Good virus programs

DJVageli

My McAfee virus protection just expired this week and I will like to know if there are any good virus protection programs I can use.I do not want to renew my McAfee program because I do not want to pay for something I dont really like or think is worth it.So is there any program i can use that will get the job done really good and maybe just maybe,is free.I really need one to remove these worms I have on my laptop,because I found out they are the cause of my window errors.Thanks

:)  GRISOFT AVG Free Edition  is a good one Panda is OK, there are many Free AV pgms to choose from and ppl have different ideas as to what they want to do, I'm looking for a post here where we talked about this some time ago, but I would do this just how you are doing by asking other ppl what they use or reccomend..... good luck and tells us what you go with and how you like it if you don't mind..... :)    I gotta agree that is a tight Sig cobra made 4u............................

8) Microwave

i went through like 15 different antivirus programs in a last year.....some of which are: mcafee, norton, panda, kaspersky and god knows what else :) all of them seemed not to be working that good....one would find what other wouldnt....now im using avast antivirus...it seems to be working just fine, no complaints about it, and ive been using it for about 2,3 months now....its not free though

Guest helloimtim

Just a small correction. Avast does offer a free version which I think is pretty good. I use it. Its the only one I use along with a online or 2 scan just to be sure. Just my oppinion.

McAfee just auto-stole $36(and some odd cents) out of my checking account at 2:30AM Saturday morning for the renewal that I don't recall asking for.

I'm sure it was in the micro fine print somewhere.

There customer service is only open M-F.

I was thinking of trying out AVG or someone similar before this came up, but now I am definitely calling McAfee Monday and cancelling.

Not that it was a terrible av, but maybe to spite them a bit.

I am going to look into the suggested av programs from here also.

i just tried the eTrust product both normal and in safe mode and again once it found the virus the computer shut down because of the f-en worm :evil::cry:

I guess no program can help me

But thanks eeryone for giving me all these different reviews of anti-virus programs i never heard of,very good ones but none that can help me :(

hmm...thats odd , its workign for me

try this link instead:

http://hugeurl.com/?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