How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

yay!!! i'm back online!

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 346 Kbps about 0.35 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 42 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 149 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 18 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/07/14 - 10:26am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-EW42G1S6H

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-829BSLM5C

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 [!]

im from manila..with the speed of 380Kbps (ave), its just like using an internet card (dial-up)..nothing has changed..

hah of course not  :azn: dial-up speed usually is 56 Kbps, isdn 128Kbps, ours is wi-fi of advertised max 384Kbps (your ave: 380Kbps). you are still lucky though.

here's my score today -

share-I49FWG0EV

share-AORFSD07T

@grift3r74

I have also the same experience you have in using the version 2 of Quick Fix.

Everytime i use it to diagnose my connection, there is always the result of only 1 dns functioning among the 3 dns.

Ideally, should the 3 dns be reached by our connection?

Thanks!

I really dont know since I installed quickfix 2.0 only a couple of days ago.. I hope somebody answers our question.. :buck2:

Hey guys I have a question? Can Smartbro reach optimum speeds with just one DNS server functioning well? I've just dloaded Quickfix 2.0 and it seems the DNS servers have problems:

DNS A STATUS: 0% loss

DNS B STATUS: Unreachable

DNS C STATUS: 100% loss

Lately I'm having sluggish speeds.. never exceeding 250+. I understand if its raining hard, but now even if its clear skies, im still having net speed problems. :icon_pale:

Now with the rainy season starting, I'm starting to hate wireless broadband...  :twogun:

Does anybody know the answer? help please... :?: coz I'm still struggling with dial-up speeds for almost 3 days now..

I observed that smartbro dns servers, only the 203.87.128.3 is fuctioning well. According to the tech support, other 2 dns servers may have network congestion that's why always request timed out. I think the other 2 are having technical problems. Although 1 dns server is enough to have a good internet connection, the other 2 are just back up /spare.

In addition to my experience in using version 2 of Quick Fix, i would like to inform you guys that at the first time you run the version 2, you will be notified that your connection is set to static ip and you need to switch it to dynamic.

And after you have done that, you will no longer be able to access your canopy. it will be locked.

I guess it will be better to remain using the older version of QuickFix.

Thanks!

In addition to my experience in using version 2 of Quick Fix, i would like to inform you guys that at the first time you run the version 2, you will be notified that your connection is set to static ip and you need to switch it to dynamic.

And after you have done that, you will no longer be able to access your canopy. it will be locked.

I guess it will be better to remain using the older version of QuickFix.

Thanks!

Im using Quickfix 2 and I wasnt notified about changing connection types.. I can still access my canopy..

Thanks for the warning anyway.

Hello Guys

Recently, a friend of mine accidentally checked the DISABLE button for "Access SM through Lan Card" or something like that and she cannot access her SM anymore.

I suggested that she make a default/override plug.

1) Is there any other way aside from what I suggested?

2) Will she be able to access her SM again if she use her Mac Address even if her case is somehow different?

Honestly, I was not able to open her Canopy using the Mac Address (or I did not figure it out correctly).

Help, anyone? Thanks!

@EKANS

I got some nice apps that might be helpful in addressing your slow internet connection. Check out these links:

https://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

http://www.tune-up.com/products/tuneup-utilities/

I suspect your Canopy configurations is set to 384 kbps max by the tech people who installed your antenna. Make the default/override plug and configure your canopy software as stated in the previous posts. Consider also some helpful suggestions of others in this forum. 

Also, try to check if your canopy antenna is beamed to the smart cellsite. Maybe it needs a little realigning (or I may be wrong).

[glow=red,2,300]Guys, check your LOCAL AREA CONNECTION.

Leche talaga ang SmartBro. Nag-issue sila ng QuickFix version 2 para eventually ma-lock nila ang canopy access natin by turning our static ip address to dynamic ip add and then at the same time para mapalitan nila ang Local Area Connection Speed natin.

Before we used to have 100Mbps local area connection speed, but now check nyo ang lan speed nyo, naka-set na lang siya sa 10Mbps.

Gravity talaga ang SmartBro.

Di ba nila alam na sa gnagawa nila eh ang mga subscibers maghahanap ng mga ways to improve the connection by trying to install speed-up-connection-related softwares and by tweaking the settings and thereby experiment many things that eventually might lead to destroying the efficiency of the connection if not sure of what a user is doing.

[/glow][glow=red,2,300][/glow]

@coolbuster

Thanks for your suggestions.

But since last year, I have been using tune-up utilities and it did not improve my connection. I guess it really has something to do with the network and the basestation you are hooked up with.

I have tried already your cablenut procedures but still not working. I think pag bulok talaga basestation mo, wala ka talaga magagawa.

Hintayin ko na lang matapos siguro contract ko by September para goodbye SmartBroKen.

well thats mean you went through all those times with that service. one thing though with tune up utilities under the optimize internet section to know is that it wont help you optimize, what it does is revert your default rwin value to that of a newly installed OS which is what we tweaked for for an optimal value. other part of the applications are great. doesn't help though with speed.

I respect your comments regarding TuneUp Utilities. I use it as a pre requisite to tweaking. The applications in this software are really useful. Here's the procedure:

1. Tweak your canopy.

2. Use TuneUp Utilities to clean your disk and unwanted registry files, and for system control.

3.  Use this patcher. Download the english version. Here's the link: http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads   

Set the value to 80 or 100 instead of just 8, 10 or 50.

4. Tweak your registry using CableNut.

@coolbuster

I have just tweaked my settings yesterday with the TCPOptimizer and been asked by someone to wait 72 hrs for its effect to take place.

I just would like to ask if i still need to apply the patch you suggested in your link.

The patch, will it not create any conflict with the TCPOptimizer?

Thanks!

I have to break my silence now..

I've been monitoring this thread for 2 weeks now and I've tried all the tweaks that the mods and you guys are saying and yet no improvement, I'm not saying that your tweaks don't work.I guess the base station here really sucks..(guiguinto area)

Right now I'm my AP evaluation shows a different values compare to my General status of my canopy :2funny:..I guess I'll have to wait for technical personnels and yell at them for the wrong alignment of my canopy.. :evil:

Keep up the good work guys!