Motorola Canopy Override Plug

elijahpaul

several months ago due to curiosity i was  forced to buy a one 2 meter 6 pin cord for around 200 pesos.. i used it and was able to do what it was supposed to do such as the reset, this cord has 2 end and both has 6 pin, i assembled one for audio that i used for aiming. you can actually hear radio signals. wooshing sound and high pitched tone. it was amazing, and yet somehow complicated.. but then it's really not worth the try... it's really hard to assemble..

but YEAH for those people who really want a testimony then this is it.. It is possible and it do work... :smile2:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its numbered from left to right. with the plug's button facing up.

c'mon, study the pictures!    :wink:

here are the pics:

it's numbered 1-6 from left to right:

rj1110.jpg

but here:

you can see it's numbered 6-1 (left-right)

dscn0510.jpg

if you folllow the numbering from color code also from post 1

Pin 1 → white / orange ← Pin 1

Pin 2 → white / green ← Pin 2

Pin 3 → white / blue ← Pin 3

Pin 4 → green ← Pin 6

Pin 5 → blue ← Pin 5

Pin 6 → orange← Pin 4

that's why i said it's confusing.

plug's button facing up.

button = clip/lock?

• 2 weeks later...

guys.. just want to share this to those who cant find a 6pin RJ11 Plug.. well my local electronic shop has this type.. but unlucky.. they dont stock anymore..

now for some frustration.. i bought 4 pin RJ11 instead...

so if you look closely.. both 6 and 4 pin are the same (yeah right) but the only difference is that well the copper contacts and the wireguide inside..

the 4 pin has only 4 pins and 4 wireguides.. while the 6 pin has 6 wire guides.. to make a default plug using the 4 pin.. you need two things...

1 metal fastener (or a metal strip long and wide enough to cover both 4 and 6th pin.

and a stove..

now.. first.. remove all 4 pins in the RJ11 plastic.. if you look closely... there are 2 unfiled slot on both sides.. which the pin 1 and 6 in 6 pin are located.. now the problem is that the wire guide is blocked coz its only used for 4 pin.. now heat up a metal stripe and insert it inside (on where you put the wire..) well be careful not to damage some plastic parts.. you only need to melt the pin6 wireguide which is blocked by a plastic filling. once youve reach the desired location.. dont pull it out.. leave it stuck (if ever you missed the pin6, you need to redo the process) now.. we only need to short pin4 and 6 right? and the rest is disregarded... so place back those copper pins back to pin 4 and the other one to pin 6 guide pins.. and crimp it.. now the metal stripe will be the conductor inside.. shorting the pin 4 and 6 together.. this will solve your Default plug!

now the rest of those copper pins can be used so keep it.

take note.. i use a a matal fastener and tape the excess with electrical tape.. that will serve as my handle when pulling out the DP.. and i also remove the plastic lock so that i can slip it and pull it out without any problems~

well thats all for now.. hope this help you guys~

btw? this will not cost you 200 or more..

it only cost my 5 pesos for the the rj11 plug and 5 pesos for a metal folder fastener (witch is lying around) so all in all.. 10Php..

• 4 weeks later...

hello... i still cant access my canopy right now...

what i did were:

1. bought 6-pin RJ-11 and CAT5 cable(it has 8 wires)

2. i did the override plug..btw, i havent inserted the brown one and the white-brown strip color and left them hanging)

3. unplugged my smartbro but left my pc on and went up our roof and inserted the plug to the RJ-11 port

4. went down from the roof and plugged my smartbro on..

5. changed my IP to 169.254.3.3, opened my web browser and tried to connect to 169.254.1.1..

guess what??? cannot connect...

is there anything wrong from these steps...? :undecided:

do i really need to leave the other end of the plug with short pin 4 and 6 or is there a need to connect it to somewhere else? :undecided:

i appreciate all the help i could get... :cry:

P.S: this is my first post... :angel:

5. changed my IP to 169.254.3.3, opened my web browser and tried to connect to 169.254.1.1..

guess what??? cannot connect...

welcome to testmy.net jjester

i think your # five is a sufficient answer why you can't connect. try to put in your browser location bar 169.254.3.3 and see what happens next.  :wink:

fyi: for anybody who wants to have a premade canopy override/default plug, i can help. a dozen of those is still in my possession.  :azn:

i think your # five is a sufficient answer why you can't connect. try to put in your browser location bar 169.254.3.3 and see what happens next.  :wink:

fyi: for anybody who wants to have a premade canopy override/default plug, i can help. a dozen of those is still in my possession.  :azn:

doing business eh? :) how much? [nerd]

didn't work either...i still can't connect...

i think it would be possible since your living in mindanao.. did i get it right...?

i'm from zamboanga btw.. :cool:

please pm me your YM ID and we'll talk about the transaction... :smile2:

are you selling these...here on tmn?? what's up with this??

hes not selling it.. he's giving it out.. all we have to do is pay for the shipment..

(kapatiran na to, sabay titig wag kang maingay pare)   <---- just a filipino proverbs all about friendship..

hes not selling it.. he's giving it out..  all we have to do is pay for the shipment..

(kapatiran na to, sabay titig wag kang maingay pare)  <---- just a filipino proverbs all about friendship..

kapatiran means brotherhood...and oh yes momma t. in the philippines we also call it "bayanihan". if someone needs assistance, the neighborhood gives it - for free.  :wink:

what would smartbro say?...are these legal attachments to ur canopy...if not then...ur can't offer them...same as other stuff we frown on here...

i think there is nothing wrong with the reset plug. coz basically this reset plug doesn't do anything with regards to smart.. it just reset your canopy so the settings will be back to the default, it doesn't make your connection speedy nor causes problem with regards to other subscribers.. so it's all good.

what i keep asking...is...does smartbro approve this...or is it an illegal modification??...

would u get in trouble with them??...

on the agreement that we signed, it did not mention about getting to trouble if we tweaks or stuff... would we get in trouble NO!!! they will! now that that one of the senator will study this case.. too much complaints from the customers...

i don't know if it has been published on the net, but I'm sure I have read it on the news paper months back.. I forgot the name of the senator, but it mentioned on that particular article that the office of that senator was using smartbro as their primary internet service provider. It was also mentioned that projects and proposals and other transactions are actually being sent using email.. the problem arises when that senator sent a very important email that was due that particular day... and did not make it on time causing a big damage and delay of projects.. it was also mentioned that it was not the first time the office of the senator experienced such inconvenience and with that last event it triggered the investigation...

smartbro then offered the senator a dedicated internet connection with a static IP address as to pay for the inconvenience for free. the good thing about it was that one of the staff of the senator browsed through the internet to look for solutions and then stumbled upon several forums that list all the frustrations of the subscriber... the senator declined the offer and told smart to improve their service or else their office will be investigated as per violation of consumer rights....

i don't know if it has been published on the net, but I'm sure I have read it on the news paper months back.. I forgot the name of the senator, but it mentioned on that particular article that the office of that senator was using smartbro as their primary internet service provider. It was also mentioned that projects and proposals and other transactions are actually being sent using email.. the problem arises when that senator sent a very important email that was due that particular day... and did not make it on time causing a big damage and delay of projects.. it was also mentioned that it was not the first time the office of the senator experienced such inconvenience and with that last event it triggered the investigation...

smartbro then offered the senator a dedicated internet connection with a static IP address as to pay for the inconvenience for free. the good thing about it was that one of the staff of the senator browsed through the internet to look for solutions and then stumbled upon several forums that list all the frustrations of the subscriber... the senator declined the offer and told smart to improve their service or else their office will be investigated as per violation of consumer rights....

awesome

That is good news, when you hear more, please post up . I'm very interested in seeing the outcome of this.

i was actually scanning the old news paper in the basement last night.. hoping i can get a scanned copy of it... i'll keep you guys updated if i find something.