Motorola Canopy Override Plug

elijahpaul

Are you locked-out from the Canopy Software? Well, here's a guide for you to override it so that you can change the settings again.  :cool:

Again, I will not be responsible for any damages this may cause you. Use at your own risk!

This override plug resets the LAN 1 IP address to 169.254.1.1. The plug allows the operator to access the module through the default configuration without changing the configuration. The operator can then view and reset any non-default values.

Acquiring the Override Plug

To fabricate an override plug:

1. Install an RJ-11 6-pin connector onto a 6-inch length of CAT 5 cable.

2. Pin out all 6-pins.

3. Short (solder or twist together) Pins 4 and 6 on the other end. Do not connect any other wires to anything. The result should be as follows:

Pin 1 → white / orange ← Pin 1

Pin 2 → white / green ← Pin 2

Pin 3 → white / blue ← Pin 3

Pin 4 → green ← Pin 6

Pin 5 → blue ← Pin 5

Pin 6 → orange← Pin 4

here's how you should number your RJ-11 6-pin socket..

rj11.jpg

Using the Override Plug

The operator can regain access to the module as follows:

1. Insert override plug into the RJ-11 GPS sync port of the module.

2. Apply power to the module through the Ethernet cable.

RESULT: The module reboots with the default IP address of 169.254.1.1, password fields blank, and all other configuration values as previously set.

3. Set passwords as desired.

4. Change configuration values if desired.

5. Save the settings.

6. Remove the override plug.

7. Power cycle the module.

hope this helps.. :wink:

here's my default plug pics:

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps.. :wink:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

@ everybody esp on elijahpaul

I have to make some additions, yesterday, i went to Ace Hardware and asked them about the CAT 5 and RJ-11 Plug, but the clerk said that it is not an RJ-11 but instead, a 6-pin RJ-45.. He added that RJ-11 are used in phone lines and dialup connections..

Hope that helps!!

Good day!!

:smitten:

@ everybody esp on elijahpaul

I have to make some additions, yesterday, i went to Ace Hardware and asked them about the CAT 5 and RJ-11 Plug, but the clerk said that it is not an RJ-11 but instead, a 6-pin RJ-45.. He added that RJ-11 are used in phone lines and dialup connections..

Hope that helps!!

Good day!!

:smitten:

nah.. it is RJ-11. actually the names differ based on socket it fits in. RJ-45s are for LANs and RJ-11s are for telephones. and btw, the socket that you are going to put the override plug is the size that of a phone line so its definitely RJ-11.  [nerd]

what's RJ-11 GPS sync port? where can i find it? is it the white box? if it is, where should i put it?

it's located under the SmartBRO antenna. here's a tip: assess the canopy antenna, look for the button you can push to open and slide down the bottom area and the empty RJ-11 socket should be the GPS sync port.

it's located under the SmartBRO antenna. here's a tip: assess the canopy antenna, look for the button you can push to open and slide down the bottom area and the empty RJ-11 socket should be the GPS sync port.

Thanks elijahpaul, I've been waiting for that answer, so going up in the roof is inevitable. :cry: I thought the override plug is an alternative solution in accessing the MAC address of the canopy. BTW @ thugster according to my cisco class, the one in the left is RJ-45 and the left is RJ-11

ilmRJ45RJ11-1.jpg

Thanks elijahpaul, I've been waiting for that answer, so going up in the roof is inevitable. :cry: I thought the override plug is an alternative solution in accessing the MAC address of the canopy. BTW @ thugster according to my cisco class, the one in the left is RJ-45 and the left is RJ-11

of course it's inevitable.. i can't still access my canopy eventhough i already know my MAC address.. i still haven't tried this method.. with regards to the RJ-11, there are different kinds of it.. there's a 4-pin and 6-pin.. it also have 3 different sizes.. small, standard & big.. where are you from? if you're from manila, you can visit raon.. i just got my stuffs there..