How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

No I called customer service and they said my base station is not upgrading. I just checked this morning and this are my speed results:

WITH LIMEWIRE RUNNING AND DOWNLOADING 4 FILES.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 263 Kbps about 0.3 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 32 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/12/27 - 4:55pm

Bottom Line:: 5X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 32 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 31.625 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 99.62 % of your hosts average (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NH8RMZCDK

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2) [!]

LIMEWIRE NOT RUNNING (ONLY YAHOO MSGR AND 4 EXPLORER)

Download Connection is:: 554 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 68 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/12/27 - 4:58pm

Bottom Line:: 10X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 15.06 sec

Tested from a 1013 kB file and took 14.984 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 109.85 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-5CLKMQWJ3

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2) [!]

Also, I tweaked my computer bout 3-4 months ago. I didnt get good results until now. I used cablenut. I still have to monitor if I get disconnected again and redirected to the smartbro portal (to relogin).

Yes, thats what happened whenever I get disconnected. I am redirected to the portal and asked to relogin.

If this comes back to normal... I wish only the frequent disconnection will... Not the speed.... I LOVE THE SPEED.  :evil6:

I've been reading the posts here. Its sad that some are just TOO NEGATIVE. I didnt get good results from cablenut before but I didnt complain nor belittle what others already achieved. They are just trying to help for cryin out loud!

"If you dont like what they are preaching, go transfer to another religion"  :haha:

I've been reading the posts here. Its sad that some are just TOO NEGATIVE. I didnt get good results from cablenut before but I didnt complain nor belittle what others already achieved. They are just trying to help for cryin out loud!

"If you dont like what they are preaching, go transfer to another religion"  :haha:

amen to that :angel:

anyway, check your cat cables and lan card just to make sure the problem is not on your end.

Guest aneljr009

I agree to beadr, b4 I applied the tweaks, my net speed is about 350+ but after using the cablenut, it became 200+ but stable, then when I applied the TCPOptimizer, I can't browse and access the net although I'm connected, ... I used again the cablenut then applied the PROXIES, my net became more stable but only 100+. So, I restore my PC to the day b4 I used the tweaks. The only tweak that works is for the utorrent but no portforwarding (40kbps ave.). One day, coolbuster announced his new CCS, so I tried it but still don't satisfy me.

Geee I checked everything just now and my lan card... etc. are fine. Heres my speed (9 pm):

Download Connection is:: 374 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 46 kB/s

Test Time:: 2007/12/28 - 5:49am

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 22.26 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 12.672 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 41.67 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I4RX6UA2G

I have 4 Explorers opened and surfing including the speed test in TMN and this forum and also yahoo messenger. Im using kaspersky internet suite and always do a system scan everyday an hour before i sleep. I guess im only realizing my cablenut tweaks before just now. Im sharing my css file here. I cant remember how did I come up with those values though  :haha:

To those who are devoting their precious time here just to help others, thank you. Dont worry if others will call you "SIPSIP".

-------> Team players, NOT team wreckers.

Happy New Year Guys and Gals.

Where is gourame? He helped me before with my tweaks and my ill computer (3-4 months ago).

4 explorers? it would be easier to use tabbed browsing. anyway, update us when your connection becomes stable and doesn't disconnect anymore. also, try to send an email to smartbro csr.

remember, since we don't have the same computers, some tweaks are bound not to work on other people. :wink:

To those who are devoting their precious time here just to help others, thank you. Dont worry if others will call you "SIPSIP".

-------> Team players, NOT team wreckers.

Happy New Year Guys and Gals.

Where is gourame? He helped me before with my tweaks and my ill computer (3-4 months ago).

yeah, i know what you mean.

and about gourame, i'm not sure. he may be busy with work.

and also, a happy and prosperous new year to everyone.

Guys help me with my connection

when i ping 10.0.0.1 i receive request timeout about 3-10% lost (-n 30)

RSSI can go around 500-530

Jitter is 3 but sometimes it can go 5 but not that much

approximately 0.69 miles away from the base station(can tell me how far is this in Kilometer)

i have stable connection (380 kbps) since then but when the typhoon hit the philippines in Nov 20+ last year there my connection suddenly became slow i called the CSR but as always no respond from field tech till NOW!!!

the good thing is i never got disconnected but the request timeout really hurts me when i play online games

anyone here can give me what is the problem with my connection

or any tweaks can fix this?

heres my bandwidth test result

share2-TE3GQC5FM

welcome to testmy.net @ Xixshier.

before anything else. may we request you to answer or do the following.

1) can you access your canopy page?

2) if yes pls post your AP Evaluation page screenshot.

3) post all your installed programs.

4) did you check your canopy antenna if it is still aligned or beamed to the smartbro base station (smart tower)?

5) do you clean your pc from viruses, spyware, trojan, junk files periodically?

your answers and posts will be helpful for the evaluation of your predicament.

First and foremost thanks @coolbuster for welcoming me

Jitter: 3 RSSI: 445 Power Level: -78 Beacon Count: 4 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 740 SectorID: 5 Color Code: 41 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 16

NumULHalfSlots: 18 NumDLHalfSlots: 55 NumULContSlots: 3

Jitter: 9 RSSI: 261 Power Level: -82 Beacon Count: 7 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 0 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 0 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 1672 SectorID: 6 Color Code: 216 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 9

Jitter: 2 RSSI: 558 Power Level: -76 Beacon Count: 6 BRcvW: 1 DFSEn: 0 FECEn: 0

Type: Multipoint Avail: 1 Age: 0 Lockout: 0 RegFail 0 Range: 3381 feet TxBER: 1 EBcast: 1

Session Count: 1 NoLUIDS: 0 OutOfRange: 0 AuthFail: 0 EncryptFail: 0 Rescan Req: 0

FrameNumber: 1298 SectorID: 6 Color Code: 42 BeaconVersion: 1 SectorUserCount: 24

***********************************************************************************

i can connect to color code 41 and i try it still the same i experienced request timeout

but 216 the portal rejects me

Im currently using color code 42 because it is the ap they gave me(original) and i think it's the best because in the past i got good connection 380 Kbps with it

windows xp sp2

firewall turn off

antivirus NOD32

mozilla firefox

the basic stuff that the xp needs driver games etc

the most important is I know how to reformat a pc

no viruses

because before i reformat my pc , im having problem with my connection and i tought it was a virus fault so its not

The alignment?

i din see any tower when i climb on the roof hehe

but before i turn the pole, i check the RSSI and it goes 450+ but when i turn the pole a little right, my RSSI became 520+ but the thing is i wonder why it increase the RSSI while there is a 2nd story house blocking it

in the end i cannot turn the pole a little more to the right because it is tighten already

i called the CSR and they said there is no problem in the base station(hope its true)

what do you think why im having this connection experiencing request timeout when i ping any?

request timeout really hurts when you play online games T T

another is if i download a file using any download accelerators, my download speed is 35-40Kbps fast eh?why?

is this information enough? just tell me if any information is needed

thanks for the future replies or any person who will help me

you're welcome @ Xixshier

in your case, the better color code is 42 coz it has the least jitter the highest RSSI and power level. however, it is a value of 700 or above which is ideal for a connection and you are below that level, that's the reason why you experience timeouts, plus the fact that there is an obstruction between your canopy antenna and the AP so you don't have a clear line of sight.

download managers can make your downloading faster because they are using a technology called Multi-server Hyper-threading Transportation or MHT, which splits files into segments to increase download speeds.

in conclusion, your predicament is on the location of your canopy. my suggestion is you call CSR and request for a relocation of your antenna. maybe place it at the top of the 2 storey house (specially so if you befriended the owner of that house) or use a pole which is taller than the roof of that house so you will have a clear line of sight. i myself is using a pole that is 36 feet tall and a diameter of 1 1/2 inches.

good luck.

i saw somewhere in this thread that you can make a improvised stinger and attach  it on your canopy, this will help?

you said earlier that the ideal RSSI is 700 so

if i put that stinger you think it will do? or the most ideal is to relocate the antenna or my antenna should surpass the height of the 2nd story house

which would you prefer?

this will be the last and i will call the CSR if this will not work

because if i call the CSR right now maybe it will take another month before they come T T so i would want to move now hehe

again thank you so much

i saw somewhere in this thread that you can make a improvised stinger and attach  it on your canopy, this will help?

you said earlier that the ideal RSSI is 700 so

if i put that stinger you think it will do? or the most ideal is to relocate the antenna or my antenna should surpass the height of the 2nd story house

which would you prefer?

this will be the last and i will call the CSR if this will not work

because if i call the CSR right now maybe it will take another month before they come T T so i would want to move now hehe

again thank you so much

if i were you i will go for the second option and that is to call the CSR and request for antenna relocation. the advantage here is that you can avail for free from the smartbro installers the white extension lan cable and the surge suppressor w/c will serve as a junction box.

if they do not come in after several follow ups, just hire 1 professional technician and 4 assistants so they will be the one to relocate your antenna. just make sure your canopy antenna isn't broken during the process.

One of the SmartBro Agents here in our town told me that a subscriber relocated his antenna and he was charged a fee of Php1000(need to confirm again the price this afternoon, I will be meeting with her to assist her in tweaking her canopy). She said that you need to pay if you want to relocate your antenna...

[edit]

How do I 'tweak' my connection in GNU/LINUX? im using ubuntu 7.10...

One of the SmartBro Agents here in our town told me that a subscriber relocated his antenna and he was charged a fee of Php1000(need to confirm again the price this afternoon, I will be meeting with her to assist her in tweaking her canopy). She said that you need to pay if you want to relocate your antenna...

[edit]

How do I 'tweak' my connection in GNU/LINUX? im using ubuntu 7.10...

please make it clear if the fee you are referring to is a penalty for antenna relocation? or a payment for labor?

in our city, the smartbro installers are paid Php450 each for every home visit, relocation or installation. there are 4 of them, 1 who will configure the canopy page and 3 who will take care of the pole and the antenna installation.

Guest ExtremeFusion

@CB

OT:

...beat you to that!

It only takes two person to install/relocate canopy here in our place...(one checks the connectivity, the other one fixes the canopy)

BTW, my big bro had a chat with one of the installer, then the conversation take a turn 'bout payout.. the installer said they are paid a minimum PhP 80 each per installation...