How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  :laugh: I need help about my connection. here is my AP results:

AP List Current entry index: 0

Index: 0 Frequency: 5835.00 MHz ESN: 0a-00-3e-f2-18-84 Region: Other

Jitter: 5 Power Level: -55 dB Beacon Count: 27 BRcvW: 1 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 1 Range: 2009 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 1644 SectorID: 3 Color Code: 15 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 79

NumULHalfSlots: 17 NumDLHalfSlots: 53 NumULContSlots: 6

SM PPPoE: Not Supported

Ugly right? for some reason, i can't change my color code, if i would change it, i will not be able to connect to the internet. Please help. :undecided:

• 1 month later...

Can i ask a something.. its for Broad Band?

cause when i type the 169.254.1.1 into adrdess bar then i click the configuration i see on the top of the page this ---->

5.7GHz - Subscriber Module - 0a-00-3e-f5-62-6e No valid accounts configured. Using default user account . its still ok or i need to not continue the configure?

thank you

and hope help me how to speed up my connection.. thank you..

share2-7BTODS082

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guyz need ko po ng help. sa sobra ko kalikot nai pagopen ko kc ng config sa canopy na-enable ko ung NAT den nai-save at nareboot ko na rin after non di n ako makaaccess sa 169.254.1.1, block na ba antenna ko? pls help pano ko ibalik sa dati

You'll get more answers if you spek the foeum language, English :)

i mean i already tweak my smartbro and it works but since i want to explore more in canopy page i try enable DHCP and NAT, after i reboot i try to go back in canopy configuration page but now cant access to the canopy page. is my canopy antenna blocked? pls i need help how to open the page.

i mean i already tweak my smartbro and it works but since i want to explore more in canopy page i try enable DHCP and NAT, after i reboot i try to go back in canopy configuration page but now cant access to the canopy page. is my canopy antenna blocked? pls i need help how to open the page.

So many smart bro users enable DHCP , and lose there connection instantly, I wonder why there is no warning of this. You have lost the Ip address that had been programmed into your network adapter.

Go into the network adapter and click on properties, then to  (TCP/IP) put 169.254.3.3 Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0, then goto internet explorer / firefox whatever, and put 169.254.1.1 in the address bar , this may or may not work, depending on if you changed it in the canopy or not. If nothing seems to work, you can try this method.

WARNING: During the process, you will be disconnected from the internet, but of course you'll be able to get back afterwards. So I suggest you copy and paste this tutorial on Notepad for a safer reference.

Part 1: Configuring the LAN Setting

Follow the steps carefully:

1. Go to Control Panel, and then onto Network Connections. You should see your Local Area Connection. Right click on it and click Properties.

2. A new window pops-up, which says "Local Area Connection Properties". On the General tab, there should be a box which contains a list with checkboxes beside them. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Double click it.

3. Another window pops-out. It says "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties" and you should be on the General tab. There are two options there enabled by default: Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.

Now read these carefully:

* Click on Use the following IP address option. Enter these data:

* IP address: 10.20.30.40

* Subnet mask: 255.0.0.0

* Default gateway: leave it blank

* Click on Use the following DNS Server addresses:

* Preferred DNS server: leave it blank

* Alternate DNS server: leave it blank

* After you entered correctly all the data, press Ok.

4. You are back at the Local Area Connection Properties window. Press Ok to apply the changes. Wait for a moment for the changes to take effect. By this time you will be disconnected from the internet. But dont worry, you'll be able to be back of course (just refer to PART 4 to know how to get back to the internet).

PART 2: The Canopy IP Address Quest

Now you need to know your Canopy IP Address. There are two ways, as follows:

Safe Method:

o Go to Start -> Run -> cmd.exe. On the command promt, type arp -a (take note of the space after the word arp).The command prompt will display several IP addresses. Example:

C:Documents and Settingsgiluk_no_jutsu>arp -a

Interface: 10.20.30.40 --- 0x2

Internet Address Physical Address Type

10.0.0.1 0a-00-3e-f7-de-2d dynamic

10.247.222.45 0a-00-3e-f7-de-2d dynamic

So my Canopy IP Address would be 10.247.222.45.

PART 3: Into the Forbidden Domain we Hack!

Note: Make sure you have done the set-up on Part 1 before proceeding.

1. Open your web browser and enter your Canopy IP address on the address bar. You will be brought to the Canopy Homepage.

2. On the left side of the Canopy page, you should see a navigation box. Click Configuration.

3. Click on the Quality of Service (QoS) Tab. You should see your Bandwidth Settings. Take a look at your Sustained Uplink Data Rate and Sustained Downlink Data Rate. By default they should be both at 256. See? Those are your default download and upload limits. Kinda sucks right?

4. Alright, so listen well. Change both of the Uplink and Downlink values to 500. Actually you can set the values to any number you like as long as their total would be 1000 (eg: you can have your downlink: 600 and uplink: 400, or you can have downlink: 700 and uplink: 300). However, The recommended value for both uplink and downlink rates is both at 500. So I suggest you have the recommended value as well. Click the Save Changes button.

5. The screen should say Reboot Required. So press the Reboot button. By this time, your Local Area Connection icon on your tray area (botton-right side of your desktop) should have an X mark on it. Just wait for a while until that X mark disappears. That's it.

PART 4: Getting Back Online

The last thing you need to do is to connect back to the internet.

1. So go back to Control Panel, and then onto Network Connections. You should see your Local Area Connection. Right click on it and click Properties.

2. A new window pops-up, which says "Local Area Connection Properties". On the General tab, there should be a box which contains a list with checkboxes beside them. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see theInternet Protocol (TCP/IP) item. Double click it.

3. Another window pops-out. It says "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties" and you should be on the General tab. Now click on Obtain IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server automatically. Press Ok.

4. You're back at the Local Area Connection Properties window. Again Press Ok. Wait for a moment for the changes to take effect.

sorry to say but i did this already and i still can't open the canopy page. actually i got connected to internet but it's is not my account. before i got this problem i used this steps

and in cmd promt i type "arp -a" and i got a lot of Canopy IP address so i copy all and save, then when i do enable DHCP thats the time i can't open the canopy page and i don't have internet connection so i did this step again but i used the other Canopy IP address "10.247.222.45"  that i copied and try to save actually this is not my Canopy IP address  this Canopy IP address belongs to other subscriber. i don't know how it happen but it works. even i have an internet connection still i want to use my own canopy ip or my antenna.

• 2 weeks later...

this is not working anymore sir.. any updates tech savy people..ahaha

What is it that's not working anymore ?

sorry to say but i did this already and i still can't open the canopy page. actually i got connected to internet but it's is not my account. before i got this problem i used this steps

and in cmd promt i type "arp -a" and i got a lot of Canopy IP address so i copy all and save, then when i do enable DHCP thats the time i can't open the canopy page and i don't have internet connection so i did this step again but i used the other Canopy IP address "10.247.222.45"  that i copied and try to save actually this is not my Canopy IP address  this Canopy IP address belongs to other subscriber. i don't know how it happen but it works. even i have an internet connection still i want to use my own canopy ip or my antenna.

And has there been any progress on this at all, and if you are able to gain access to the canopy, will you post how you went about this.

• 3 weeks later...

i was able to change my DL/UL sustained data rates to 950/50 respectively, but then after a few minutes, it would go back to 800/200. then it reboots itself.

i'm not sure if get it right, but the canopy manual said that the rates can be set by the APs, so maybe the APs are doing this automatic modification of the data rates.

does anyone know about this automatic thingy that my canopy does?

speed test on 800/200:

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 754 Kbps about 0.75 Mbps (tested with 1024 kB)

Download Speed is:: 92 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 192 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 23 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/12/04 - 6:11pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-STM0HDBXQ

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-PW8DLAS34

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 [!]

have you tried doing the override plug? i cant access my canopy too.. i made my ip from local to public and changed some unit settings and i think my canopy has been blocked.. im  trying to find rj-11 with 6 pins but its too hard to find it... and also its very difficult to do the override plug.. my friends say i can short the canopy adapter by using a clip or wire only.. but i think its very risky.. i cant understand what coolbuster meant in his forum " Resetting Canopy Using Router".. I Hope Someone Would Help..

have you tried doing the override plug? i cant access my canopy too.. i made my ip from local to public and changed some unit settings and i think my canopy has been blocked.. im  trying to find rj-11 with 6 pins but its too hard to find it... and also its very difficult to do the override plug.. my friends say i can short the canopy adapter by using a clip or wire only.. but i think its very risky.. i cant understand what coolbuster meant in his forum " Resetting Canopy Using Router".. I Hope Someone Would Help..

try using a router. just plug in the PC lan in to the router, then the canopy's. after that, go to cmd and type in ipconfig /all to see your router's IP. go to the router's access page in your browser by typing in the router's IP in the address bar, it's usually 192.168.1.1 but it differs from router to router.

if you have done it correctly, you may now view the IP addresses that are connected to that router - canopy's IP included.

use the IP address of the canopy you found in the access page of the router to access the canopy's page. then disable the DHCP option, save and reboot.

one thing i could say " SMART BROs ROCK" lol just follow the given instruction thats its!!

now im running almost 1Mb lol sometimes im getting 1.6mb when midnight  :grin: "just look around on the net and u will find the most effective tweak for smartbro  :cheesy:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 805 Kbps about 0.8 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 98 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/12/07 - 8:07am

Bottom Line:: 14X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 10.45 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 10.313 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 125.49 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-D0CMRJFIY

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

THanks for the quick reply , i know what my router's address is, its 192.168.1.1, where can i see the IP's connected, im using Lan Router not a Wifi.  Thanks in advance

is yours a linksys router? mine's of different brand eh.

well, browse thru the navigation menu, maybe something like administration or status. there's gonna be a list of IP addresses connected to your router. it's not that hard to look for since the only ones connected are your PC and the canopy. :]

Hi guys,

The following questions are directed to those who've actually tweaked they canopy settings but soon after, they couldn't access their canopy anymore.

- Did Smart Communications discovered you had access to your canopy? How did they knew about it?

- How did you discover it you no longer had access? Did the message "New settings in your connection have been detected, your account is temporarily deactivated" suddenly appear in your browser?

- Were you still able to activate your account after the incident?

Thanks!

hi guys, I'm a new smart bro subscriber and I cant access the canopy w/ all the instructions given. ( I tried it all ).

the only ip add that comes out is 192.168.224.1, and it cant be accessed. I think they blocked the new canopy nowadays. can someone help? tnx!

• 3 weeks later...
try using a router. just plug in the PC lan in to the router, then thecanopy's. after that, go to cmd and type in ipconfig /all to see yourrouter's IP. go to the router's access page in your browser by typingin the router's IP in the address bar, it's usually 192.168.1.1 but itdiffers from router to router.

plug in the the PC in LAN port then the canopy to.... LAN port or WAN port of the router? if u say in WAN port i found an ip in STATUS connected in Internet which is 192.168.xxx.xxx and in the gateway which is 192.168.x.x where in gateway i found DHCP status is ENABLED and NAT ENABLED. specify how to....

I'm using ASUS RX3041 router...

tnx in advance.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys please help my smartbro connection is unstable, sometimes disconnects due to high jitter. LOS (line o f sight) is partially covered by trees, antenna height is already 30 ft and I'd like to know the most practical solution, preferably DIY, to this problem. I know roughclaw will solve this problem but it's kinda pricy and so I'll just buy one if there's no other solution or just change to globe wimax instead of buying roughclaw. I found one practical solution here, on this thread, it's called stinger made from aluminum sheet but I cannot see diagram or attachments on this page

Post is knda old but if it worked then it will still work now as it is a design for somekind of a "do it yourself" reflector. To those who know or have the design diagrams please please repost it...

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...