How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

Guest sexpert

i saw somewhere in this thread that you can make a improvised stinger and attach  it on your canopy, this will help?

you said earlier that the ideal RSSI is 700 so

if i put that stinger you think it will do? or the most ideal is to relocate the antenna or my antenna should surpass the height of the 2nd story house

which would you prefer?

this will be the last and i will call the CSR if this will not work

because if i call the CSR right now maybe it will take another month before they come T T so i would want to move now hehe

again thank you so much

Stinger DO INCREASES the RSSI and decreases the jitter, it improves the gathering of power of the antenna as it increases the effective area, it will help. Look  at ebay.ph they sell commercial stinger.

@CB

OT: ...beat you to that!

It only takes two person to install/relocate canopy here in our place...(one checks the connectivity, the other one fixes the canopy)

BTW, my big bro had a chat with one of the installer, then the conversation take a turn 'bout payout.. the installer said they are paid a minimum PhP 80 each per installation...

well...its in your place. in ours, we use poles so its understandable that more men will be needed. and i dunno huh, that's what the installers revealed to me personally that he is paid Php450. maybe his company has more money than the company of your installer.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

mine, it took 3 people, including me. i didn't pay them anything except 450 for the extra pole, and all i gave them was water. yeah, i'm a cheapskate, but still, i helped them, so that's fair enough for me. they left my canopy open, gave me an administrator account, and taught me how to access the canopy and switch AP's.

and i have to agree with coolbuster, when i asked the contractors what they are paid, they said they were paid 450 FOR EACH HOME VISIT. imagine that with smartbro's crappy service, many people will ask for a home visit, meaning more salary for them.

hmm, found a canopy on ebay, here is what it says it does

This passive antenna has the following guaranteed performance:

Simply slip over the top of an SM.

Lowers the beamwidth to 12 degrees.

Reduces Jitter

Much lighter than a reflector.

Easy to toss to an installer on a ladder or roof.

Much lower cost than a reflector.

Lowers labor costs.

Usable out to 5 miles or more.

Stingers available for 5.3 GHz and for 900 MHz connectorized units too. See our website for more details. www.Wirelessbeehive.com. PATENT PENDING

don't see increase of RSSI there, do you? and that came from the manufacturer itself.

hey im a newbie whats a stinger how can i unblock my MS please help me

welcome :welcome: to our forum here at testmy.net...glad to have you... make yourself right to home...hope you stay...

however :) ...in this forum...there is no such thing as a noob or a newbie...we all are...in one way or another...so we find that term to be a bit derogatory and the only silly question is the one you don't ask...therefore we welcome you as a new member...not as a newbie :)

thank you

welcome :welcome: to our forum here at testmy.net...glad to have you... make yourself right to home...hope you stay...

however :) ...in this forum...there is no such thing as a noob or a newbie...we all are...in one way or another...so we find that term to be a bit derogatory and the only silly question is the one you don't ask...therefore we welcome you as a new member...not as a newbie :)

hi yeah thanks, i learned a lot from here. but how can i have the speed like yours?

welcome to the forum. a stinger is a sort of accessory for the canopy. what methods have you used to access your canopy?

i've tried changing the ip and subnetmask just like the member that post it did, but when i tried to open the canopy site it didnt open i think my MS is block by the way what is an MS?

thanks guys

but how can i have the speed like yours?

well you have to live in the usa in an area that has broadband cable...and you have to be a cheapskate like me and opt for the smaller package :) ...phoenix is great for cable...the weather is dry...but in the summer...if  you live in an area (like me) that still has the cables above ground...the cables get hot and stretch and makes your connection faulty at times...someday soon maybe they'll bury the cables in my neighborhood

i've tried changing the ip and subnetmask just like the member that post it did, but when i tried to open the canopy site it didnt open i think my MS is block by the way what is an MS?

try these links to access your canopy page

http://www.testmy.net/t-18616

http://www.testmy.net/t-20597

it's not MS. it's SM w/c stands for Subscriber Module.

Guest sexpert

Even the manufacturer did not advertised an increase of RSSI when you use the stinger, by just common sense alone, it advertise "Usable out to 5 miles or more", so definitely it increases the RSSI (when you compare the RSSI with and without the Stinger).

In telecommunications, Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI) is a measurement of the power present in a received radio signal.(from wikipedia.com)

Using the stinger  it helps the SM to gather more power of the signal, so obviously RSSI is increased.

To clarify further, The Base station or Access Point Module is transmitting a signal to the subscriber module. The power of the signal becomes weak and decrease the power density (Watts /square meter) as you increase the distance between AP and SM. What the Stinger can do, is It helps the SM to capture more power from the signal transmitted by the AP. In telecommunication, Power Density = Power / Area.

So the power received by the SM (with Stinger) is the Power Density X Effective Area of Stinger. The effective area of SM with stinger is greater than SM without a stinger.

hey guys...i open my canopy to configure my NAT, to my surprise, it's not my account. every now and then, somebody's account is popping on my canopy page.

i can't access my own account.

no problem on my signal, am still reaching 320+/- during peak hours, but i want to access, and configure my NAT.