Dual display question

Swimmer

Hey is anyone on the forum running a dual display system?? If so what graphic card are you using? I would like to run a dual system but am unsure what type of card I really need, power wise. I know that a DVI can be converted to a vga port then you can hook up 2 displays.

Hey is anyone on the forum running a dual display system?? If so what graphic card are you using? I would like to run a dual system but am unsure what type of card I really need, power wise. I know that a DVI can be converted to a vga port then you can hook up 2 displays.

I cannot really tell you what precise card to buy but I can suggest one over another. Concerning the big boys (NVidia & ATI) I have had both of the top line cards of each company over the last 2 years. And I can pick a winner hands down. And the winner is....... ATI by a landslide!!! Why? Well I do not have one reason all I know is the picture that an ATI card gives compared to an NVidia card (IMHO) ATI does leaps and bounds over NVidia. Just my opinion! Do not want to start a card flaming war :D Now as for how ATI handles dual monitors I do not know but from word of mouth I hear that ATI is a little better but neither card is the best for dual monitoring. If I remember Matrox was the one company that excels in this area. But for gaming it is not in the same class of either of the heavyweights. Hope that helps. Just my opinion of buying and research over the last 7-8 years.