AMD Processors

ajb62787

Are you finding your fingers are having hard time to keep up to your thoughts as mine are?  :icon_pale:

This is very true, all you do is set it to the side and buy new,  no need to fix.   :wink:

:lol: always been my problem , but then I type like a woodpecker with a hangover

anyway ,

lol "set it to the side" goes against the grain with me , if any thing breaks I will not leave it be , I guess that is part of my lifetime fixing things , I just got to get it working , even if I throw it in the garbage can after ,  :lol:

lol Paladin  2 finger typing , I would apply for a sectaries job if I could do that , and learn to spell , otherwise no chance of the job ,I guess the legs would not be up  to it either  :lol:

I don't know what happened last post.  It all went as quoting

Roco.  Can anyone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks. :roll: :roll: :roll:

can't help on the fixing , but it is no prob anyway,

I do that from time to time (often ) :lol: I am too busy looking at the keyboard at the time, any one else have the Keyboard fairy move all the keys about overnight  ?  :lol:

To another chair.  :haha:

:2funny:  I wish I had that option ,  :evil6:  I got called in today to walk to the post office for some post stamps (4 Miles return trip ), then take the directors car to the car wash ,  :lol: they are using my Tech skills to the limit ! :evil6:  but as long as they keep paying $35 an hour , I can walk as slow as the next guy,  :lol:

+I got $10 lunch allowance  for the walk ,  on a beautifull  spring day here in the UK ,

Btw I had a had a chocalate cake and a coffee for desserts , while idling the time

I realized desserts spelled backwords = stressed .  :lol: nah I dont think so .

This job was found in heaven for me ,  :grin2: and back home by 11.30 am ,

:2funny:  I wish I had that option ,  :evil6:

Btw I had a had a chocalate cake and a coffee for desserts , while idling the time

I realized desserts spelled backwords = stressed .  :lol: nah I dont think so .

This job was found in heaven for me ,  :grin2: and back home by 11.30 am ,

Environmentally safe, use a chair, electric wheel chair along with your MP3 player.  :wink:  And a side tray for your desserts to go :arrow: all controlled with an AMD processor  :computer:.

Environmentally safe, use a chair, electric wheel chair along with your MP3 player.  :wink:  And a side tray for your desserts to go :arrow: all controlled with an AMD processor  :computer:.

:2funny: now that has given me food for thought ,   :2funny: Hmmm, would I trust an AMD processor that much, but I guess rebooting could be fun  :evil6: 

reminds me of the time I was working in a retirement home for elderly ladies ,

I was working in a corridor when an elderly resident complete with a white stick came around the corner ,I hastily gathered up my tools so she did not trip over them , she called out no it's ok stay as you are , as she deftly walked around them and disappeared out the main doors tapping her way to the edge of a busy main road,thrust out her stick amid the squeal of brakes and walked across and into a shop , next to reapear  and repeat the crossing in the same maner , clutching her newspaper , :shock:

I guess it's true , there ain't no point getting older if you don't get wiser

how come someone always kills the thread with some stupid shit  :angry:

I appologise for that , we did wander right off topic here ,and has been for the last 3 days,  please feel free to bring it back on topic , as my next puter build will be AMD powered , so any input would be apreciated by me

how come someone always kills the thread with some stupid S#!t  :angry:

Maybe because no adds to any more color to the topic and some of us get CRS.  :undecided:

I appologise for that , we did wander right off topic here ,and has been for the last 3 days,  please feel free to bring it back on topic , as my next puter build will be AMD powered , so any input would be apreciated by me

Well Roco the AMD powered PC I'm using now has been going steady for over 3 years, I think four years this coming August, but it hasn't given me any trouble at all running Win2000. I need to read up on the newer processors but this 64Bit has me a little stumped as to what matches up. :icon_scratch:

I'm pretty happy with my setup:

Asus KFN5-D SLI (dual socket F, 8 DDR2 memory banks, 8 SATA 3.0 headers)

AMD Opteron 2210 (Santa Rosa core, 1.8GHz, L1: (64k + 64k) x 2, L2: 1Mb x 2)

2 x Kingston DDR2-667 (PC2-5300) ECC Registered 1Gb (KVR667D2D8P5/1G)

Gigabyte 6600GT 16x PCI-e (500/1000) 256mb GDDR3

Rosewill 600w PSU (RD600-2DB-SL)

HDDs: All WD: 40,80,120,200,320,500 (all IDE except the 500, which is an RE2)

Benq DW1640 DVD+RW

When I get more money, I'm getting the second Opty and two GB more RAM.  Board will go to 32gb.  I don't know how high I'll go.  I use Linux a lot, so that'll read it all, but there's a line in boot.ini that I need to add for 2000 Pro to basically limit it to 4gb when I have more than that.  It was something I read somewhere, but come to think of it, I think that was just for hibernate, which I don't use.

Yep.  Rig is pretty fast.  I love it.  I don't really play any games, so it does what I need it to, hence the 6600GT.