Heat

x_6985381

Big difference; is that the white silicone heat sink compound that gets all over you if you are not careful?

I have never installed a CPU before, but at work we use that white compound when replacing hybrid amplifier chips. Messy stuff.

thanks for the b4 and after temp results , I have allways used Artic silver compound

except the last time , I could only get silicone , and have since been wondering how much difference Artic silver would have made ,

I am running 104F so no problem , but next time it's Artic silver for me  :thumbsup:

It would be interesting to find which is better.

thanks for the b4 and after temp results , I have allways used Artic silver compound

except the last time , I could only get silicone , and have since been wondering how much difference Artic silver would have made ,

I am running 104F so no problem , but next time it's Artic silver for me  :thumbsup:

Your temperature looks OK for now but if you go up one degree it may be wise to see a doctor.  :wink:

I have heard, that arctic silver is conductive, I dont know this for a fact, but I would be weary if it were. It would only take a small amount to cause an issue. I strictly use the white myself, and have no issues w/ heat.  :azn:

BTW, maybe one of you w/ some silver, could take a resistance / ohm reading for the rest of us. To find continuity or not .

Well at your maturity and the way you chase the ladies, I would say that is normal for you. And being a Brit...  :lol: That stuff sounds like it could get in the way of some serious action going on.  :kiss: