Trend Micro PC - cillin Internet Sec. 07...drastic cut in battery life on laptop

BlazingSpeed

Hello all...

Like the subject says, I installed the Internet Security on my laptop yesterday and everything seemed to be fine. Today im in class and im lossing about 3% every min. This was with the screen on lowest brightness level, WLAN off and only using Microsoft word. Before this I had Norton's installed and i've never ran out of battery when in a 50 min class...

Im thinking its the Internet Security, is it a known issue or is there a quick fix. Really dont want to resort back to nortons. 

Thx in advance.

I went from Trend Micro 2006 to Kaspersky..  Kaspersky takes a little more time to set up but once it is it does a damn fine job..  I have not noticed any performance changes.. it is does seem to run on less memory though..