HELP 107 Kbps with sudden link

Tinsley

OK guys I have hooked up my modem to my daughters computer and the download speed is almost 5000 like night and day. So it is my computer what can I do to fix it. Do you think internet explorer 7 has conflic issue with my computer. Should I uninstall it .Should I take it in to get it work on

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys I have hooked up my modem to my daughters computer and the download speed is almost 5000 like night and day. So it is my computer what can I do to fix it. Do you think internet explorer 7 has conflic issue with my computer. Should I uninstall it .Should I take it in to get it work on

Have you tried all the suggestions?

YES YES YES. Some one told me at office depot that dell is not a good computer

haha, someone at office depot , is trying to dell you an E-machine lol , Dell is one of the better out of the litter. They do more precerts and compatibility  testing than I believe anyone.  Just try and keep your box clean , and free from maleware and viruses.  :)

edit: I would not be surprised , if there were a torrent or a client running , suckin the BW 

Well heres mine grandpa, hows it look Doc?  :roll:

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.2.0f

click START to begin

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 663.81Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 987.22kb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 100 Mbps Full duplex Fast Ethernet subnet

Sorry Grandpa, I have my modem hooked up to my daughters computer in her bed room. I'm really enjoying these speeds ii just test this Dell computer and here are the test:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4577 Kbps about 4.6 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 559 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/03/09 - 6:05am

Bottom Line:: 80X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.83 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 10.71 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 41.57 % faster than the average for host (suddenlink.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-V3GO08EXM

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 [!]

In order to test my other computer I have to unhook every thing again.I think I'm gonna take my PC in to get cleaned out.As far as the guy ar office depot he was sure trying to get me to send my dell back and buy one of his. NO WAY I knew it was a line. This computer I'm on now is 6 years old the one I'm have problems with is 6 months old go figure. I will keep you'll up to date.

My cousin has a dell that's about a year old forgot what model exactly but  it runs great and the only time he had to call costumer support they were really helpful and actually seemed like they knew what they were talking about.

In order to test my other computer I have to unhook every thing again.I think I'm gonna take my PC in to get cleaned out.As far as the guy ar office depot he was sure trying to get me to send my dell back and buy one of his. NO WAY I knew it was a line. This computer I'm on now is 6 years old the one I'm have problems with is 6 months old go figure. I will keep you'll up to date.

Well with all you have been through it may be the best to do. Hard to help without being there with you but we all try. Good luck and keep us all informed and of the problem if you learn what it was.  :wink:

This is the test Grandpa wanted me to test

------  Web100 Detailed Analysis  ------

Cable modem/DSL/T1 link found.

Link set to Full Duplex mode

No network congestion discovered.

Good network cable(s) found

Normal duplex operation found.

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 95.61 msec; the Packet size = 1380 Bytes; and

No packet loss - but packets arrived out-of-order 26.47% of the time

This connection is receiver limited 92.74% of the time.

Increasing the current receive buffer (17.0 KB) will improve performance

This connection is network limited 6.89% of the time.

Contact your local network admin and report excessive packet reordering

Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to:

RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON

RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON

RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF

RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF

RFC 1323 Window Scaling: OFF

Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable

Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End

Client IP addresses are preserved End-to-End

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 447.98Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 1.66Mb/s

Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem

click START to re-test

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 518.63Kb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 1.55Mb/s

Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem

click START to re-test

OK Guys I found the problem my ethernet port dont work so I tried hooking up my modem to the USB port and here is my test

So I was right when I said the NIC card. You can get a new one almost any where. I usually get my stuff at newegg. Yes, you can do it yourself.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Brand=1015&N=50001015&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1015&Description=nnic+card&Ntk=all