Motorola Canopy Override Plug

elijahpaul

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ smartbroken_user

you said that @ your place have a lot of supplier there can i ask how much each rj-11 cost? cause i'm planning to make a better one. i had on my mind but i need the exact 6 pin rj-11 connector.

kindly contact me on ym or you can send me a message on my mobile #

thanks in advanced

yeah, i see that needle you're talking about. you mean, you improvised a 4 pin to become a 6 pin? great idea. although, if it was a 4 pin, and you added 1 pin, you'll still be 1 pin short. have you used that plug? anyway, what is that thing inside the ellipse? that's what i was asking on my earlier post.

@ fr0stbound

that was the splitter out as you can see i disassemble the splitter so that it will fit to the canopy rj-11 port. see the sample picture of the splitter

CNT.RJ11SPLITTER2P.jpg

same as that when i buy this splitter then i disassemble it and i use the one end point of the female pins then i put into the male connector and set it to pin # 6.

I can buy RJ-11 as many as i want and the UTP cable which is very common. :grin: :grin: :grin:

yes there's plenty of RJ-11 plugs available in the market. if i'm not wrong, there are 4 kinds of RJ-11 plugs based on pins. there is a 2-pin, 4-pin, 6-pin and 8-pin plug. the most common are the first two. the 6-pin RJ-11 is the one we use for the canopy override/default plug.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all tweak masters! Could someone provide us (ignorant like me) pictures of the GPS sync port where the default plug should be inserted please? Is it the white/grayish box (size almost of a cigarette case) where 2 wires are connected, which one connects to my pc and the other to the antenna? Please help.. I want to access my canopy. Thanks in advance

Hi to all tweak masters! Could someone provide us (ignorant like me) pictures of the GPS sync port where the default plug should be inserted please? Is it the white/grayish box (size almost of a cigarette case) where 2 wires are connected, which one connects to my pc and the other to the antenna? Please help.. I want to access my canopy. Thanks in advance

you need to insert the override default plug direct onto the canopy device. if you open your canopy device you will see the rj-11 female port inside your canopy. if you already made a override plug just simply plug in there and boot your canopy as normally boot like normal booting or opening your computer pc. then read the rules and follow the guide on the first page and enjoy.

anyways sir about this you mention

Is it the white/grayish box (size almost of a cigarette case) where 2 wires are connected
i think it is the old box correct me if i'm wrong cause if your using a canopy box you will have a canopy box and the motorola adaptor direct connect to pc no need to use those old adaptor or hub or what will be the name of that box.

will w8 for the other master will answer your question. for now that my personal opinion.

you need to insert the override default plug direct onto the canopy device. if you open your canopy device you will see the rj-11 female port inside your canopy. if you already made a override plug just simply plug in there and boot your canopy as normally boot like normal booting or opening your computer pc. then read the rules and follow the guide on the first page and enjoy.

anyways sir about this you mention  i think it is the old box correct me if i'm wrong cause if your using a canopy box you will have a canopy box and the motorola adaptor direct connect to pc no need to use those old adaptor or hub or what will be the name of that box.

will w8 for the other master will answer your question. for now that my personal opinion.

that's correct. i don't know if there are other models of the canopy, but i think there should be a removable cap/cover on the canopy. if you remove that, there you will see the rj-11 port.

Hi! Thanks for the responses, below are the pictures of what I described to my previous post, is it the GPS sync port or I'm way off?  If it is... I need to insert the override plug in replacement for the white cable (which goes to my pc) or the black wire (which goes to the antenna)? ... If it's not, then I guess I won't be able to access my the canopy page anymore since climbing on our roof is definitely suicide (I remember how the person who installed the antenna had a really hard time climbing on our roof)  :cry: I wish there's another way...

BTW, moderators I'm really sorry for the large image... delete this on your judgement. Thanks.

Gabbie003.jpg

that, my friend, is a grounding device for the canopy in case of thunderstorms.

although i have a theory that it might work if you use you override plug there, you really shouldn't risk it in case you damage your canopy.

you have to go to your roof and take your canopy, in the canopy, there is a cap/cover that you must remove in order to expose the port, where you will use your override plug.

that, my friend, is a grounding device for the canopy in case of thunderstorms.

although i have a theory that it might work if you use you override plug there, you really shouldn't risk it in case you damage your canopy.

you have to go to your roof and take your canopy, in the canopy, there is a cap/cover that you must remove in order to expose the port, where you will use your override plug.

that grounding devise out there is called surge suppressor/protector which will help protect your canopy from power surge. a power surge, or transient voltage, is an increase in voltage significantly above the designated level in a flow of electricity, in this case will be probably caused by lightning. normal household and office wiring in the Philippines, the standard voltage is 220 volts. If the voltage rises way above 220 volts, there is a problem, and a surge suppressor/protector helps to prevent that problem from destroying the device.

Gabbie003.jpg

so this is called SURGE SUPRESSOR? i thought this is just use to extend the wire connection in case the antenna is too far from the lan port? the technician did not install this cause the 20m wire reached my pc already! is my pc not safe from lightning? im going to try this if i have the courage to climb to the roof of our house were the canopy stands!  :uglystupid2:

i didn't know that was what it is called.

if you want to use that surge suppressor, you don't have to climb up to the canopy.

just connect the CAT cable from your canopy to the sppressor(the black one) then connect the white CAT cable to your pc. anyway, that setup on the pic is incomplete, there should be a wire connected from the big screw in the middle to a grounding device.

Just came down from the roof  :grin: though i can't feel my legs right now being numb from the battle of climbing our roof, I'm happy because I successfully had my canopy reset  :smiley: I can now access my canopy page! Thanks for the infos here...

Now, if somebody needs a default plug,to those who need to reset their canopy, who don't want (or don't know) how to make one... and who live in Manila area (coz I reside in Sampaloc), you can "borrow" my default plug anytime  :wink: BTW, to those having a hard time looking for the telephone connector RJ11 6 pins described in many forums, I bought pieces at Raon/Quiapo (Deeco) for only P4.00/ea. Sales ladies call them "RJ12"... don't have to argue as long as it's the "thing" buy it :wink:

Guest ExtremeFusion

thank you!

so we see you got a 7mB aggregate. yes, your sustained data rates are correct, although you can still set it to 5000 on DL and 2000 on UL. and uhuh, enabling the Hi-Priority Channel does help.

that's nice. kuddos bluesero28  :occasion14:

Enabling the high priority channel for a 5.7 Ghz SM with a 1 Mbps aggregate doesn't improve a thing at all..

speaking base on my experience...

based on fact:

"To support low-latency traffic such as VoIP (Voice over IP) or video, the Canopy system implements a high-priority channel. This channel does not affect the inherent latencies in the Canopy system but allows high-priority traffic to be immediately served. The highpriority pipe separates low-latency traffic from traffic that is latency tolerant, such as standard web traffic and file downloads."

taken from the canopy user manual.

• 2 weeks later...