Anyone On? HDD Help

wyantm06

Ok I am filling out a RMA from Western Digital. I clicked Advance RMA. Where they send you replacement FIRST, then you send junk one back. It says this "The total hold amount is the amount that will be held against your credit/debit/ATM card. This amount will be charged to your card if you do not return your defective product within 30 days. " I don't know if I am quite understanding this. Will they charge my card, then erase the payment once I send old one back? Or will they not charge it until I am late sending mine back? Because I don't want to do Advance if they charge right away, only because I have $8.00 on my Bank Card lol.

EDIT: It also says this. "We recommend using a credit card instead of a debit card/ATM/check card. If you are using a debit card, the amount above will not be available to you. " What does it mean not be available to me?

if you use a debit/checking card that amount will be taken off and credited back once they receive it ...

if you use a credit card, no amount will be charged....credit cards can 'hold payments' for a long time without reflecting changes on ur account....so by all means, use a credit card if you have one

if you use a debit/checking card that amount will be taken off and credited back once they receive it ...

if you use a credit card, no amount will be charged....credit cards can 'hold payments' for a long time without reflecting changes on ur account....so by all means, use a credit card if you have one

I'm not sure about the debit card but I agree with disturbed, that amount will not be available for you to use until released.

I think with a credit card it is a hold on the specific amount and it will reflect on your card only if this amount puts you near or over your credit limit. What that means is that amount is held and lowers the amount of credit left on that account. Of course you are not billed for this but just ties it up. You will be billed if the old is not returned within the 30 days. I added this based upon

Will they charge my card, then erase the payment once I send old one back? Or will they not charge it until I am late sending mine back? Because I don't want to do Advance if they charge right away, only because I have $8.00 on my Bank Card lol.

and it may give you an overdraft.  :txt-lol: