elijahpaul

Hi guys I'm new here

Just want to ask regarding my connections, I've configured the canopy

Downlink 700

Uplink 300

Burst 1500 ea

My RSSI = 1212~1222

My Jitter = 1 ~ 3

but I forgot the UsersCount...(more than 15 maybe, Im in an internet cafe zone and most if not all use smartbro..We operate a cafe too ^^)

But the best that I can do without the router is 371kbps ><, I've tried cablenut with the 20 ways also with ar0nic's, I've also tried TCPOptimizer, cfos speed and System Mechanic 7.. but that's the best I could do... I can't tweak the canopy for now because of customers and the next base station is farther away..Can you guys help? also what would be a balanced RSSI vs UserCount+Jitters?  is RSSI=800, Users=10, Jitter=7  ok?

Thx

Guest ExtremeFusion

Hi guys I'm new here

Just want to ask regarding my connections, I've configured the canopy

Downlink 700

Uplink 300

Burst 1500 ea

My RSSI = 1212~1222

My Jitter = 1 ~ 3

but I forgot the UsersCount...(more than 15 maybe, Im in an internet cafe zone and most if not all use smartbro..We operate a cafe too ^^)

But the best that I can do without the router is 371Kbps ><, I've tried cablenut with the 20 ways also with ar0nic's, I've also tried TCPOptimizer, cfos speed and System Mechanic 7.. but that's the best I could do... I can't tweak the canopy for now because of customers and the next base station is farther away..Can you guys help? also what would be a balanced RSSI vs UserCount+Jitters?  is RSSI=800, Users=10, Jitter=7  ok?

Thx

When you say you run an internet cafe, do you use SmartBro(ken) Broadband for that?

If that is the case, no matter how hard you try tweaking your internet speed.. it will be futile

The more computer sharing the same internet connection, the more the speed suffers...

And we all know, that SmartBro 999 plan is cap to a 384 Kbps connection...

Its nice to use SmartBro 999 as the ISP for your computer shop, if you have a "faulty" connection,

by that I mean, you're getting a speed test result of more than 1 Mbps...

Anyways, back again to your question

Jitter = 7, that is to noisy, still not acceptable...

User = 10, is good, the less sector usage count the better

RSSI = 800, acceptable.. the std. should be 700, more than that is sweet...

Recommended Jitter is 1, if possible 0  :evil6::haha:

When you say you run an internet cafe, do you use SmartBro(ken) Broadband for that?

If that is the case, no matter how hard you try tweaking your internet speed.. it will be futile

The more computer sharing the same internet connection, the more the speed suffers...

And we all know, that SmartBro 999 plan is cap to a 384 Kbps connection...

Its nice to use SmartBro 999 as the ISP for your computer shop, if you have a "faulty" connection,

by that I mean, you're getting a speed test result of more than 1 Mbps...

Anyways, back again to your question

Jitter = 7, that is to noisy, still not acceptable...

User = 10, is good, the less sector usage count the better

RSSI = 800, acceptable.. the std. should be 700, more than that is sweet...

Recommended Jitter is 1, if possible 0  :evil6::haha:

thanks for the replies

yup, we use SmartBro, heheh.. we didn't know..but for now it seemed ok enough, we don't do games only web browsing and friendster stuff. Our smartBro can't handle youtube... yet. That's why we're trying to tweak it. so that atleast we can make better use of our smartbro.  :smile2:

Can I sacrifice RSSI for lesser UserCount? How much RSSI can I sacrifice?

or Can I sacrifice Jitter for lesser User?

Guest ExtremeFusion

No you can't..and by sacrifice.. what do you mean by that?

RSSI is Radio Signal Strength Indicator...

If you do anything lock to block the LOS of your SM, then your RSSI would suffer.

Speed also Suffers!

Like what I have said before... 700 is the standard for RSSI, anything more than that is sweet...!

Guest ExtremeFusion

I'd stick with the higher RSSI and Low Usage Count and less jitter...

but if the situation doesn't allow that..

the best thing to do is to try each of the color code.. and find out how it goes...

i just logged onto portal.smartbro.net and saw that since january 2008, they changed my package from "SMBRO" to "WR512". i guess that confirms it, they already upgraded. i'm constantly reaching speeds of 700+ too during off-peak hours.

but even before when it was still "SMBRO" i was getting around 400+ with the tweaks.

guys, check your account and see if yours was upgraded too.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 417 Kbps about 0.4 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 51 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/01/16 - 6:50pm

Bottom Line:: 7X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 20.08 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 7.581 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 57.95 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RQUNXMESA

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

thanks guys ^^ although my average is still a bit low ><...I'll do more canopy tweaking though

current AP

Jitter: 5 RSSI: 1170 Power Level: -55 SectorUserCount: 17

previous AP

Jitter: 1 RSSI: 1220 Power Level: -55 SectorUserCount: 31

alternate AP

Jitter: 2 RSSI: 777 Power Level: -72 SectorUserCount: 17

Can I use coolbuster's manual tweaks for Win98?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I probably have the slowest Smart Bro connection. I've already tried the steps in this thread: http://www.testmy.net/t-21175 but here are my results:

Test Result Details

Your connection is: 45 Kbps or 0 Mbps

You downloaded at: 5 kB/s

You are running: 1 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 204.8 second(s)

Member Ident: CompID:1114584157

Test Time:: 2008/01/17 - 10:15am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Test ID: JCFXDVI91 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 22.73 % of your hosts average (1.13)

This was tested from a 97 kB file and took 17.406 seconds to complete

I've had a Smart Bro connection since Sept of 2006 but I never had a fast connection like most of you. Someone please help me out.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 62 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Download Speed is:: 8 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/01/17 - 7:24pm

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 128 sec

Tested from a 97 kB file and took 12.844 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 32.12 % of your hosts average (1.13)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-63C2EILU4

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

that's my current connection speed :(

Guest ExtremeFusion

eh bakit mo saken bumagal lalo??? download: 32Kbps upload: 4Kbps???? :cry:

help me! tama naman ang ginawa ko sa instructions ah... :undecided:

kindly post in english pls...

anyways, what tweaks did you try?

is it the 20 steps?

If you made a backup of your registry before doing tweaks, then just restore it.

It should make your speed back to what is was before.

This is the step i followed in tweaking. :

You should download cFosSpeed here http://www.cfos.de/speed/cfosspeed.htm before doing the things that are in the tutorial.

In order for you to tweak your connection, you must be able to access your canopy through html.

1. Go to Control Panel, select Network Connections, find your Smart Broadband connection (LAN or High-speed internet) and right click on it.

2. Click Properties, on the General tab, find the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and highlight it(usually at the bottom of the list). Click Properties.

3. Under the General tab, select Use the following IP address and enter the following data in their respective properties:

IP address: 169.254.3.3

Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0

Then click OK.

4. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera) and input this address on the address bar: 169.254.1.1

If you cannot access your canopy software after following these steps, then your  canopy MS is probably blocked.

When your in the canopy page already, go to the Configuration page and copy the attributes on the picture below.

Click here to open new window CTRL+Mouse wheel to zoom in/out

save and reboot.

by the way, this only works for the Motorola Canopy(see pic below).

After tweaking your canopy settings,

1. Go to Control Panel, select Network Connections, find your Smart Broadband connection (LAN or High-speed internet) and right click on it.

2. Click Properties, on the General tab, find the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and highlight it(usually at the bottom of the list). Click Properties.

3. Under the General tab, select obtain an IP address automatrically  and click OK. You should be seeing results after 2-3 days

**Previously, my download speed is 166kbps and upload speed of 32kbps. i planned to tweak it out. then unfortunately and unexpectedly, it gave me a result download of 40kbps below and upload of 8kbps below.

Why is this so??? Please help me.

p.s. i can't be able to access now my canopy site (169.254.1.1). HELP!! :cheesy: