How To Tweak Smart BRO WiFi

elijahpaul

@CB

thnxXX for the tip,,

i used the unlocker,.,.my desktop s clean now ow yeah,.,.,

hows the FDC doin??

heres the link of my new and clean desktop hihii

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/renzrenzrenzrenz/untitled-3.jpg

im using windows classic theme,,windows xp makes my computer slow lol.,i just change the colors yeah.,.,does themes makes computer slow??

the windows classic theme makes my pc faster,., :angel:

First, :welcome: to TMN.  Hope you enjoy your stay.

Now when it comes to tweaking, just make sure you remember your original settings.  If you're messing with the registry always make a backup so if things go wrong, you can simply merge the backup back.

Just follow each instructions carefully and don't skip any step.  If you do that I think nothing will go wrong.

Rule of thumb: Always make a backup :)

Happy hunting! :)

the hardest thing in tweaking and the worst possible scenario that could happen is misconfiguration to the point that you can no longer access your SM via 169.254.1.1 even you try the 169.254.3.3, it happened to me once then I have read a thread about a default plug since you need to buy it what I did is I soaked the plug into a glass of water and it worked  :idiot2: stupid me and made a mistake again and now even the glass of water did work this time I have decided to went to my roof remove the strings of wire attached in my pole of canopy and then unplug and plug the cable while my brother was checking if it was working.... ha it went back since then what I did is always right down the steps so I can backtrack it. now here is my speed during so called prime time 7pm

share2-JND9SIVCQ

@derek22x.. noobish question, how can i back up my registry? i want to start tweaking my smart bro because i cant even exceed a 100Kbps connection, its so frustrating.

and question in coolbuster's 20 steps.... link in number 5, it said choose connection carefully but i dont know what to choose on the connection type.. is it DSL with XP or DSL with ROUTER or CABLE or Enter MTU?

btw do you guys offer help by yahoo messenger, meaning guiding someone (me XD) in the process and answering questions if that someone(me XD) is tweaking smartbro at that time?

in the download test i tried it and it showed a very questionable result (i used SmarTest) :

:::::::::::::::::.. Download Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 33905 Kbps about 33.9 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 4139 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/02/18 - 7:45am

Bottom Line:: 591X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.25 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 2.938 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 11239.46 % faster than the average for host (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SNAP4XHQR

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; InfoPath.2)

@derek22x.. noobish question, how can i back up my registry? i want to start tweaking my smart bro because i cant even exceed a 100Kbps connection, its so frustrating.

and question lang po sa 20 steps.... link in number 5, it said choose connection carefully but i dont know what to choose on the connection type.. is it DSL with XP or DSL with ROUTER or CABLE or Enter MTU?

btw do you guys offer help by yahoo messenger, meaning guiding someone (me XD) in the process and answering questions if that someone(me XD) is tweaking smartbro at that time?

and dun po ba sa download test page, i need to click the SmarTest link to start testing? senxia na po newbie lang po talaga pati ung download test page nyo di ko alam kung pano magwork. nung click ko po kasi ang tagal magread, kala ko di na nagwowork. matagal po ba tlga un?

Dude, please post in English.  We can't understand you.  :)

woah. so making a back up of your registry is just another way of saying creating a restore point? lol i didnt know that, i do alot of system restore my self i didnt know that its the same thing LOL.  :grin:

and thank you for the info! ^^

The easiest way is to export the registry to a .reg file and when you need to restore just double click the file and it'll be merged back to the registry.

On your Canopy page, just don't mess with NAT and DHCP because they might render your Canopy Webpage inaccessible and you may need to insert a default plug to reset it.

I guess yes, the only way to get the Physical Address/Mac Address is to go up the roof, take out the Canopy bottom cover and get the ESN.

Or use this hehehe

00-1a-64-63-ce-a1

Hope I helped you :)

i cant seem to find my MAC adres in my canopy. i took out the botom kover, but nothing is there? BTW, does the adres that starts with 0A-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX is a MAC adres?

hi sorry for my first post, my bad... newbie here... im glad i did found this site and forum... it's very informative and it helped my smartbro connection a lot... i just followed the tweaking guide on the first page and before i found this site i was already using sg tcp optimizer... im about to try cablenut after i do some research on it... i was just wondering if my download speed  is just normal or there might be some glitch of some sort on the results, im quite surprised that i had excellent and very fast tests results after i did the tweaking... any insights? much appreciated...

share2-I8SCQP9NZ