Sweet computer

Swimmer

Wow very nice rig! I just got my new baby last month. Specs below:

P4 3.0C Mghz (runs at 3.08Ghz)

Kingwin 12-bay (black) aluminum mid-tower with windows on top and side

Case has speaker, headphone, 1 firewire, and 4 USB ports on front

Seagate 120GB SATA HDD (hooked to SATA on mobo)

DFI LP I875P Pro Lan Party Motherboard (not the fastest but it glows neon)

1GB PC400 Corsair XMS Memory (2x512, mobo hold 4gigs max)

Sony 16xDVD-ROM (black)

Sony CD-RW 52x24x52 (black)

Generic Floppy drive (black)

Rounded cables for all inside drives for better airflow (they glow too)

(and to give a little more detail all drives are daisy chained w/rounded cables except the SATA to mobo hookup)

ATI 9800XT 256MB video card (man this thing rocks :D )

6 fans total (4 intake 2 outtake, 1 3colored neon on top window)

Thermaltake 480Watt true power supply with fan speed cotrol (black)

WinXP Professional w/driver disks

As you can see it is an all color coded black baby!

Just for kicks I tell you what. To make this a little fun whoever can get closest to the price (and you can go over and win) I paid shipped for this behemoth you will win yourself a little prize! Only one guess please!!! If I think you even remotely made other guesses you will not win!!! I hope this is okay mods? If not just lock or delete the post but remember you can win too!!! :wink:

Contest end this Sunday when I say it does...lol...because I do not know my plan for Sunday yet. Good luck and may the luckiest speedster win!!!

BTW - The prize will be equilavent to $10 and I would like to get a minimum of 5-10 entries! :P

HINT------------->>>>>>>>>>>> shipping was $65.00 US. All guesses must be in US dollars by the way. Good luck!

PS - This is still pending mods approval. I will post in this thread again to let you know if the battle is on or not?

Sounds great to me... ;-) ~~ I will work on a guess myself :-P

I will have to re-transfer the forum database over to the new server... (I am in the middle of a full server transfer right now... it's a bitch because I have SOOOOOO much data besides the data you all see here.) if I don't... all these posts we are doing right now will disappear! :haha:

Ok I have a number but the prices are based upon OEM products for the hard drive and os. Assuming that you bought OEM for these products I think that I am close. Also you list round cables?? SATA is a round cable...I am guessing it is the floppy/ide you are refering to and that the you are running the drives on the same ide channel. The only other product that I had a hard time finding was the 12bay case. I found an 11 bay case on Kingwin's website so that is what I went with.

My guess is $1792.00

Great to hear the BATTLE IS ON :D BTW I edited my post above to say you can go over the purchase price and still win. Obviously if someone guesses exactly how much I paid they become the instant winner. Please don't edit it a thousand times to see if you hit the number...hehehe. And I will not tell you whether or not any bids that were already placed hit exactly. Well yes I will :D. I see 3 guesses and 2 of them are under and 1 is over...... man I am making this to easy. Now any post below this one counts towards the contest so bid again if you have already posted above or before this post.

Thanks.....have fun....and good luck!!!

I will frequently be stopping in to see if we have an instant winner!

Thanks for the go ahead CA3LE :D (and posts please don't disappear because I know for a fact I could never remember all this stuff to post it again....LMFAO)

If it was like the price is right... I would be like "$1.00!"

:lol:

Since this isn't a game show.. I guess I will throw a price out there... I will guess with that video card I will guess... $860 8)

I have the Radeon 9800 Pro.... best video card I have have seen :-) ATI rocks!

- Damon

Okay the first clue is the cost of the video card. The card itself retails for $499.00US. Best card on the market right now that it why it is so damn expensive. But that is not necessarily what I paid for the card because it was configured into the total cost of my black baby!

If you need to modify your guesses do it after you factor these clues in.

Make sure you guys look at the clues I have given so far:

1) 2 of the first 3 guesses were too low while one was too high. That would give you a price range of $1,500-$1,792.

2) The video card retails for $499US but that is not necessarily what I paid for it!

I will give clues as I deem necessary to home you guys in to the target! :D

Excellent guesses guys but no instant winner unfortunately :(

Good news is I will give one more clue tomorrow night here in the thread that will help you immensely! After that the very next price (if you want to change what your current bid is) will be your final answer. HAHA kinda sounds like Regis Philbin...lol. Then at a random time on Sunday I will come to this thread and announce a victor. I have no idea what time it will be because anytime is fair game after Saturday 12 midnight EST :)

I will try to get the best and last clue up before 6pm EST tomorrow so that will give you guys pleanty of time to fire up the brain cells (unless you have had a few) :D

Okay I am sorry I am a little late but had to wait for CA3LE to get the new server up so I could get on the forums :) Hope all went well!

Last clue: Since the are abour 4 people doing this I will narrow the range down to about $90. Okay taking into account all bids placed so far The following range of $1701-1791 including both the end amounts. More info is that the price is not $1701 or $1791 so that will narrow it even farther. Make your last guess count because there is a smaller price range now so everyone has a better chance of winning.

I will try and wait a longer Sunday to determine the winner because of the swithching of servers and forum access. Thanks and may the best testmynetter win :D

HOLY sheyat! We have an instant winner boys and girls..... "lorne" has hit the magic number right on the button!!! The winning amount was $1767. It was $1702 + shipping which came out to this amount. How the heck did you do that......lmao :D I hope everyone had fun because I had fun giving the clues and watching the guesses. Time to share what I got for free and thanks for playing all. Just love the site and keep up the good work!!!

lorne I will send you a Private Message so you know how to collect your winnings. Congratulations!

Thanks swimmer :D And thank you reddog, I will now have a premium account at dsl reports. That means more twweking for me, since now i have access to more and better tests. Woohooo :!:

As to how i did it, I had 3 different prices written down on seperate pieces of paper. So i put them in a hat and let my curious dog pick one out of the hat. I think I will go give him a bone now. :D