, lolz. I learned a lot, like how to acces my canopy. =)

I hope you guys can help me because my internet speed is really slow, its like almost dial-up speed.

I have a question though. I try to change the color code of my connection but it surprises me that I get no connection everytime i change my color code. However though, everytime I bring back my color code to 37 I get my connection back. Is there a method on how to correctly change the color code? I think I might doing the wrong thing when I tried to change them earlier. I also noticed that "Current entry Index: 0" Can I change the index to say 3 or to five.. where there is lesser users?

Thanks in advance to people who might help me.

I'm really hopeless already...

Thanks again!

Here is my AP eveluation:

Current entry index: 0

Index: 0 Frequency: 5735.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8c-9e

Jitter: 1 RSSI: 944 Power Level: -61 Beacon Count: 12 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 4312 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

FrameNumber: 44 SectorID: 1 Color Code: 37 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 49

NumULHalfSlots: 17 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 1 Frequency: 5775.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8c-b6

Jitter: 4 RSSI: 604 Power Level: -76 Beacon Count: 12 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 141 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 38 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 41

Index: 2 Frequency: 5775.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8c-af

Jitter: 3 RSSI: 549 Power Level: -78 Beacon Count: 6 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 364 SectorID: 5 Color Code: 41 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 35

NumULHalfSlots: 16 NumDLHalfSlots: 52 NumULContSlots: 3

Index: 3 Frequency: 5775.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8c-bf

Jitter: 5 RSSI: 278 Power Level: -83 Beacon Count: 1 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 2035 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 32 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 23

Index: 4 Frequency: 5795.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f7-bd-b2

Jitter: 4 RSSI: 365 Power Level: -82 Beacon Count: 6 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 229 SectorID: 2 Color Code: 134 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 137

Index: 5 Frequency: 5815.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-8c-bb

Jitter: 6 RSSI: 255 Power Level: -84 Beacon Count: 2 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

FrameNumber: 1238 SectorID: 6 Color Code: 42 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 43

NumULHalfSlots: 16 NumDLHalfSlots: 52 NumULContSlots: 3