How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Hey guys i recently reformatted my two laptops. I had a good connection but why is it takes too long to stream youtube vids? Even though my connection before is the same as now. Please help me on this!!! thanks in advance..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 400 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 507 kB)

Download Speed is:: 49 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/05/16 - 11:09pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 20.9 sec

Tested from a 507 kB file and took 10.391 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 96.62 % of your hosts average (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-C34ALTRES

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

yeah, that would surely ring a bell for them.. the process is actually long, you need to atleast have a series of call saying that your having a problem.. i've been calling them since march and may is going to end soon and no rebate yet.. but i wont stop until they will give me one..

but i wont stop until they will give me one..

i don't know... if one can be given a rebate, and hundreds (maybe even thousands) of unsatisfied SBro subscribers learns about this....... :?::?: :?:  it's unlikely that you'll be given one... but we'll see. [nerdly]

BTW, i thought you have some kind of internal affairs w/ them (uncle?)? why not pull some strings or something?

share2-X1JHCY3BM

:grin2:

lol, my uncle is in the operations, and its way way way far from the billing department.

but yeah, i received a call this afternoon from the CS and they said the rebate will only be 300 pesos.. it's okay at least all i have to pay is 600 for this month. hehe.

guys help plz....i followed the instructions on how to boost my connections but when i change my canopy and stat save changes it doesn't change. plz help me bout this...

changing canopy settings may or may not change the speed that you are getting. go with the 20 steps thing by CB and forget about the canopy. good luck!

i believe that coolbuster has some sort of hybrid smartbro connection called smart 3G network that he uses on his cellphone...so his speeds aren't really smartbro wifi

i think (i could be totally wrong on this) ...that's what's showing when he tests and gets those high scores...

so i guess if u want his speeds ditch the setup on ur roof and buy a cellphone...i could be wrong on that too...maybe u still need the antenna (er...canopy...huh?)

you are absolutely correct momma t.

i refrained from speed testing thru my regular smartbro connection because everytime i do it, tmn resets. i don't know why its happening.

my smartbro speed goes a zoom zoom zoom yet tmn fails to give me a test result.

instead i opted to do speed tests thru my smart 3G phone and there's the result as afore-posted.

can you see the difference?

i can't see that u've attempted any test with ur smartbro connection this year...we were on a bad server...well in a bad data center...not a bad server...anyway new server now...new data center...

all these folks were probably thinking that they could somehow get the speeds that u get, thinking that u were testing with smartbro...

we're on a new server u should try testing again :smiley: ...and show these folks what u get with ur smartbro connection...and then show what u get wth ur 3G thingy :)

that's what i'm sayin ovayea (that's my ny accent...did ya hear it??)

i can't see that u've attempted any test with ur smartbro connection this year...we were on a bad server...well in a bad data center...not a bad server...anyway new server now...new data center...

all these folks were probably thinking that they could somehow get the speeds that u get, thinking that u were testing with smartbro...

we're on a new server u should try testing again :smiley: ...and show these folks what u get with ur smartbro connection...and then show what u get wth ur 3G thingy :)

that's what i'm sayin ovayea (that's my ny accent...did ya hear it??)

loud & clear momma t  :smitten:

here's the matrix showing results of my speed tests:

http://www.testmy.net/tools/database/db_search.php?type=user&q=coolbuster

the ISP 99.74 is my regular smartbro until april 15, 2008 while 18.241 is the 3G thingy right thereafter.

and oh lately the attached image is what i get during regular smartbro tests  :sad:

u must need to take down ur firewall to test...huh?

i saw all the 99.74 tests but that's not a regular smartbro connection is it?...some sort of proxy? maybe ur friends here need that connection

hi zbcounter :hello: copy and paste ur results from the little window below ur text results like this...

share-N4WD5G3S7

or this...

share2-N4WD5G3S7

helps everyone to see the full picture...so someone can help you

and welcome :welcome: to the testmy.net forums...enjoy yourself and come back often

Ok, ok... well I'm new here and I hope that this is on the right topic...

I am a smart bro subscriber for almost three years now, and I don't have much to complain about their service... well until now.

My canopy antenna was replaced because tech people said that its broken for I was experiencing limited connection for 3 days regularly between 10 am to 10 pm...

I just noticed that after replacing my canopy antenna, my connection became slow. So I started looking for solutions and it led me here. I checked my canopy settings already... (ok i'll check it again now.) These are my AP eval values...

Index: 0 Frequency: 5735.0 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f1-9a-b3

Jitter: 1 RSSI: 1164 Power Level: -51 Beacon Count: 15 BRcvW: 1 DFS: 0 FEC: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 735 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 112 SectorID: 4 Color Code: 76 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 25

Frequency: 5735 NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

The settings in the quality of service is already the same with the tweaks I've seen here.

I also did coolbuster's 20 steps (thanks bro)...

miraculously it gave me a 400+ connection... for just a few minutes I guess... and now I always get values lower than 100.

I've been in front of the pc the whole day today just to figure it out.

Hope someone there can help me with this. Thanks a lot.

ive called smartbro cs time and again, they always tell me they will send somebody here (1 week tom and nobody showed up) and im very frustrated with the way they treat their CUSTOMERS.

i lost my patience and the wife already applied for globelines broadband (am very thankful there is a slot available now).

smartbro techs that always come to visit me ruined my roof, and my ceiling which costs me a lot.

now i have the roof repaired and the ceiling new, i wont let them up my roof again, if they want thier canopy, ill dismantle it myself.demn! smartbro sux!

btw this is my speed as of now...

share2-2JSUVKOPE

now can somebody tell me if this worth what im paying? its worst than dialup.

ive done the tweaks coolbusters and the tcp optimizer thing, it gave me 500-600+ dl speeds BUT it slows my dl speed, disconnect me in an online game, even yahoo mesgr disconnects.