Motorola Canopy Override Plug

elijahpaul

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExtremeFusion

I coudn't understand a thing.. wahahaha!

sorry im not a techincal genius here...

whats a jitter? dns, open dns?! i mean i have open my canopy configuration using post here... but i coudn't understand those tabs and terms.. help?!

Think of jitter as noise, is an unwanted variation of one or more signal characteristics in electronics and telecommunications. Jitter may be seen in characteristics such as the interval between successive pulses, or the amplitude, frequency, or phase of successive cycles. Jitter is a significant factor in the design of almost all communications links.(wikipedia.com)

dns - domain name server -convert the website address into hex address...

open dns - a free dns server.

jitter, to make it simple, represents the amount of interference on your signal. the lower tthe jitter, the better. recommended amount is 1-4.

to know your jitter, and other stats of the AP you are connected to, open your canopy page. click configuration>radio. take note of the value where it says color code.

next click tools>AP then click AP eval in the bottom. look for the color code that matches the one you saw on radio, that is the AP you are connected to.

off topic guys...

im having problems with the proxies im using right now.

i cant seem to connect to the internet?! :?:

are you experiencing the same thing today? (9-28 8:10pm)

proxy.smartwifi.com.ph

proxy.smartbro.net

proxy.meridian.ph

• 1 month later...

hi all just wanted to share my own made override plug. I made this modified override plug by my self cause its so hard to find a six pins rj-11 here in my area.

I use a rj-11 4pin splitter then i trace the connection on each pins. then in the pin # 4 i make a jumper there and put it on the pin # 6.

see the attach pic

P1010010.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010012.jpg

what's that thing you attached it to? you could have made it to be just open ended.

i use the end point of the pin # 4 at directly attach to pin # 6. btw it is a 4 pins rj-11 so i manage to attached the pin # 6 to direct on the top on the rj-11 port see the attach pic clearly and you will see a something like a needle point on the pin # 6.. tomorrow i will try to take a clear picture of my modified override plug.

yeah, i see that needle you're talking about. you mean, you improvised a 4 pin to become a 6 pin? great idea. although, if it was a 4 pin, and you added 1 pin, you'll still be 1 pin short. have you used that plug? anyway, what is that thing inside the ellipse? that's what i was asking on my earlier post.

the scarcity of a 6-pin telephone plug has prompted him to be creative. that's good. but the question is, has he tried it and was the overriding successful?

btw. i have a couple of images of 6-pin plugs in my possession. take a look.

Buster that is very easy to create!!! And I have made one for my self but then I misplaced it. I have used it to reset the SM to default settings.

Common sense ! there are alot of websites including the motorola, You can download the SM manual and the how to create a Default Plug ( the connections and etc)...

the scarcity of a 6-pin telephone plug has prompted him to be creative. that's good. but the question is, has he tried it and was the overriding successful?

btw. i have a couple of images of 6-pin plugs in my possession. take a look.

yes coolbuster2007 i already tried it and 100% works fine for me