Spaceway 3 technologies and possibilities

brandon428

Ive had Direcway,what is now Hughesnet for sometime now. I'm not completely satisfied by its sub-par performance,specifically its horrible FAP. Now with the spaceway 3 going into orbit in August there may be hope for a better and more satisfying future. If it wouldn't be for the FAP and money is no object pricing,it would be a decent ISP. I know that the spaceway 3 will reduce allot of overhead for hughenet and hopefully this will create more reasonable residential pricing packages for us consumers and with the highly increased bandwidth and on-board processor should be able to eliminate FAP. This is my prediction or better yet my dream of what spaceway 3 will really be able to provide for its subscribers. Is this possible??? :haha:

Ive had Direcway,what is now Hughesnet for sometime now. I'm not completely satisfied by its sub-par performance,specifically its horrible FAP. Now with the spaceway 3 going into orbit in August there may be hope for a better and more satisfying future. If it wouldn't be for the FAP and money is no object pricing,it would be a decent ISP. I know that the spaceway 3 will reduce allot of overhead for hughenet and hopefully this will create more reasonable residential pricing packages for us consumers and with the highly increased bandwidth and on-board processor should be able to eliminate FAP. This is my prediction or better yet my dream of what spaceway 3 will really be able to provide for its subscribers. Is this possible??? :haha:

Close to possible.  :lol: Happen. As usual they are much like politicians, offer much, and give very little. But from what I have heard it is supposed to be real cool. But so was everything else they sold us so far. And so little better, nah. I will wait at least till the bugs to get worked out before I get too excited. It took till now to iron out the 7000's.  :uglystupid2:

Ive had DirecWay,what is now Hughesnet for sometime now. I'm not completely satisfied by its sub-par performance,specifically its horrible FAP.

Since this system is added into your path to the Internet it is costly and limited. FAP isn't horrible unless you don't want to share with others paying for the same service. And face it, the plans are rated for your needs, but to get more you need to pay more. You consider it sub-par, as compared to what (sat providers only)? Look at it this way, If Sat Internet wasn't there who would be sub-par then?  :icon_scratch:

Now with the spaceway 3 going into orbit in August there may be hope for a better and more satisfying future. If it wouldn't be for the FAP and money is no object pricing,it would be a decent ISP. I know that the spaceway 3 will reduce allot of overhead for hughenet and hopefully this will create more reasonable residential pricing packages for us consumers and with the highly increased bandwidth and on-board processor should be able to eliminate FAP. This is my prediction or better yet my dream of what spaceway 3 will really be able to provide for its subscribers. Is this possible??? :haha:

You don't think there is overhead to put this bird up? I wouldn't send one up unless there is a large enough customer base to help offset the cost. And unless your a new subscriber I don't see Hughes giving us a free re-point to the new bird since were already paying and in the system, plus, no matter what, Hughes still maintains a trunk line to each NOC. As for FAP, it will still be used, not easy to add bandwidth to a satellite when used up. And I think somewhere down the line everyone with Hughes will be using a 7000 modem, or something newer. So there are 2 choices if one needs more bandwidth, pay for a higher plan or move to where you can get the connection.  :smiley:

Since this system is added into your path to the Internet it is costly and limited. FAP isn't horrible unless you don't want to share with others paying for the same service. And face it, the plans are rated for your needs, but to get more you need to pay more. You consider it sub-par, as compared to what (sat providers only)? Look at it this way, If Sat Internet wasn't there who would be sub-par then?  :icon_scratch:

You don't think there is overhead to put this bird up? I wouldn't send one up unless there is a large enough customer base to help offset the cost. And unless your a new subscriber I don't see Hughes giving us a free re-point to the new bird since were already paying and in the system, plus, no matter what, Hughes still maintains a trunk line to each NOC. As for FAP, it will still be used, not easy to add bandwidth to a satellite when used up. And I think somewhere down the line everyone with Hughes will be using a 7000 modem, or something newer. So there are 2 choices if one needs more bandwidth, pay for a higher plan or move to where you can get the connection.  :smiley:

Exactly what I would have said well not exactly but same meanining  :haha:

There will be overhead to put the new bird in space but if they offer new equipment free to all there subscribers then they'll save money in the long run by switching all the customers to the new satellite so they don't have to pay leasing fees for the birds they use now. They could do this now while their customer base is low. I agree that there has to be FAP to provide an even service but 170 megs....come on. After I download a couple of updates for HP and Windows thats it for practically the whole day.Hughes is just not efficent with their service. It is all about politics unfortunately. I hope though that come later this year everyone will have a standard of 1.5 down and .500 up,with 1 gig FAP threshold. If they would provide me that I wouldn't complain at all paying 110.00 a month! Im not asking for an advatage over other ISPs but I am asking for whats fair and I believe alot ohters feel the same way. [nerdly]

I have never been FAP'd. ( I take shots for it) But really not in 2 years, ever. And I get upddates, D/L a little bit. You use yours quite a bit more than I do, evidently. So there you go with the FAP. Otherwise I pretty much agree with you. And you pay $110 a month for what?

I pay $59.95.