How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

bwahahahaha.. now i don't have restrictions with my canopy.. i can edit and reconfigure everything.. now they know that there's no problem with the canopy that they are using.. it's the base station that has a problem.. they installed a new canopy and the intermittent connection is still there..

the field technician told me that he will be creating a report that there's no problem with the canopy that i am using.. and the problem is with the base station..

we figured it out after accessing the canopy and testing the link to the base station.. no need for tweaking after the repair of the base station.. POOF!

bwahahahaha.. now i don't have restrictions with my canopy.. i can edit and reconfigure everything.. now they know that there's no problem with the canopy that they are using.. it's the base station that has a problem.. they installed a new canopy and the intermittent connection is still there..

the field technician told me that he will be creating a report that there's no problem with the canopy that i am using.. and the problem is with the base station..

we figured it out after accessing the canopy and testing the link to the base station.. no need for tweaking after the repair of the base station.. POOF!

As I said you can do nothing if the base station is the cause of  slow internet connection problem. :2funny:

i did remember what that supervisor told me.. "we know that you are a good technician, and the technician that we will be sending you is kinda scared of all the questions that you will ask him.."

now we have a proof. their technicians are incompetent.  :angry:

i also went to the smart wireless center last friday and complained about my "on and off" connection and i told them that i wanted my internet to be disconnected. they said that my request is not that easy to process because of the lock in period and instead they will call me on my free time to troubleshoot my connection so that they could decide whether to give me the disconnection w/o paying the remaining 11 months. i told them to call me from 8pm to 12pm but no one from smart even bothered to call. then the next day, i called them again (9pm), the CSR told me that my phone is turned off but it is not and my phone is fully charged. then i asked him the number they are trying to call and gave me a correct number. then i told them that i'll give another number so that they could call me right away. the CSR put me on hold and after a minute the line was cut off. and i called again and told them my story all over again. the CSR gave me all the service reference number of all my complaints and advised me to follow up that SR #'s to the wireless center. i was there again just a while ago and was scheduled AGAIN for another call. someone from smart called me and asked me the ip address and the physical address and told me that i am not receiving a good signal w/ the basestation and scheduled a field visit tomorrow afternoon. and i just asked myself, "my god, is that troubleshooting??"  :buck2:

by the way.. when i was disconnected earlier.. i tried to ping 10.0.0.1 and guess what i received.. lots of request timed out.. that means that the canopy is resetting by itself once in a while.. or there is really a problem with the canopy..

to the others.. try pinging your canopy [ping 10.0.0.1 -t] if you receive lots of request timed out.. report that by email and don't forget to call them after you send your email.. they will surely change the canopy.. cause that's one of the big problem for wireless.. if a modem/router has a request timed out when you are pinging them, that means that there is a certain capacitor or chip that is not working inside.. and the resistor that is attached on it, after the capacitor or the chip, is resisting the flow of signal going in and out of your computer

i always ping my canopy using ping 10.0.0.1 -t to monitor if my connection will be disconnected. sometimes there is a response, then i'll get disconnected and see a lot of request timed out and sometimes i get this response destination host unreachable and there is a limited connectivity icon on my local area connection

i always ping my canopy using ping 10.0.0.1 -t to monitor if my connection will be disconnected. sometimes there is a response, then i'll get disconnected and see a lot of request timed out and sometimes i get this response destination host unreachable and there is a limited connectivity icon on my local area connection

The assumption might be right a problem on SM, but the big possibility is due to busted base station/ AP...

:shocked: how long have you been experiencing this?

:shocked: how long have you been experiencing this?

the day after they installed my smartbro (i applied last oct 25 and got it installed the next day oct 26). actually, they had a hard time getting my connection up and running. i am 1400+ feet away from the AP. i do receive a good speed but because of the "on and off" situation i can't enjoy it. sometimes i dont even have a connection for the whole day  :cry:

i have experienced the same situation about a couple of weeks ago. i wasn't able to play my favorite online game because of the frequent disconnections.

it happened after a lighting storm hit our subdivision. in fact, several tv sets from the neighborhood were damaged and their tv antennas broken. luckily my canopy antenna survived. the sad thing is the csr did not believe me when i called to inform them of this matter and why my connection was intermittent for the last three weeks.  :sad:

CSR nor TSR of SM don't know all about intermittent connection for wireless, to the fact that they only hire people who can immediately follow scripts and call flows.  companies here in the philippines are some kinda racists.  they don't look on the technical skills but they look on how an agent can manipulate or even dominate the minds of their customer.  that's what call center is all about... to be honest, call center is all about convincing other people to do this and that.. if they catch you in control then you can't do anything but to follow direction..

lucky them, they can only encounter 95% of the customers who don't know all about computer networking, and 5% don't call cause they know what to do if ever there is a problem.  but it's bad luck for them when they started messing around with computer geeks who knows the in and out of the computer.  they can't do anything nor the company but to follow us.  they've already change my canopy thrice now..

what did you do to convince them that your canopy antenna has to be replaced 3 times?

1st replacement - the canopy was striked by the lightning

2nd replacement - i'm always disconnected, reason is the canopy is always reset to its factory state

3rd replacement - technician can't access the canopy settings

those are the reasons why they replaced my canopy again and again and again haha

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 429 Kbps about 0.43 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 52 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 29 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/18 - 8:29am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-U3H70OLCF

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-O1INWBXR4

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 [!]

hmmmm this is my connection today after the tweaks.. i don't know tomorrow.. i'll update it without tweaking the settings..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 322 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 39 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/18 - 11:30am

Bottom Line:: 6X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 26.26 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 76.219 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 48.06 % of your hosts average (241.176)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-DV85AEHUS

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

hello tweaking enthusiasts.^_^

may i ask why testmy.net tells me that:

"Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 48.06 % of your hosts average (241.176) "

is says on the graph of my connection "avg 241.176 670kbps"

but sometimes its "avg.smartbro.net 260kbps"

and from what i have observed this "avg 241.176" give me higher results.

may i know whats the difference between "avg.smartbro.net 260kbps" and "avg 241.176 670kbps"?

i'm curious because i get 460+kbps on the "avg 241.176" and only 381kbps max on "avg.smartbro.net"

is it possible to let it stay on the provider with the 670kbps?

sorry if my questions sounds stupid to you guys. i just want to know.^_^

hello elvin,

1) first we'd like to know, if it says average 241.176, are you using open dns or proxy? and what is that proxy if in case its a proxy?

2) if it says, average smartbro, are you using the "obtain an ip address automatically" and "obtain dns server address automatically"?

its possible to have a 670 kbps connection but will never be consistent because smartbro is wireless which has intermittent (irregular) speed.

hmm, i agree. looks like it's a dns/proxy issue. if you're using dns or proxy, testmy won't recognize that you belong to "smartbro.net" category

i believe what that graph means, is that in the category 241.176, all the users that tested there average a speed of 670Kbps, while in the "smartbro.net" category, all the users average a speed of 260Kbps.

therefore,if you're score is 322Kbps, you're speed is only 48% of the average if you're under 241.176.

but if you're under smartbro.net, you're speed is 123% of the average.

YaHOOOO!!!..Thanks for this post!! Look at my speed!! before it was 200-kbps

i've tried all the tweaks here including the cablenut, tcp patch, tcp optimizer and cfosspees..it doesnt give me much speed if i only use one of them..basta all i can say is thank u!thank u!thank u! :grin: :grin:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 643 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 78 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/11/18 - 8:55pm

Bottom Line:: 11X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 13.13 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 7.375 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 147.31 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5A93XPSQL

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 [!]

hmm, i agree. looks like it's a dns/proxy issue. if you're using dns or proxy, testmy won't recognize that you belong to "smartbro.net" category

i believe what that graph means, is that in the category 241.176, all the users that tested there average a speed of 670Kbps, while in the "smartbro.net" category, all the users average a speed of 260Kbps.

therefore,if you're score is 322Kbps, you're speed is only 48% of the average if you're under 241.176.

but if you're under smartbro.net, you're speed is 123% of the average.

that's it.

i am also using open dns. i can see a word which says "open" right after the last 4 digits of my ip. still has to confirm if this case applies to elvin.