Tree huggers Unite.

Yes, I was thinking of you twandaz.  :grin2:

Hugging The Tree-Huggers

Why so many companies are suddenly linking up with eco groups. Hint: Smart business

When William K. Reilly was plotting the private equity takeover of Texas utility TXU Corp. (TXU ), he foresaw one potential dealbreaker. It wasn't the money. The two main investors--Texas Pacific Group, where Reilly is senior adviser, and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.--wouldn't have any trouble financing the $45 billion deal. Nor was it about getting regulatory approval. Instead, says Reilly, "we decided the walk-away issue for us was not getting environmentalists' support."

...more

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_11/b4025076.htm?campaign_id=rss_daily

:lol: as a criminalized tree hugger , ( Eco warrior ) being :knuppel2: and hit by a water cannon , and getting my name registered at by Mi5 in the UK ,  I guess I have no option to stand up and say thats Me    but I have no great love of Greenpeace ,(  for profit ?) I feel it is up to every individual to do there best for the enviromemt within there ability , if you follow Greenpeace to the letter ,our society would collapse within 6 months,  the real problem IMHO is over population , we are breeding faster than ants,and this will be the downfall  of our species,

the world will recover from our downfall; and will spin on for another billion years ,

lol why am I getting such profound thoughts lately, must talk to my Doc . maybe he can change my medication  :uglystupid2::lol:...................... :lol:

:smile2:  sorry Bro but given the option , I would stand by  Tdawnaz  :smitten: any day,

just wish  with any luck,  we could share our beliefs  and interests  :wink2:

being chained to a tree with Tdawnaz :smitten: Mmmmm,

lol enough fetish for now,  :evil2:

I have sentanced myself to 3 cold showers .......................again ,  :twisted:

Roco. that was tree hugger, not on a tree hug her.  :twisted:

:2funny: sorry bro , but every time Tdawnaz  :smitten: gets a mention  I kinda loose the plot, the word UNITE  triggered it off 

I guess spring is in the air ,  oh no, another cold shower for me  :evil2:

Yes, I was thinking of you twandaz.  :grin2:

:2funny: who's twandaz?? :) ...jk...thx for thinkin of me  :-P

:smile2:  sorry Bro but given the option , I would stand by  Tdawnaz  :smitten: any day,

just wish  with any luck,  we could share our beliefs  and interests  :wink2:

being chained to a tree with Tdawnaz :smitten: Mmmmm,

lol enough fetish for now,  :evil2:

thx roco...i do have pretty strong feelings on these issues...and i'm proud to belong to that group called treehuggers...

or tree hug hers...chained to a tree??...mmmmm with roco??...sounds good to me...ur tree or mine?

Hey....., I got marks on some trees out back from a chain.  :grin2:

I have to mark the dead ones with my chain saw in the summer when the leaves are out because later when the leaves fall I forget  :lost:  which ones and now all or them have no leaves.  :huh:

That's good, but I mark them when I'm cutting so all I have is my saw, gas, bar oil, wrench, file and phone, no room for paint, besides I have never tried that paint ball stuff.  :wink:

*waits for grandpa to show up* LOL  :2funny:

:2funny: who's twandaz?? :) ...jk...thx for thinkin of me  :-P

thx roco...i do have pretty strong feelings on these issues...and i'm proud to belong to that group called treehuggers...

or tree hug hers...chained to a tree??...mmmmm with roco??...sounds good to me...ur tree or mine?

Tdawnaz, it will have to be your tree , mine got the chop  :sad3:, it was blocking the view  of the Royal park , for a millionare in his new house, but on the funny side , the local peasents walking in the park now  give the house the  :flipa:,

I guess he will put in a high hedge soon  :evil6:

see...guess we didn't get to hug that tree soon enough...  :sad3:

k, well...my tree it is then...i'll be waiting

Yeah sad , but a lot of people over here did , it made the national newspapers ,

and has changed the way things are done, just about every full grown tree now has a protection order on it , we have to get permision to lop branches off trees in our own gardens, and as a way of amends my local council has planted 5000 trees ,

I have a Japanese Maple planted outside my house for free , I had to sign adoption papers for it , so it looks like at last I am putting down my roots,

I would love to fly over , but I can't leave my adopted Maple behind , 

*maybe I could  get a tree sitter though *  :wink2: Hmmm,

or we could hug ur maple :)

:lol: great idea ,  :smitten: but ya got to promise to be gentle , it's only a sapling at the moment (around 15 ft height )

The best kind of adoption. And no bottles to clean.  :evil6:

yes it has some advantages , but the worry factor is still there , with your daughters you know they are safely tucked up in bed at night , the maple is left outside in the cold and dark surrounded by the creatures of the night ,  but the upside when it gets older I will at least know where it is , then it will be your turn to worry about the creatures of the night ,  :wink2:.................... :evil6:

:lol: will do granpa , as the owner is well aware who I am,  :angel: 

part of his deal was to re landscape the area after , I will take a photo  :evil2:,

it was more than one English oak that went , these oaks were set in one of Englands most pleasant parks , 3 different species of deer roam in there, the park is walled

by 10 mile 8 ft Tudor wall , the trees lined the drive to the Royal stables , ( now turned into luxury apartments ,  :lol: 

Bushey Park   http://www.photoconnect.net/aapic/ThumbPage_100385.php

I cant post any pics from that site , read the warning :evil2:

the river ( it isn't,  its a canal ) is the one that runs past my garden ,

It was dug for the king by soldiers between the Napoleonic wars 15 miles long ,

at a cost of $7000 , it was dug to keep the morale up of the soldiers , while they weren't busy Dying for the King , we have a very conciderate Royal family :evil6:

the park was given to the public by Queen Victoria ,in the 1800's , and has been dedicated

to the Canadian Commonwealth troops that lost their lives in both world wars,  and has a totem pole from Canada by a lake, also it housed Eisenhower's comand headquarters during ww 2 ,

(SHAEF), finally closed in the late 1960's reopened briefly during in the70- 80s and housed a lot of secret American military personnel and loads of computer stuff that was cooled by gas,(nitrogen ? any one seen this b4 )

as a Eco warriors we tunneled in in the 90s , some very strange stuff  in there,  we found a pit full of Mercury!, but still guarded , by Brit. Mil police + dogs , but they had to sleep at some time  :wink2:

I got 800Mb of poor Q vid film someware, 

Btw I am thinking of writting a book on the parks History, soon as I  stop racing about fixing things for other people,

BTW we still have a annual service of thanks giving for the help the Americas  gave the UK in WW2 , called Chestnut Sunday  + a pic for Coknuc ,  we believe  Bro. , just had a tip off , where

50 or so American  Mil Harley's are buried in the park to save transporting them back to the USA, 

:lol:I must stop here or Tommie will complain about all this Shit in his thread  :wink2: